PDA

View Full Version : Neil Borsht Talking About Ron Paul Now - Negative

Lois
09-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Neil Borsht (sp) is talking about Ron Paul on the radiio and he has been for quite a while -- a caller is trying to defend him right now.

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Have a link handy?

paulitics
09-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Every time these neocons talk about RP is good.

Lois
09-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Okay -- at the beginning he gave a huge rant about Ron Paul Supporters.

He said that the Ron Paul supporters were verbally abusing Mitt Romney and threatening to throw him off the boat, so Mitt had to hide in the cabin.

After ranting about that, he said how he had a Ron Paul supporter in the audience when he was interviewing Newt and the Ron Paul supporter was shouting verbal insults to Newt. Something about 'how much did you sell your soul for'.

He said he doesn't like Ron Paul because Ron's an "isolationist". And Neil Borsht believes that we need to go kill the "islamofascists" over there, because they want to come here and kill us.

What a creep.

Lois
09-27-2007, 09:51 AM
I just got home - listened in the car, so I don't have a link. I'll try to get one. It's probably over in ten minutes.

mport1
09-27-2007, 09:51 AM
I hate how Neil Boortz calls himself a libertarian.

Chester Copperpot
09-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Okay -- at the beginning he gave a huge rant about Ron Paul Supporters.

He said that the Ron Paul supporters were verbally abusing Mitt Romney and threatening to throw him off the boat, so Mitt had to hide in the cabin.

After ranting about that, he said how he had a Ron Paul supporter in the audience when he was interviewing Newt and the Ron Paul supporter was shouting verbal insults to Newt. Something about 'how much did you sell your soul for'.

He said he doesn't like Ron Paul because Ron's an "isolationist". And Neil Borsht believes that we need to go kill the "islamofascists" over there, because they want to come here and kill us.

What a creep.

Fuck neil borscht his last name is a cold russian beet soup.. He was probably a communist back when Reagan was president.. fuck that guy... lets get in a boat with neil borscht, throw him overboard and let a russian trawler pick him up

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 09:53 AM
http://streamingradioguide.com/radio-shows-on-air.php

JPFromTally
I've seen a lot of a-hole Ghouliani supporters (Sean Hannity).. what does that have to do with the candidate?

LibertyEagle
Mitt wasn't on the boat. It was Guiliani, right?

pcosmar
09-27-2007, 09:54 AM
You listen to soup?

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 09:55 AM
They're just in the attack phase is all.

To beat 'em, we're going to have to get out there and spread the word and not just on the internet.

Lois
09-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah - they're also talking about Hillary with her mandatory health care issue. Which I agree with him about.

Lois
09-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Yes, I thought it was Giuliani, also. So when he said Mitt Romney, I got confused. I was thinking --

were there more than one ferry across, and so on the one was Giuliani who hid in the cabin and then was there another with Mitt Romney and a bunch of Ron Paul suppoters.

I have to check that out. I'm confused now.

Lois
09-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Are Libertarians Warmongers? Beccause Neil Boortz is one.

Givemelibertyor.....
09-27-2007, 10:02 AM
I think Boortz can be a funny guy at times, and he has a pretty entertaining show.

However, he is cut from the same cloth as Hannity, in that he represents the war hungry, big money interests that have been slowly destroying this country. He knows the truth, but knows that he wouldn't be able to fly his airplanes and play golf all over the world if he ever acknowledged it.

He's a whore, duping Conservatives and Libertarians alike.

Lois
09-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Somebody has set him straight and now he's asking if it was Mitt Romney or Giuliani on the boat.

ButchHowdy
09-27-2007, 10:15 AM

I cringe!

devil21
09-27-2007, 10:19 AM
If the dude doesnt even know which candidate was on the boat then I hope his listeners realize he's full of sh*t once he has to correct himself on air.

kylejack
09-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Mitt was thrown off. Rudy hid in the cabin because he feared the same fate.

MsDoodahs
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm from Atlanta, Neal is NOT a Libertarian, he's a neocon.

As best I can tell, Neal got pissed off at the GOP years back and flounced away like a petulant 5 yr old girl and started calling himself a Libertarian as "punishment" to the GOP. :rolleyes:

He will always be anti-Paul because he's neocon.

Elwar
09-27-2007, 10:28 AM
I used to read the Boortz blog to get a more libertarian perspective of things.

His stance on everything is "liberals are bad". So if the liberals of the day are pro-war he is anti-war, if they are anti-war, he is pro war.

He likes calling himself libertarian so that whenever the Republicans get caught in a spot where they're called to the carpet on some stupid thing that they do he just sidesteps it and says...well, that's why I'm a libertarian.

Pretty much, he was a Republican when Republicans were in power...then when they lost power during the Clinton administration he listened to Harry Brown and became a libertarian...then Republicans gained power again so he jumped back on board.

He's yet another talk show (cut off your phone call and finish the argument) entertainer with no substance.

RadioDJforPaul
09-27-2007, 10:50 AM
I agree...they are just in the attack phase.

Come on, this is big boy politics. Did Rudy get his feelings hurt on the boat? Maybe he should have his dipe-ee changed. All these neocon bozos are going to attack RP any chance they can. Since they really cant bang on Ron because he is the most trustworthy candidate out there, they bang on his supporters. Seems like thats reaching a bit.

JMann
09-27-2007, 10:55 AM
I love Boortz, very entertaining and has a bunch of great ideas. If you guys want to keep calling people that don't agree with Paul 100% of the time all sorts of horrible names you will be responsible for Paul not winning.

Boortz is a great entertainer, that is is job, to entertain listeners and sell advertisement. Take it for what it is. If you agree with anyone across the board you must have no mind of your own.

The hatred on this site is such a turn off. I great place for information but just pure hate spewing from your fingertips. Personally I'm amazed that I support a candidate that many of you do as well but it is such a turn off. I never have liked the people that fight for political ideas by just seeing what a cunt you can be.

Dary
09-27-2007, 11:17 AM
The hatred on this site is such a turn off.

There is a difference between hatred and righteous indignation.

Anyone that would (if they could) send my children to fight and die in a foreign, immoral, and undeclared war, and send me to Gitmo, and anyone who would support someone who would do such a thing deserves all the indignation they get.

It wouldn’t have hurt my feelings at all if the RP supporters would have grabbed Rudy by his neck and sent him swimming.

RevolutionSD
09-27-2007, 11:25 AM
I love Boortz, very entertaining and has a bunch of great ideas. If you guys want to keep calling people that don't agree with Paul 100% of the time all sorts of horrible names you will be responsible for Paul not winning.

Boortz is a great entertainer, that is is job, to entertain listeners and sell advertisement. Take it for what it is. If you agree with anyone across the board you must have no mind of your own.

The hatred on this site is such a turn off. I great place for information but just pure hate spewing from your fingertips. Personally I'm amazed that I support a candidate that many of you do as well but it is such a turn off. I never have liked the people that fight for political ideas by just seeing what a cunt you can be.

Calling Boortz a neocon is not simply name-calling it is defining his political agenda.

RobotJaxxon
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Are Libertarians Warmongers? Beccause Neil Boortz is one.

I believe Ayn Rand argued that the free/liberated people of the world have the moral right (and perhaps responsibility) to liberate oppressed people. The non-initiation of force doctrine did not apply to oppressors, as they continually exert force upon their people.

Its been a while, so I might be remembering incorrectly. But I believe it is possible for a moral libertarian to make the case for warmongering. I generally wouldn't agree with it though, personally.

austin356
09-27-2007, 11:32 AM
People why do you call Boortz a neocon?

Necons are not "anyone who is a big "GWOT" conservative"

Neocons are a small distinct group of statists that do not believe in the ideals Boortz does.

Boortz is a paleoconservative who has been tricked by the conservatives who were tricked by the neoconseratives, in regards to foreign policy.

aksmith
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM

I suppose the anger is there because it seems these people should know better. They are very cavalier with our children's lives. They'd send them to fight anywhere just to show what badasses THEY are. It's pretty sickening. But for a Bortz to be preening around calling himself a libertarian all these years and then turn out to be no more than a Limbaugh or Hannity wannabee is even worse. The fact is that these people have a perpetual forum and they use it to drum up hatred and warmongering. It's pretty sick. And thus, the anger. If we all thought these people sincerely believed they were creating a better world, we'd probably be a bit more tolerant. But it seems that they're mostly doing it to bolster the Republican party and it's corporate supporters so they'll always have a job. Pretty cynical. If they really believed this stuff, then they'd merely be wrong and it would be our job to persuade them. But since they don't have any core beliefs, except cynically holding on to their own positions, they should never get the benefit of the doubt. Bullies, and that's what they are when they disagree with you, should never get the benefit of the doubt or even kind treatment from us. If even one of them would have Ron Paul on his show and let him talk for more than five seconds without jumping down his throat, I'd really feel much more kindly toward them. But they'll never do that because that would actually be admitting two sides to the argument.

kylejack
09-27-2007, 11:40 AM
But I believe it is possible for a moral libertarian to make the case for warmongering. I generally wouldn't agree with it though, personally.
Not one that backs the NAP, except in the case of a true imminent threat.

AgentPaul001
09-27-2007, 11:41 AM
On most issues Boortz would line up directly with Ron Paul and the LP's views. Aside from the War, you'd find they were very compatible.

Thomas_Paine
09-27-2007, 11:46 AM

Give me a break, this is not a matter of Boortz not agreeing with Ron 100% of the time. It's about him using his influence to bad mouth the ONLY candidate who can take America back from the brink of destruction. FUCK BOORTZ and all the rest the NAZI's who worship the beast of militarism.

Boortz is not a song and dance man, he is political talk show host who has a lot of influence over his listeners. I agree with the principles of liberty ACROSS THE BOARD, Ron Paul also agrees with these principles ACROSS THE BOARD.

Boortz has his head so far up his ass that he OBVIOUSLY hasn't even read about the ferry incident in question. What a piece of shit, he gives his opinion without even knowing WHO was on the boat, what a worthless scum bag.

AgentPaul001
09-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Boortz has been mixed on Ron Paul in the past saying he would vote for him aside for his views on the War.

Its unfair that he's attacking Ron Paul for the actions of some rogue supporters, but I think we can all agree that some elements of Ron Paul's campaign have supported him in ways that haven't been the most helpful.

MsDoodahs
09-27-2007, 11:53 AM
On most issues Boortz would line up directly with Ron Paul and the LP's views. Aside from the War, you'd find they were very compatible.

You haven't listened to Neal for very long.

Neal believes there should be smoking bans in public places.

Neal believes that the gov't should be able to force you to wear seatbelts.

Neal believes that the gov't should be able to force you to wear helments when you ride a motorcycle.

The list of what Neal advocates the gov't controlling in your life goes on and on and on.

None of these views are in line with Dr. Paul.

aksmith
09-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Boortz has been mixed on Ron Paul in the past saying he would vote for him aside for his views on the War.

Its unfair that he's attacking Ron Paul for the actions of some rogue supporters, but I think we can all agree that some elements of Ron Paul's campaign have supported him in ways that haven't been the most helpful.

Yeah, sometimes it's annoying when people are too aggressive. But I think it's better than having no spirit for the candidate. And that's how most of the other campaigns look.

Eli
09-27-2007, 11:57 AM
its getting to the point where they can't deny ron paul having massive support so now they're preaching that his huge support is just a bunch of jerks. Just part of the fighting phase :)

ButchHowdy
09-27-2007, 12:31 PM

MY OH MY!! I love Boortz too . . . about as much as Hannity

wgadget
09-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Somebody has set him straight and now he's asking if it was Mitt Romney or Giuliani on the boat.

It was ME, it was ME...My 5 seconds of fame is now. :)

Here's the first person report I sent my meetup group:

Hi, all,

Just got back from the Boortz broadcast at the Galleria. Did anyone happen to listen
to the show today?

I attended with my 11yo daughter and 15yo son, and it was a decent show (as far
as language and subject matter). My daughter proudly wore her new Ron Paul hat
the entire time, which was from 8:30am-1pm. We sat about four rows back front and
center, so that everyone up on the stage was sure to know our affiliation, via the
hat.

Well, Newt came in around 10:30 and did his spiel, and left around 11. Newt was
working his way out of the room when this guy comes in yelling something like, "How
much did it cost you to sell your soul, Newt? I used to be a neo-con, too...(unintelligible)"
Well, they carried him off, and I said to Troy, who sat beside me, "I hope
he wasn't a Ron Paul supporter..."

Guess what? When the show comes back on the air, Boortz starts in on calling this
guy a "pot bellied pig" and claiming he WAS a Ron Paul supporter. He
went on a rant for a while saying that RP favors the terrorists who want us all
dead, etc. Some guy called a few minutes later named Mark whom Boortz lost somehow.
(We were wondering if it was Mark A.?) Then another guy did get through
who was defending RP, and had some great points, but Boortz out-talked him, and
the caller got cut off. A lot of animosity today at the "studio" against
"you Ron Paul supporters," but it was not unexpected.

Boortz took the opportunity to tell all about how the evil RP supporters wanted
to throw Romney (sic) off the ferry in Michigan. He told us what we already know
about our supporters causing the loss of credibility to RP's election... Then
I wrote him a note (which Troy kindly delivered) saying that 1). It was Giuliani,
not Romney 2). That a candidate has no control over who supports him. 3) Thanks
for putting out Ron Paul's name on the radio, albeit in a bad light. I signed
it "Homeschool Mother of Three for Ron Paul 2008."

JMann
09-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Give me a break, this is not a matter of Boortz not agreeing with Ron 100% of the time. It's about him using his influence to bad mouth the ONLY candidate who can take America back from the brink of destruction. FUCK BOORTZ and all the rest the NAZI's who worship the beast of militarism.

Boortz is not a song and dance man, he is political talk show host who has a lot of influence over his listeners. I agree with the principles of liberty ACROSS THE BOARD, Ron Paul also agrees with these principles ACROSS THE BOARD.

Boortz has his head so far up his ass that he OBVIOUSLY hasn't even read about the ferry incident in question. What a piece of shit, he gives his opinion without even knowing WHO was on the boat, what a worthless scum bag.

So you are saying think like me or fuck you. This is the reason people like you and those you support continue to never get elected. You have to bring in millions of people that share ideas but don't agree across the board. It is a shame that some of the rabid Paul supporters can't get past their own propaganda.

wgadget
09-27-2007, 01:08 PM
I think he's saying "speak the truth" or f*ck you, which I tend to agree with.

CMoore
09-27-2007, 01:52 PM
I came in on the Pot Bellied Pig comment and did not know what they were talking about. Did I hear Royal say "I might even vote for Ron Paul myself?"
Did anyone else hear this?

wgadget
09-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Yes, he DID say that....We handed them a Ron Paul tri-fold and a slimjim.

BillyDkid
09-27-2007, 01:56 PM
I agree completely. I have no idea why he does it. He is no more libertarian than Bush or Ralph Nader are.

Givemelibertyor.....
09-27-2007, 02:00 PM
http://images.radcity.net/6510/2080975.jpg

This kinda says it all.......

wgadget
09-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Why the downcast face, Seany-boy?

mesler
09-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Neal sounds like a collectivist when he talks about 'ron paul supporters'. I thought he was a libertarian.

quickmike
09-27-2007, 02:31 PM
I agree completely. I have no idea why he does it. He is no more libertarian than Bush or Ralph Nader are.

Hes a neo-con. Hes using the same tactics they used when they took over the republican party. They call themselves something to give the impression that their definition of something is the correct one. If enough people hear him call himself a libertarian and they agree with his positions, they will think they are libertarians as well. Next thing you know, the whole libertarian party is about "gettin' the war on", big government spending, and making the whole world safe for democracy by going to war with everyone on the planet.

His only goal is to f--k up the LP

Hes a neo-con, and he knows it.

Dary
10-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Boortz is still at it.

He just said that Ron Paul blames America for 911.

Disagreeing with a candidate is one thing, but outright lying is something different.

I can't believe that I once liked this guy.

DjLoTi
10-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Just don't stoop to his level.

billv
10-15-2007, 10:14 AM

Facts don't matter when attacking Ron Paul

TruckinMike
10-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Since we're bashing boortz..

He's anti- second amendment.

He's for the licensing and regulating of firearms. (but he's pro-self defense;) )
he's for abolishing HUNTING with guns or any other device
He's for the banning of "Non-Sporting use weapons" and hunting firearms

"non-sporting use" = anything that could be used or have been used by militaries.(other than hand guns, but include centerfire hunting rifles(sniper Rifles))

Note:These are my beliefs about boortz....from years of listening to him on the road. His beliefs mirror Hannity's.

terlinguatx
10-15-2007, 12:38 PM

TVMH
10-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I see Boortz as an agent provocateur.

I called into his show one time during the 2000 Lib. campaign, and wanted to say that he was being hypocritical with regard to calling himself a libertarian and supporting foreign invasion.

His only words to me? "Bite me!"...then he hung up on me and proceeded to make fun of what he thought I might say.

He's a tool.

ButchHowdy
10-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Neal Boortz = I'm a Libertarian but . . .