PDA

View Full Version : Antiwar.com low on funds, requesting contributions

tggroo7
08-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Going to antiwar.com today, as I do almost daily, you get something different than normal. The site is in need of donations and has this spiel:

"The clock is ticking. Iran is developing a nuclear capacity at a fairly rapid clip."
~ Barack Obama, June 26, 2009

If you thought Obama's victory would give us a respite from the threat of a new war, then think again. The same people who brought us the invasion of Iraq are pushing for an attack on Iran – and our president is echoing their war cries.

As we have pointed out again and again on this Web site, there is no evidence that Iran is pursuing a nuclear weapons program. Indeed, Obama is contradicting his own CIA, which has declared "with high confidence" [.pdf] that Iran gave up its weapons program in 2003.

Yet military commanders have been singing the same tune as Obama, even using the same metaphor. "The clock is ticking," we are told, but when did it ever stop?

The War Party has been trying to provoke a conflict with Iran for years, and today it is closer than ever to its goal. In a month or so, the deadline Obama has set for a favorable response from the Iranians will have come and gone. What then? Sanctions, threats, provocations, and war. That is the path we are treading, unless the antiwar movement finds its voice again.

The antiwar movement seems to have fallen into a catatonic state since the election of President Obama. Yet we at Antiwar.com have not been silent. We've been exposing the war propaganda that inundates the mainstream media on a daily basis, debunking the phony "intelligence" aimed at demonizing Iran, and giving our readers the facts about who and what is behind the latest push for war.

Yet we can't continue to do it without your help. We must raise enough money to keep going, and we're counting on you – our readers and supporters – to make sure our voice isn't stilled. We're trying to prevent an eminently avoidable war, but we need your assistance, and we need it now. Without your tax-deductible donation, we just won't be able to stay online – at a time when our voice is needed more than ever before.

Stand up to the War Party.

And there you can make a contribution. I plan on giving something and I hope that several of other people here will as well. This is one of my favorite and trusted sites and hopefully many of you visit it from time to time as well. I just want to notify the not-so-frequent visitors of their request for donations in case they didn't know about it.

Aug. 10, 2009 07:12:02 PDT
Transaction ID: 5ED47676P5907390K
Hello Scott B,

You sent a payment of $20.00 USD to Antiwar.com (egarris@antiwar.com)

angelatc
08-10-2009, 08:08 AM
I absolutely believe that their donations have probably dried up since the left decided that it probably was ok to bomb Pakistan.

itshappening
08-10-2009, 10:26 AM
DONATE to Antiwar.com!

RSLudlum
08-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I've given to them the past 2 quarters. I frequent the site quite often so I have no problem donating to keep it up and running for all to see.

BlackTerrel
08-11-2009, 01:25 AM
The antiwar movement seems to have fallen into a catatonic state since the election of President Obama. Yet we at Antiwar.com have not been silent. We've been exposing the war propaganda that inundates the mainstream media on a daily basis, debunking the phony "intelligence" aimed at demonizing Iran, and giving our readers the facts about who and what is behind the latest push for war.

Capitalism in action

#1 Their rhetoric is bogus. We're not going to war with Iran anytime soon.

#2 Demonizing Iran??? Nobody wants to read people who defend Iran. I've yet to meet a single Iranian here in the US who supports the regime.

itshappening
08-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Capitalism in action

#2 Demonizing Iran??? Nobody wants to read people who defend Iran. I've yet to meet a single Iranian here in the US who supports the regime.

Don't bet on it, the war drums are beating and the defense budgets are INCREASING under Obama. With the democrats in charge, the left have been put to sleep.

donate today!

www.antiwar.com
www.antiwar.com
www.antiwar.com

BlackTerrel
08-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Don't bet on it, the war drums are beating and the defense budgets are INCREASING under Obama. With the democrats in charge, the left have been put to sleep.

donate today!

www.antiwar.com
www.antiwar.com
www.antiwar.com

That's great rhetoric for a website that wants more money but people aren't buying it.

Antiwar.com had some good stuff before the Iraq war and even after but they've become more and more over the top with their rhetoric lately. I'm not at all shocked that they're low on cash.

Barney
08-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Capitalism in action

The rhetoric is bogus? The words of Obama, Hillary and Israeli ministers don't carry any weight with you?

Of course the US won't be going to war with Iran. The US hasn't been at war since WWII. The US wasn't even at odds let alone war with Cambodia or Laos. Just because the US won't be going to war with Iran, doesn't rule out anything.

And if those Iranians you met feel so strongly about the regime should return to their country and help institute the change they want. Real change can only come from within, not from bombing or occupation by foreigners.

You just inspired me to kick in $50.

gls
08-12-2009, 12:47 PM
That's great rhetoric for a website that wants more money but people aren't buying it.

Antiwar.com had some good stuff before the Iraq war and even after but they've become more and more over the top with their rhetoric lately. I'm not at all shocked that they're low on cash.

lol you can pretend all you want that Obama isn't an even bigger warmongerer than Bush, but that doesn't make it true. Just look at the ever-expanding military budget. facts don't cease to exist just because they are ignored.

disorderlyvision
08-12-2009, 03:47 PM
bump