PDA

View Full Version : FOR LIBERTY documentary video excerpt #2 - Showdown In Iowa

AdamT
08-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Second video excerpt from the doc (http://www.forlibertymovie.com/) featuring Thomas Woods, Trevor, Josh & BJ Lawson. Enjoy.

YouTube - FOR LIBERTY Excerpt #2 - Showdown In Iowa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcLiXvjm6Mg)

Deborah K
08-09-2009, 04:58 PM
This is gonna be so awesome! I can't wait to see the whole thing and buy copies and pass them out! You're doing a really great job describing us. Thanks so much for this AdamT, and your team as well.

dr. hfn
08-09-2009, 05:28 PM
omfg, this movie is going to be awesome! I'm buying 16 copies for my family households. Anyone got the balls to match me?

AdamT
08-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys. DVDs will be available in mid-September. In addition to regular DVDs, we're gonna have them available in disc-only bulk packs for cheap specifically for activists to hand out, etc. Some premieres are in the works too :)

We just crossed the year mark of having started the project - just finished the last section of the film last night. OMG it's gonna be a strange feeling when it's all done and the master goes off to the replicators.

torchbearer
08-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Is there a tracking company for movies?
For instance, in music, there is SoundScan that tracks music sells for the Top 40's.
Is there such a thing for movies and if so, are you getting the DVD barcoded and placed in the database?

rajibo
08-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys. DVDs will be available in mid-September. In addition to regular DVDs, we're gonna have them available in disc-only bulk packs for cheap specifically for activists to hand out, etc. Some premieres are in the works too :)

We just crossed the year mark of having started the project - just finished the last section of the film last night. OMG it's gonna be a strange feeling when it's all done and the master goes off to the replicators.

How long will it be and will the DVD be jam-packed with extras?

Jeremy
08-09-2009, 06:54 PM
lol, Natalie is busy on RPF in the background! :p

torchbearer
08-09-2009, 06:57 PM
lol, Natalie is busy on RPF in the background! :p

minesweeper.

disorderlyvision
08-09-2009, 07:08 PM
i am getting super excited for this!!!!!!

AdamT
08-09-2009, 08:00 PM
How long will it be and will the DVD be jam-packed with extras?

Main film should be around 110 mins, and yes the DVD will be packed with extras.

rajibo
08-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Main film should be around 110 mins, and yes the DVD will be packed with extras.

Awesome!:D

raystone
08-09-2009, 08:54 PM
That clip clearly shows Natalie is the laborer and brawn behind RPF, Bryan and Josh are there occasionally for the marketing and PR glory.

AdamT
08-09-2009, 09:11 PM
that clip clearly shows natalie is the laborer and brawn behind rpf, bryan and josh are there occasionally for the marketing and pr glory.

lol

TheTyke
08-09-2009, 09:30 PM
This is seriously amazing. I can't WAIT to see it.

JoshLowry
08-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Anyone else having trouble getting this video to load?

/conspiracy

Danke
08-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Anyone else having trouble getting this video to load?

/conspiracy

No, not here.

Purple Haze?

torchbearer
08-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Purple Haze?

He wishes.

MRoCkEd
08-09-2009, 10:39 PM
:)
Are you sending this to any TV Stations (IFC, Sundance) or to any film festivals?

scandinaviany3
08-09-2009, 11:01 PM
:)
Are you sending this to any TV Stations (IFC, Sundance) or to any film festivals?

totally agree...chris..you should enter it..

AdamT
08-09-2009, 11:06 PM
I think we'll probably do some of that. I do know it's very costly to enter festivals, especially the high profile ones. Then you usually have to travel to them as well, which is not a problem if you have a big name distributor to pay for it, which we don't at the moment.

We're pretty much coming out of nowhere with this, but I think some opportunities may open up once we release it finally.

Imperial
08-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Do you expect to generate a profit?

BTW, I plan to buy at least one copy!

StudentForPaul08
08-09-2009, 11:15 PM

I think they will. A big one too. IMO. It looks amazing. I am going to buy one. :cool:

UtahApocalypse
08-09-2009, 11:23 PM
I think we'll probably do some of that. I do know it's very costly to enter festivals, especially the high profile ones. Then you usually have to travel to them as well, which is not a problem if you have a big name distributor to pay for it, which we don't at the moment.

We're pretty much coming out of nowhere with this, but I think some opportunities may open up once we release it finally.

Everyone knows that Utah has Sundance. What is not as known is around the same time there are about a dozen other festivals all over the Salt Lake are that are much cheaper, easier to enter, and still get visits from all the big name Sundance people and crowds.

dr. hfn
08-09-2009, 11:38 PM
pbs will surely air it. long shot, but maybe glenn beck would feature it on his show

MikeStanart
08-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Put me down for a copy; I have no doubt this will be a work of art that will keep the fire burning for some time.

qwerty
08-10-2009, 03:08 AM
GREAT ONE!

:cool:

0zzy
08-10-2009, 04:39 AM

I think the purpose of these film festivals is to find a distributor lol. maybe you should hold off releasing this DVD and see the competition rules or whatever, see if you can get a big distributor or a cable station. they won't want it once it's been passed out in 10000 dvds to ron paul peeps cause then they wont have a market :O.

MRoCkEd
08-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Any announcement about the philly premiere?

Deborah K
08-10-2009, 10:47 AM

I hope he makes a bundle and becomes a well-known liberty documentary videographer. Capitalism! Yeah!!!

Deborah K
08-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Do a fundraiser, and contact Ted Anderson at GCN.

AdamT
08-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Any announcement about the philly premiere?

Still ironing out the details. Looks like we'll do one in NYC and WI as well.

Will make it known soon :)

fletcher
08-10-2009, 12:08 PM
This brings back good memories. It was my first RP rally. I can't wait to see this movie.

AdamT
08-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Nice! Woods has a blog about this on the CFL homepage.

LibertyEagle
08-10-2009, 04:53 PM
WOW! That's wonderful, Adam. So many great memories and more to come too. :)

StudentForPaul08
08-10-2009, 05:09 PM
My first political rally ever. Philadelphia, PA. Right next to the Constitution Center. It was freezing. :P

AdamT
08-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Starting to work on the artwork for the DVD cover. Working on the back soon :)

http://www.forlibertymovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/forliberty_mock2.jpg

devil21
08-16-2009, 04:02 AM
Eh, not really feelin that cover! Looks like a horror movie would. Reminds me of SAW posters.

Why so dark?

Jeremy
08-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Yah, probably take most of the darkness / blackness out of the text. And maybe the background should be less grungy with a little bit of color?

The text is what makes it look like a horror movie though. :p

But the cover still looks like it has the potential to be really good in the end, just don't make it so depressing!

edit: also, is the quote at the bottom a bit much?... I mean this is a peaceful revolution.

MRoCkEd
08-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Eh, not really feelin that cover! Looks like a horror movie would. Reminds me of SAW posters.

Why so dark?

Yah, probably take most of the darkness / blackness out of the text. And maybe the background should be less grungy with a little bit of color?

The text is what makes it look like a horror movie though. :p

But the cover still looks like it has the potential to be really good in the end, just don't make it so depressing!

edit: also, is the quote at the bottom a bit much?... I mean this is a peaceful revolution.
I agree with these.

In my head I imagined a really happy, inspiring cover showing lots of ron paul supporters

torchbearer
08-16-2009, 09:41 AM
I like the cover.
The tree after-all is withering.

MRoCkEd
08-16-2009, 09:46 AM
What about using the yellow "DONT TREAD ON ME" flag somehow to brighten this thing up - maybe use it as the title instead of the blood - and remove the quote.
This should be about a peaceful revolution, not a violent bloody one.

torchbearer
08-16-2009, 09:55 AM
What about using the yellow "DONT TREAD ON ME" flag somehow to brighten this thing up - maybe use it as the title instead of the blood - and remove the quote.
This should be about a peaceful revolution, not a violent bloody one.

I like it as is-
but to point out- "don't tread on me" is also viewed as a "violent hate-crime" flag.
So if we can put it on the back cover, that would be great.

Ayn Rand entitled her book "The Virtue of Selfishness" because she wanted the extreme title to catch a person's interest. Once they cracked open the book, the explanation would prove to be something else.

Here is an example i'm putting up for color scheme purposes:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2619/3783305564_29c44b2972_o.jpg

torchbearer
08-16-2009, 09:57 AM
An idea for back cover- a screen grab of the scene with the walkers marching in minnesota. the one with the color guards as seen in one of the trailers.
It looks like ron paul's army marching.

MRoCkEd
08-16-2009, 10:12 AM
/\ I like that idea, or the crowd marching on the revolution march
Just make sure they aren't covered in blood

And you definitely need a better subtitle.

MRoCkEd
08-16-2009, 11:24 AM
What about
For Liberty (not written in blood)
The Story of the Ron Paul Revolution
OR
A Grassroots Account of the Ron Paul Revolution

AdamT
08-16-2009, 02:04 PM
LOL at all the blood stuff, the logo is not made of blood. It just happens to be red :)

The quote at the bottom is the only reason you're thinking of blood. We can always change the quote, but it was the one that also referenced the Tree.

The back will have pictures of supporters, pics of people in the film, etc and will not be as grungy. Working on that soon.

MRoCkEd
08-16-2009, 03:04 PM
LOL at all the blood stuff, the logo is not made of blood. It just happens to be red :)

The quote at the bottom is the only reason you're thinking of blood. We can always change the quote, but it was the one that also referenced the Tree.

The back will have pictures of supporters, pics of people in the film, etc and will not be as grungy. Working on that soon.
I asked the members of my family individually, and none of them liked it.
They called it a horror movie and said it should be uplifting and not so depressing.

My mom said "that looks like death!"
and her friend who was here said "that turns me off... i don't like it one bit"

devil21
08-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Glad to see Im not the only one turned off by the cover. Im sure you put a lot of work into it but you really should consider something else. That cover doesn't fit with the movement at all IMHO. Needs more color, less "graffiti", etc. The tree idea is great but it really doesn't need to look like a SAW movie poster.

AdamT, we all understand your interpretation of the cover since you designed it. The problem is other people's interpretation if we intend to spread the videos around.

DirtMcGirt
08-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Awesome job Adam!!! I agree w/ a few of the others idea concerning adding a bit more color on the front. What about on the top; an image of a piece of a water bucket with blue water coming out that is dripping on the title, cover, and pieces of the tree, the areas where the water has hit brings in color and life... Maybe this would lighten it up a bit or maybe it will make it look like a romper room... I need to put the herb down...
Anyway,
Keep up the good work!!!

FSP-Rebel
08-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Awesome job Adam!!! I agree w/ a few of the others idea concerning adding a bit more color on the front. What about on the top; an image of a piece of a water bucket with blue water coming out that is dripping on the title, cover, and pieces of the tree, the areas where the water has hit brings in color and life... Maybe this would lighten it up a bit
Anyway,
Keep up the good work!!!
I 2nd this. I think that the incorporation of a light blue color would definitely add more appeal to this dvd cover. As said before, we're trying to appeal to those that aren't already on board. Just a little constructive criticism, not trying to seem pompous.

AdamT
08-16-2009, 04:43 PM
I appreciate the criticism and ideas! Will see what can be done about it.

We need a real good quote for the bottom if we're gonna lose the Jefferson one.

torchbearer
08-16-2009, 05:16 PM

I like the jefferson quote.
it explains the subtitle.

FSP-Rebel
08-16-2009, 05:24 PM

"It does not take a majority for liberty to prevail, yet an irate, tireless minority keen to setting brush fires in people's minds." Too long? I believe this was attributed to one of the Adams, John or Samuel.

AdamT
08-16-2009, 05:25 PM
I like the jefferson quote.
it explains the subtitle.

We like it too. Vote?

devil21
08-16-2009, 05:43 PM
TJ's quote is fine and certainly works with the title. That combined with a less "foreboding" cover art would do the trick.

Jeremy
08-16-2009, 07:28 PM
get rid of that quote, we aren't violent people and there is no blood in our revolution

this one is perfect for the ron paul revolution

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. "
- Samuel Adams

Epic
08-16-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't like the quote for the dvd cover because I don't think violence is the best way to liberty.

And the cover itself is kinda dreary, it needs to be more upbeat. Color scheme needs to brighter.

Personally, I would rethink the entire part about the tree - both in title and as the main visual object.

MRoCkEd
08-16-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't like the quote for the dvd cover because I don't think violence is the best way to liberty.

And the cover itself is kinda dreary, it needs to be more upbeat. Color scheme needs to brighter.

Personally, I would rethink the entire part about the tree - both in title and as the main visual object.
Agreed

I was never a fan of the subtitle, but if you MUST stick with it, at least get a less gruesome cover.

MRoCkEd
08-17-2009, 05:12 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs176.snc1/6620_1205082761658_1066296216_675502_2561751_n.jpg

Can you guys just scrap the tree altogether (and the subtitle and the quote)? This isn't a rainforest documentary.

Sorry if I seem too critical.

AdamT
08-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Can you guys just scrap the tree altogether (and the subtitle and the quote)? This isn't a rainforest documentary.

Sorry if I seem too critical.

The person who posted that design is acting on his own behalf, nothing to do with us. You might as well delete that out of this thread.

MRoCkEd
08-17-2009, 05:49 PM
The person who posted that design is acting on his own behalf, nothing to do with us.
Oh, okay.

AdamT
08-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Mocked this up today. The back is still being worked on but will contain pics of supporters, RP, images from the doc, and of course text about the film, etc. Any better guys? :) :)

http://www.forlibertymovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/mock2flag.jpg

MRoCkEd
08-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Much better! How about a Ron Paul campaign sign in the grass? :p

ClayTrainor
08-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Mocked this up today. The back is still being worked on but will contain pics of supporters, RP, images from the doc, and of course text about the film, etc. Any better guys? :) :)

dam that is nice

AdamT
08-20-2009, 09:53 PM

That's a great idea, let me try that out.

torchbearer
08-20-2009, 09:57 PM

open-source movie projects FTW!

devil21
08-20-2009, 10:13 PM

Now that's a great cover!

I can't wait to see the reverse side. Definitely should be some sort of live action photos of RP and supporters. Ive always liked the pics of RP from behind at the UofMichigan rally, with the lights shining on him and thousands of people before him. Definitely a great occasion if you can find a good quality picture for it.

Here's one of the blurry ones so you know what Im talking about, was just a quick search:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronpaul2008/1553667082/

DirtMcGirt
08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Awesome!!!
http://www.independentcritics.com/images/roger%20ebert%20thumbs%20up.jpg

Eric21ND
08-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I'd like to second the idea of the Michigan rally picture...its just so awe inspiring!

muzzled dogg
08-20-2009, 10:37 PM
new art sucks

AdamT
08-20-2009, 10:43 PM
I'd like to second the idea of the Michigan rally picture...its just so awe inspiring!

Already planning on using that one the back somewhere. That's one of my fav pics from the entire campaign. Epic.

rajibo
08-20-2009, 11:03 PM
new art sucks

He said it's a mockup.......

UtahApocalypse
08-20-2009, 11:13 PM
What about adapting one of the best images of the campaign to work as the box art?

http://ronpaulmosaic.com/ad/ames_ad_ron_paul_140dpi.jpg

Epic
08-20-2009, 11:52 PM
the new mockup rocks.

Conza88
08-20-2009, 11:56 PM
This shit is off the hooooook

fr33domfightr
08-21-2009, 12:15 PM
The original dead tree actually symbolized things pretty well, IMHO. You could have a dead tree on once side and color on the back, but that wouldn't leave room for campaign photos. I admit the colored tree cover does look nice.

I'd like to know if this DVD will actually show people the news media bias against Ron Paul?

I was just thinking, this movie is important enough to be a wide release deal. If Michael Moore can do it with his material, why not this documentary??

I know you mentioned screenings, but what about a Fathom Events deal? It would be cool to watch this at a movie theater at a hyped up event.

FF

MRoCkEd
08-21-2009, 01:43 PM

That's a great idea, let me try that out.
I don't know if this guy is associated with you, but he posted this on the facebook and it looks great:

http://www.robsacrossamerica.com/liberty/ForLiberty.jpg

Now all you need to do is make the Title look better

AdamT
08-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I'd like to know if this DVD will actually show people the news media bias against Ron Paul?

Yes it does.

I was just thinking, this movie is important enough to be a wide release deal. If Michael Moore can do it with his material, why not this documentary??

We don't have a distribution deal.

I know you mentioned screenings, but what about a Fathom Events deal? It would be cool to watch this at a movie theater at a hyped up event.

Check our Screenings page (http://www.forlibertymovie.com/screenings). One in NYC and others soon to be announced.

AdamT
08-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Now all you need to do is make the Title look better

It's meant to look sketchy like all the homemade signs during the campaign.

devil21
08-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Is there anything we can do to help with finding a distributor? (if you want or need one, I mean)

Ian A.
08-21-2009, 07:03 PM
I need to ask: will this film be relevant to today and the future of the Liberty movement, or will it be just a nostalgic look at the past?

I hope you add the high tide ad to the bonus feature! (the one with the C4L logo that is ;))

AdamT
08-21-2009, 11:20 PM
I need to ask: will this film be relevant to today and the future of the Liberty movement, or will it be just a nostalgic look at the past?

I hope you add the high tide ad to the bonus feature! (the one with the C4L logo that is ;))

It tells the story of the grassroots throughout the campaign, ending at the Rally in MPLS. But in a way that's a piece of a much larger picture. There is commentary at the end that is very inspirational and discusses the future. By no means does it imply the movement is over or anything like that. The storyline does not go past MPLS. That is reserved for possibly another film :eek:

To some deeply involved in the campaign, sure some parts might seem nostalgic, but we made the film for non-supports alike who have no idea any of this happened. It will be an interesting story to supporters and new people alike.

THT will be a bonus feature, and has a short section in the doc where we interviewed the 3D animator Nate Evans. Scibilia's in there too playing the theme song on the piano at his studio in NY.

AdamT
08-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Is there anything we can do to help with finding a distributor? (if you want or need one, I mean)

Hmm, not really sure. We're not huge name filmmakers or anything like that. Just some indie guys who took this on and spent a year working on it. I always assumed if the film was good enough some kind of distro deal may materialize. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Bruno
08-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Fantastic work, Adam! Loved the preview - can't wait for the video! :)

Conza88
08-22-2009, 12:50 AM
it needs documenting..... seriously.

Even people here in the same god damn movement have fallen down the memory hole....

Blackout... what blackout? :confused:

:rolleyes:

Mandrik
08-26-2009, 04:05 PM
I saw that the premier has been confirmed on the C4L site as taking place during the Northeast Regional Conference. Yet another reason I'm happy to be going! I hope you guys plan to have DVDs on sale after the premier. :)

AdamT
08-27-2009, 12:04 AM
I saw that the premier has been confirmed on the C4L site as taking place during the Northeast Regional Conference. Yet another reason I'm happy to be going! I hope you guys plan to have DVDs on sale after the premier. :)

We'll have the first DVDs at the event.

Mandrik
08-27-2009, 01:58 PM
We'll have the first DVDs at the event.

Ok, thanks for the heads up! The spending cash I'm going to need for this event just went up, but that's a good thing. ;)

satchelmcqueen
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
cant wait for this. looks awesome!

rajibo
08-27-2009, 05:09 PM

Are we going to have to buy tickets for the entire conference to get into the premiere or is it open to the general public?

Mandrik
08-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Here is the agenda on the C4L site:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/2009northeast.php?page=agenda

Then there are the "extra stuff" charges:

Ticket for conference (includes conference, training materials, and Lunch on Friday) ($76)
Thursday Evening Diamond Reception w/ Ron Paul ($176)
Friday Private Briefing with Ron Paul ($500)
Friday Breakfast with Ron Paul ($15)
Friday Evening Private Briefing w/ Judge Andrew Napolitano ($100)
Saturday Afternoon Private Briefing w/ Daniel Hannan ($100)
Saturday Evening Gold Reception w/ Peter Schiff, Thomas Woods, and Daniel Hannan ($100)

The only thing listed on the agenda as being "open to the public" is the Judge Napolitano book signing on Friday. So yeah, I'm guessing you have to pay the $76 to see the premier.

AdamT
08-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Are we going to have to buy tickets for the entire conference to get into the premiere or is it open to the general public?

Not sure yet, CFL's handling it. I would assume you can get in if you're not going to the conference. I heard at one point they may be selling tickets, but again I'm not sure.

CFL was supposed to send out an email this week about the premiere.

MRoCkEd
08-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Not sure yet, CFL's handling it. I would assume you can get in if you're not going to the conference. I heard at one point they may be selling tickets, but again I'm not sure.

CFL was supposed to send out an email this week about the premiere.
They mentioned it in a blog post (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=24142) and have added it to the conference agenda (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/2009northeast.php?page=agenda).

Friday, September 18
7:00 PM—9:30 PM The Premier of For Liberty: How the Ron Paul Revolution Watered the Withered Tree of Liberty - Waterford Room
9:30 PM—1:30 AM Premier After-party - Waterford Room

torchbearer
08-28-2009, 01:35 PM
They mentioned it in a blog post (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=24142) and have added it to the conference agenda (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/2009northeast.php?page=agenda).

Friday, September 18
7:00 PM—9:30 PM The Premier of For Liberty: How the Ron Paul Revolution Watered the Withered Tree of Liberty - Waterford Room
9:30 PM—1:30 AM Premier After-party - Waterford Room

that is going to be epic.

devil21
08-28-2009, 05:26 PM
I just saw the back cover on the Pre-Order website.

Who is the guy that's NOT Ron Paul and why is he in as many pictures as Ron Paul?

MRoCkEd
08-28-2009, 05:33 PM
I just saw the back cover on the Pre-Order website.

Who is the guy that's NOT Ron Paul and why is he in as many pictures as Ron Paul?
Not sure what you mean. Nobody appears twice.

By the way, the back cover looks great!
http://www.forlibertymovie.com/catalog/images/forliberty_mock2.jpg

devil21
08-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Not sure what you mean. Nobody appears twice.

By the way, the back cover looks great!

Looks like the same guy with the receding hairline in the two small pics to the right.

torchbearer
08-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Looks like the same guy with the receding hairline in the two small pics to the right.

Tom Woods.
Read his books.

MRoCkEd
08-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Try enlarging it.
One is Ernest Hancock, and the other is Tom Woods.

devil21
08-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Eh ok guess they are different people. I say more RP and supporter related pics, less talking heads pics. Maybe one talking head is ok but two? Seems a little much, especially since they look similar at a glance.

ronpaulhawaii
08-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Eh ok guess they are different people. I say more RP and supporter related pics, less talking heads pics. Maybe one talking head is ok but two? Seems a little much, especially since they look similar at a glance.

The first pic is the Walk for Freedom, RP is directly behind the flag bearers and we are about to launch the first "End The Fed"

The second pic is Ernie Hancock, the creator of the r3VOLution logo and prime instigator behind the first RP for President Meet-Up. I don't know that one can find more of a grassroot...

The third pic is Tom Woods, who, though known at times as a talking head, was also very active sign-bombing/etc. He is simply one of the smarter grassroots...

All grassroots...

Mandrik
08-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Tom Woods is a hero to the movement. Calling him a "talking head" is almost insulting, but you obviously don't know who the guy is. Go read Meltdown. It's Austrian economics for dummies.

dr. hfn
08-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Tom Woods is a hero to the movement. Calling him a "talking head" is almost insulting, but you obviously don't know who the guy is. Go read Meltdown. It's Austrian economics for dummies.

I'm pretty sure he knows who Tom Woods is...

AdamT
08-28-2009, 08:03 PM

If you happened to look at the bottom credits on the back, you can see a bunch of the main names listed, although there are more than that in the doc.

tonesforjonesbones
08-28-2009, 08:29 PM
The way I see it..the cover...it reminds me of Jefferson's quote about the tree watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants...it made sense to me..but somewhere on the cover perhaps the whole quote would be nice. I am so excited about this MOVIE! Will we ever be able to re create the excitement of the Ron Paul campaign? I keep hoping! Tones

devil21
08-28-2009, 08:45 PM

Im familiar with the writings, not so much his face. I doubt many other people are either. Same for Hancock. Again, Im thinking in the context of people that aren't very familiar with the movement, if the videos are to be spread around. Two guys in suits with receding hairlines taking up half of the small picture real estate just seems a bit much to me, when there's other things that could probably pique their curiousity a little more. The blimp for example.

Conza88
08-31-2009, 09:04 AM
DVD extras? :D

hopeforamerica
08-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Now I know what my entire family is getting for Christmas! This is beautiful!

MRoCkEd
08-31-2009, 01:28 PM
DVD extras? :D
Walk4Freedom extended director's cut, Restore the Republic, IVAW, Campaign finance with Bradley Smith. Thomas Woods' Lecture on Liberty, The Philosophy of Liberty, Blimp Flag, The High Tide, Trailer & Teaser

AdamT
08-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Walk4Freedom extended director's cut, Restore the Republic, IVAW, Campaign finance with Bradley Smith. Thomas Woods' Lecture on Liberty, The Philosophy of Liberty, Blimp Flag, The High Tide, Trailer & Teaser

Will be a few things added as well :) Working on all this now.

Master ships out Thursday!!!!

AdamT
08-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Angela's write up on the film :)
http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/2009/08/im-bursting.html

JamesButabi
08-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Wow im so excited. I will definetely be getting some copies.

dr. hfn
08-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Give one to every household in your family!!!

Conza88
08-31-2009, 06:39 PM
Wow im so excited. I will definetely be getting some copies.

YouTube - The Pointer Sisters - I'm So Excited (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-DcNPFWhbk)

Hahah

DirtMcGirt
08-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Angela's write up on the film :)
http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/2009/08/im-bursting.html

Nice review, just remember to keep your head high when the opposition begins bashing your film b/c by all signs it looks very good and they will have to try to knock it down by any means necessary...

dr. hfn
08-31-2009, 07:22 PM
We should release a CD titled "r3VOLution" next! Put all the ron paul and r3volution songs on it plus some other songs!

Natalie
08-31-2009, 07:23 PM
I teared up while watching it.

AdamT
08-31-2009, 07:27 PM
Nice review, just remember to keep your head high when the opposition begins bashing your film b/c by all signs it looks very good and they will have to try to knock it down by any means necessary...

Already prepared for this.

rajibo
08-31-2009, 08:30 PM
We should release a CD titled "r3VOLution" next! Put all the ron paul and r3volution songs on it plus some other songs!

One of the things that dissappointed me most about the Ron Paul campaign was the massive amount of awful music it inspired. Not all of it, just most of it.

torchbearer
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
One of the things that dissappointed me most about the Ron Paul campaign was the massive amount of awful music it inspired. Not all of it, just most of it.

How about a soundtrack from For Liberty.
The music on the documentary rocks, and its liberty artist.

dr. hfn
08-31-2009, 09:22 PM
on the CD: Aimee Allen, Marc Scibilia, Steve Dore,...

The "Songs for Liberty" http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=205664