PDA

View Full Version : Google tyranny, once again

rpfan2008
08-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Increasingly, Google and its properties — the vastly popular video site YouTube and equally popular Blogger — are tools for shutting down opposition to the government. On the weekend, Google removed an Alex Jones video critical of Obama’s policies. Google classified the video as “hate speech” because the corporation allegedly received complaints the content of the video was racist. In the video, Alex appears as “Obama the Joker,” as depicted in a now infamous street art poster.

Google also shut down the blog of Sibel Edmonds last week. Edmonds is a former FBI translator and founder of the National Security Whistleblowers Coalition. Edmonds is fighting efforts by the FBI and the Department of Justice to prevent her from testifying in a case of alleged election fraud. Edmonds is scheduled to testify before the Ohio Elections Commission and both the Department of Justice and the FBI are attempting to halt her from testifying.

On July 31, Edmonds told the Mike Malloy Show the U.S. government had “intimate relations” with Osama bin Laden right up to the day of the attacks in New York on September 11, 2001. “These ‘intimate relations’ included using Bin Laden for ‘operations’ in Central Asia, including Xinjiang, China

Google Tyranny (http://www.infowars.com/google-and-blogger-shut-down-sibel-edmonds-blog/)

I know this isn't outside Google's legal rights....but their intentions are clear isn't?

Reason
08-09-2009, 11:06 AM
links needed

rpfan2008
08-09-2009, 11:07 AM
added

reagle
08-09-2009, 11:11 AM
http://justacitizen.com/Press_Releases/URGENTGoogle%27s%20Blogger-Aug6.htm

rpfan2008
08-09-2009, 11:23 AM
This is the reason Why they like monopolies !!

Google is too big to be safe for the users.

BenIsForRon
08-09-2009, 01:53 PM
whoops, accidentally left out the Y, for the love of God, don't leave out the Y

Optatron
08-09-2009, 02:01 PM
its THE SHEEPLES FAULT for being dependent on them

nobody is stopping competitors from making clones of twitter, myspace, facebook, youtube (short of any copyright issues)

we're not helping either by embedding youtube videos and using google as our primary se, using gmail as our e-mail, using blogspot instead of wordpress or livejournal....

NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO DEPEND ON GOOGLE, YOU USE THEM, YOU DON'T GET TO COMPLAIN.

Optatron
08-09-2009, 02:03 PM
This is the reason Why they like monopolies !!

Google is too big to be safe for the users.

you're only against monopoly because you can't benefit from it

you don't like competition, only as a means to an end, if I gave you everything you wanted as a result from competition (low price, high quality) you'd not ask for it.

ever heard of anybody looking for competitors for water or air or planets? NO, because it's neither necessary nor plausible.

rpfan2008
08-09-2009, 02:09 PM
you're only against monopoly because you can't benefit from it

A: I love apples.
B: Look!! A hates oranges!

Putting that in my mouth?

Optatron
08-09-2009, 02:15 PM
A: I love apples.
B: Look!! A hates oranges!

Putting that in my mouth?

nope

are you against monopoly? if not , good.

if so, any reason other than you can't benefit from it?

rpfan2008
08-09-2009, 02:18 PM
nope

are you against monopoly? if not , good.

if so, any reason other than you can't benefit from it?

I am against monopoly.

When it can hurt someone, even if it benefits me. I am against misuse of power and position.

Optatron
08-09-2009, 03:05 PM
I am against monopoly.

When it can hurt someone, even if it benefits me. I am against misuse of power and position.

how do you define hurt?

what's an appropriate use of power?

jsu718
08-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I am against monopoly.

What if it doesn't hurt anyone and is simply a result of a better product?

rpfan2008
08-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I haven't wrote any essays in a long time, nor I'm in the mood to do it right now. So pls spare me.

rpfan2008
08-09-2009, 03:11 PM

That would be an ideal monopoly, something that hardly existed ever.

Optatron
08-09-2009, 03:30 PM

or, people THOUGHT it was a better product, do people have any right to know everything?

Optatron
08-09-2009, 03:32 PM
That would be an ideal monopoly, something that hardly existed ever.

in your ideal world, that'd be inevitable and the only acceptable form of "monopoly"

does anybody have a right or entitlement to see different options? Or only for things that they can afford to choose?

I don't hear people complaining that oxygen has a monopoly on our breathing fuels.

rpfan2008
08-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Where is my ideal world? How did you assessed how it would look like? Did I mention it to you?

Please don't dilute the thread with offtopic posts, unless of course that's what you are trying to do.

Optatron
08-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Where is my ideal world? How did you assessed how it would look like? Did I mention it to you?

Please don't dilute the thread with offtopic posts, unless of course that's what you are trying to do.

ok, so I'm not going to put words in your mouth.

You oppose monopoly if it does harm not if it doesnt?

What's your ideal world? Do you have one?

BlackTerrel
08-09-2009, 05:29 PM
The funny thing is ever since I moved out near Silicon Valley I've met more Ron Paul supporters than anywhere I lived before. RP is popular among the Google/Facebook/Youtube crowd - at least among the rank and file employees.

BenIsForRon
08-09-2009, 05:33 PM
The funny thing is ever since I moved out near Silicon Valley I've met more Ron Paul supporters than anywhere I lived before. RP is popular among the Google/Facebook/Youtube crowd - at least among the rank and file employees.

Yeah, the connection between technology and libertarianism is interesting. Just look at how popular the video game threads are here.

And in my meetup, I can't remember anybody that doesn't play often.

Optatron
08-09-2009, 05:57 PM

people worried about big brother the same people who provide the technology that gives them the ammo?

BlackTerrel
08-09-2009, 11:05 PM
people worried about big brother the same people who provide the technology that gives them the ammo?

I think most google employees would disagree that this is what they are doing.