PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Tattletail Program Put On Notice

catdd
08-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Law firm warns: White House raising 'significant First Amendment concerns'
http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/government/fraud/us_government/news.php?q=1249754661

moostraks
08-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Glad someone is taking him to task. It is so depressing what level we have sunk to here in the 'land of the free'.:(

There is NO excuse for this program. He has so many crazed followers they could easily report what could be misinterpreted in his program. This is merely to put fear in people that they will be singled out for their opposition. The government makes me physically ill.

Reason
08-09-2009, 11:09 AM
The NSA has already been exposed in a recent PBS documentary as having splitters installed in ALL ISP & telecommunications hubs. The govt. already receives a carbon copy of EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION.

Romulus
08-09-2009, 12:06 PM
The NSA has already been exposed in a recent PBS documentary as having splitters installed in ALL ISP & telecommunications hubs. The govt. already receives a carbon copy of EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION.

Have a source to back that up please?

Reason
08-09-2009, 12:13 PM

There were many threads talking about the documentary when it came out.

It's called "The Spy Factory"

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4711267/The_Spy_Factory-PBS_Nova_2-03-2009%5BHDTV%5D_Ekolb

One of the more powerful moments is when the FBI agent that was tasked out to the NSA admits that he had been following the 9/11 hijackers but he was specifically ordered NOT TO ALERT HIS SUPERIORS.

Anti Federalist
08-09-2009, 12:22 PM

You can't possibly be saying you've never heard of ECHELON?

pcosmar
08-09-2009, 12:26 PM

Damn, I am going to have to start selling clues.

Cheap

:confused:

Romulus
08-09-2009, 12:26 PM

I have. I'm not challenging that as a truth.. I just wanted a specific source for that PBS documentary for that claim. It seems odd tho, PBS being a gov funded device would allow that info about NSA to air.

Reason
08-09-2009, 12:32 PM
I have. I'm not challenging that as a truth.. I just wanted a specific source for that PBS documentary for that claim. It seems odd tho, PBS being a gov funded device would allow that info about NSA to air.

The majority of funding for PBS is from private memberships, yes there is some federal & state funding, however I believe it is only apx 20%ish

Anti Federalist
08-09-2009, 12:39 PM

Ohhh, OK.

Roger, received.

FSP-Rebel
08-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Funny you mention that program, cause I use it.

SimpleName
08-09-2009, 06:16 PM
The majority of funding for PBS is from private memberships, yes there is some federal & state funding, however I believe it is only apx 20%ish

I've read elsewhere that there is also major funding from the Rockefellers. I'm sure there are other "powerful" foundations in the mix. As for their say in anything PBS does, not so sure.

Anti Federalist
08-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Funny you mention that program, cause I use it.

Oh?

Do tell...

FSP-Rebel
08-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Oh?

Do tell...
Can't.

Deborah K
08-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Judge Nap was supposedly wandering the halls at FNC mumbling his outrage over this when it first came out. hehe. I bet he's behind this. ;)

CCTelander
08-10-2009, 08:12 PM

Not to mention CARNIVORE.

freedoms-light
08-10-2009, 08:23 PM
The only Echelon I ever used was a Linux build that had a suite of wireless apps on it.
Nice, cause it all ran from a bootable CD. There are a lot of other tools out now though.
The evil Echelon, that one goes back at least to the 1990's as far as I know. Was used by the gov. to monitor email, I think.

Anti Federalist
08-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Can't.

Damn spooks.

Will you be attending Obama's "Town Hall" in Portsmouth tomorrow afternoon?

FSP-Rebel
08-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Damn spooks.

Will you be attending Obama's "Town Hall" in Portsmouth tomorrow afternoon?
Doubt it, though I should. I can't chance an arrest in Obamaland. It would bar me from using the system. I'm like the only non-LE person here that can use it, so I have to protect my butter.

Anti Federalist
08-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Doubt it, though I should. I can't chance an arrest in Obamaland. It would bar me from using the system. I'm like the only non-LE person here that can use it, so I have to protect my butter.

Yeah a "resisting" conviction would put me out of work as well.

C'mon, though, that shouldn't be a reason to not attend.

Kylie
08-10-2009, 09:35 PM

Then am I to assume you are going 'covert' in your adventures to Liberty Forest land?

Kylie
08-10-2009, 09:40 PM
BTW, I am totally ignorant of any of this stuff, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Anti Federalist
08-10-2009, 10:01 PM
BTW, I am totally ignorant of any of this stuff, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Ever see the movie Enemy of the State?

Recall the speech that Hackman gave in the "jar" about government being in bed with every telecom company and monitors every electronic communication, and by saying any of hundreds of red flagged words, your conversation would be recored for later analysis?

He was talking about ECHELON.

Rumors have abounded for several years of a massive system designed to intercept virtually all email and fax traffic in the world and subject it to automated analysis, despite laws in many nations (including this one) barring such activity. The laws were circumvented by a mutual pact among five nations. It's illegal for the United States to spy on it's citizens. Likewise the same for Great Britain. But under the terms of the UKUSA agreement, Britain spies on Americans and America spies on British citizens and the two groups trade data. Technically, it may be legal, but the intent to evade the spirit of the laws protecting the citizens of those two nations is clear.

The system is called ECHELON, and had been rumored to be in development since 1947, the result of the UKUSA treaty signed by the governments of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

The purpose of the UKUSA agreement was to create a single vast global intelligence organization sharing common goals and a common agenda, spying on the world and sharing the data. The uniformity of operation is such that NSA operatives from Fort Meade could work from Menwith Hill to intercept local communications without either nation having to formally approve or disclose the interception.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/ECHELON/echelon.html

http://www.fas.org/irp/program/process/echelon.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_(signals_intelligence)