PDA

View Full Version : Big Pharma Spending Millions To Push Obamacare

angelatc
08-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Gee, I wonder why they would do that?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2009/08/08/drug-industry-helping-obama-overhaul-health-care/

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The nation's drugmakers stand ready to spend $150 million to help President Barack Obama overhaul health care this fall, according to numerous officials, a staggering sum that could dwarf attempts to derail Obama's top domestic priority.

The White House and allies in Congress are well aware of the effort by Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, a somewhat surprising political alliance, given the drug industry's recent history of siding with Republicans and the Democrats' disdain for special interests.

(The Democrats' disdain for special interests? LOL!)

Cowlesy
08-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Wait a damn minute, I thought we were the ones working with big pharma against healthcare?

what a dog and pony show

Ninja Homer
08-09-2009, 09:49 AM
lol... $150 million is NOT a "staggering sum", it's just a small drop in a big ocean of the multi trillion dollar a year pharmaceutical industry.

I just don't understand all these people in support of obamacare... how can they not get it? They seem to think that the government is going to make the pharmaceuticals lower all their prices, but if that's the case, then why in the hell would big pharma spend $150 million to help get it passed? It doesn't add up, and you'd have to be an absolute moron not to see that.