PDA

View Full Version : Why you shouldn't just post ANYTHING here...

steined
08-09-2009, 08:38 AM
http://www.cando.com/eric/uploads/trey story.png

Top Google results for headlines with positive opposition keywords. Now this can work in the opposite direction too, but we really need to be careful... That particular thread will do NOTHING to convert a potential voter to Rand.

Cowlesy
08-09-2009, 08:40 AM
before i even going to check who posted that thread, I have a good guess about who posted it.

steined
08-09-2009, 08:43 AM
before i even going to check who posted that thread, I have a good guess about who posted it.

It doesn't matter WHO posted it. Let's learn from this and use it to our advantage.

MRoCkEd
08-09-2009, 08:45 AM
A game of charades? Who am I?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Rand%20Paul%202010%20Logos/rand-300x250-2.gif http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Rand%20Paul%202010%20Logos/rand-300x250-1.gif

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Rand%20Paul%202010%20Logos/rand-468x60-3.gif

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Rand%20Paul%202010%20Logos/rand-468x60-2.gif

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Rand%20Paul%202010%20Logos/rand-468x60-1.gif

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Rand%20Paul%202010%20Logos/rand-160x600-2.gif http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Rand%20Paul%202010%20Logos/rand-160x600-1.gif

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Rand%20Paul%202010%20Logos/rand-160x200-4.gif http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Rand%20Paul%202010%20Logos/rand-160x200-3.gif http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Rand%20Paul%202010%20Logos/rand-160x200-2.gif

Cowlesy
08-09-2009, 08:48 AM
It doesn't matter WHO posted it. Let's learn from this and use it to our advantage.

I agree on the lesson aspect of it -- he just serially pisses me off :)

It's pretty nuts who top-of-the-list one single forum post can get -- amazing.

ctiger2
08-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Someone should weed through and remove all those threads. Ridiculous!

Sandra
08-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Good thing it captured the "my opinions are my own" part.

LittleLightShining
08-09-2009, 09:38 AM
before i even going to check who posted that thread, I have a good guess about who posted it.Me, too :(

Yes it does. Because he should know better.

brandon
08-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Delete that thread

pacelli
08-09-2009, 09:57 AM
People have gotten banned for making less of an impact around here.

TruthisTreason
08-09-2009, 11:39 AM

http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C3&Date=20070307&Category=ENT0101&ArtNo=703070329&Ref=H3

Matt Collins
08-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Ok, point taken. But how do we pass along these news stories without getting indexed?

TruthisTreason
08-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Ok, point taken. But how do we pass along these news stories without getting indexed?

Blogs are NOT news stories!

Romulus
08-09-2009, 11:55 AM
ban ban ban

Matt Collins
08-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Blogs are NOT news stories!Of course not, but opinions are still important to be aware of.

inibo
08-09-2009, 12:08 PM

Just be careful with the titles.

ctiger2
08-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Just be careful with the titles.

I agree. Title them all with "Rand Paul poised to defeat Trey Greyson" or something like that. Or, don't post them here at all.

Matt Collins
08-09-2009, 12:26 PM
ban ban banRiiiight... let's stifle the speech of people with whom we disagree :rolleyes: That's a great example of liberty...

ctiger2
08-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Riiiight... let's stifle the speech of people with whom we disagree :rolleyes: That's a great example of liberty...

You understand why people are mad about this right? What you're essentially doing is giving a no name blogger a 1000% increase in their G link rankings for their blog by posting their story on this forum which does have a high G link rating. If the story wasn't posted here it would probably show up on page 50+ of G search results and noone would ever see their non-story.

HarryBrowneLives
08-09-2009, 12:46 PM
If we wanna post bad news or blogs we should do so in a private forum that only allows access to known people on here that are trying to help the campaign instead of postings so that blogs run by trolls can pick them up. Limit the message board to people with a minimum number of postings on here or something so we know it's private.

Secondly, and more imporatantly, we've got other morons posting threads with workable ads, ideas, and things that can and may be use as part of the campaign (which the creativity is great), but should be done PRIVATELY as well. These Grayson folks who troll this site daily have no original ideas and we don't need to be helping them. Some of these people have apparently never read The Art of War.

Matt Collins
08-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Secondly, and more imporatantly, we've got other morons No need for name calling ;)

These Grayson folks who troll this site daily have no original ideas and we don't need to be helping them. Some of these people have apparently never read The Art of War.Yes Trey's people have already ripped off some ideas from Rand previously.

Sandra
08-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Hot Topics doesn't get indexed does it?

Romulus
08-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Riiiight... let's stifle the speech of people with whom we disagree :rolleyes: That's a great example of liberty...

Your actions are suspect.

Matt Collins
08-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Your actions are suspect.Only to those who lack critical thinking skills :rolleyes:

Romulus
08-09-2009, 01:06 PM
No need for name calling ;)

Only to those who lack critical thinking skills :rolleyes:

Heed your own advice.

You are alone in defending your questionable actions.

Sandra
08-09-2009, 01:10 PM
EndGame, apparently the moderators and admin had no problem with the thread. Note their comments on it. Your such a rare poster here I find it suspect that you suddenly try to be divisive by posting this from weeks ago. The thread by Matt was made to bring attention to the need for Rand's moneybomb.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=201816&highlight=Grayson+newspaper

HarryBrowneLives
08-09-2009, 01:13 PM
No need for name calling ;)

Yes Trey's people have already ripped off some ideas from Rand previously.

Sorry, shouldn't have said morons. Not nice. Should have said "less than cerebral fellows".

Romulus
08-09-2009, 01:14 PM
EndGame, apparently the moderators and admin had no problem with the thread. Note their comments on it. Your such a rare poster here I find it suspect that you suddenly try to be divisive by posting this from weeks ago. The thread by Matt was made to bring attention to the need for Rand's moneybomb.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=201816&highlight=Grayson+newspaper

Bad tactics IMO. Just sayin..

beazy
08-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Ok the pointless banter and arguing on here is begining to border on absurd and annoying. We need to be spending all our time , energy, and efforts on promoting the money bomb on august 20th. Everything else pales in importance at this point especially these trivial arguements. We should not censor on these boards but agree when posting negative blogs do not hotlink to them and do not make negative sounding thread titles, instead title it "confused blogger". Also I beleive the benefit gained on public brainstorming of ideas far outweighs the negative impacts or risks of being copied this early in the campaign. Besides isn't imatation the sincerest form of flattery. It just shows they are worried and desperate which gives us the edge. They don't have the enthusiam motivation and savvy our grassroots are capable of any way.

So let's put the bickering and posturing aside and all concentrate all our energy on blowing the establishments eyes wide open and delivering 1 million to Rand on August 20th

Jeremy
08-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I agree on the lesson aspect of it -- he just serially pisses me off :)

It's pretty nuts who top-of-the-list one single forum post can get -- amazing.

as a mod you can edit the title of the thread

HarryBrowneLives
08-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Ok the pointless banter and arguing on here is begining to border on absurd and annoying. We need to be spending all our time , energy, and efforts on promoting the money bomb on august 20th. Everything else pales in importance at this point especially these trivial arguements. We should not censor on these boards but agree when posting negative blogs do not hotlink to them and do not make negative sounding thread titles, instead title it "confused blogger". Also I beleive the benefit gained on public brainstorming of ideas far outweighs the negative impacts or risks of being copied this early in the campaign. Besides isn't imatation the sincerest form of flattery. It just shows they are worried and desperate which gives us the edge. They don't have the enthusiam motivation and savvy our grassroots are capable of any way.

So let's put the bickering and posturing aside and all concentrate all our energy on blowing the establishments eyes wide open and delivering 1 million to Rand on August 20th

Agreed! Let's get to work together shocking the world!!!

amy31416
08-09-2009, 10:17 PM

I'd be mortified if my actions had such a result and would take concrete steps to right things. You are blase about it and make no such efforts. I have more thoughts on this, but I'll keep them to myself since they aren't very civil.

Once again, I don't trust you. At all.

Matt Collins
08-09-2009, 10:52 PM
would take concrete steps to right things. You are blase about it and make no such efforts. Your ignorance is showing. I have actually contacted mods to request them to change the titles. To my knowledge as of this instant they have not. You might try knowing the facts before your type; It'll keep you from looking ignorant in the future.

Once again, I don't trust you. At all.So? Do you think I care? :rolleyes:

tangent4ronpaul
08-10-2009, 04:01 AM
Anyone posting similar GOOD STUFF on Daily KOS? (sp?)

-t

LibertyEagle
08-10-2009, 04:21 AM
Your ignorance is showing. I have actually contacted mods to request them to change the titles. To my knowledge as of this instant they have not. You might try knowing the facts before your type; It'll keep you from looking ignorant in the future.
Actually, you asked for ONE thread title to be changed and you asked that be done AFTER person after person argued with you about what you had done.

The thread in question was moved to Hot Topics instead, so it's out of the eye shot of Google.

So? Do you think I care? :rolleyes:
Perhaps you should.

LibertyEagle
08-10-2009, 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by Matt Collins
Matt, you've been told, over and over and over again, BREAK THE LINKS. That would be a good first step.

pacelli
08-10-2009, 05:34 AM
>not worth it anymore.

Sandra
08-10-2009, 06:00 AM
So... had anyone read the title of this thread? Shouldn't it go to Hot Topics? The thread referred to was a hell of a lot more tame than this one.

steined
08-10-2009, 06:26 AM
So... had anyone read the title of this thread? Shouldn't it go to Hot Topics? The thread referred to was a hell of a lot more tame than this one.

This thread being "TAME" or not has NOTHING to do with the point of my post. Please re-read the first post.

This thread has gotten out of hand.

I was pointing something out, why it turned personal between people, I couldn't care less. Why don't we just drop it?

We now know the consequences of posting things that have the opponents name in the title with negative news for our candidate. Some reasonably suspected this was a piss-poor idea earlier and now we have proof that it was. Let's learn from this and move on. Stop the bashing. Of course if it continues, perhaps then we should consider other measures. For now... let's drop it...

Can someone lock this thread and either delete it or move it? Why conversations devolve on discussion boards is beyond me. We have a goal here of electing a modern day Thomas Jefferson to the Senate. We should be focusing on this instead of having pissing contests about who did what and when. Let's grow up, move on, and learn from this.

Discussion Over in my book.

Thanks

Sandra
08-10-2009, 06:29 AM
This thread being "TAME" or not has NOTHING to do with the point of my post. Please re-read the first post.

This thread has gotten out of hand.

I was pointing something out, why it turned personal between people, I couldn't care less. Why don't we just drop it?

We now know the consequences of posting things that have the opponents name in the title with negative news for our candidate. Some reasonably suspected this was a piss-poor idea earlier and now we have proof that it was. Let's learn from this and move on. Stop the bashing. Of course if it continues, perhaps then we should consider other measures. For now... let's drop it...

Can someone lock this thread and either delete it or move it? Why conversations devolve on discussion boards is beyond me. We have a goal here of electing a modern day Thomas Jefferson to the Senate. We should be focusing on this instead of having pissing contests about who did what and when. Let's grow up, move on, and learn from this.

Discussion Over in my book.

Thanks

Then you did the same exact thing. This thread was created to be devisive. Go read the commentary by the admin on that other thread. What are your thoughts on the moneybomb?

Jeremy Tyler
08-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Yeah seriously...let it go. Point was made on the very first post of the thread.

amy31416
08-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Your ignorance is showing. I have actually contacted mods to request them to change the titles. To my knowledge as of this instant they have not. You might try knowing the facts before your type; It'll keep you from looking ignorant in the future.

I'm hardly worried about criticisms of you making me look ignorant. I've been pretty restrained, quite frankly. And for you to whine that the mods haven't changed your harmful titles rather than take some responsibility for what you sow and reap, only makes every arrow point toward you, son.

So? Do you think I care? :rolleyes:

Of course I don't think you care. I think you're a narcissistic sociopath. You aren't capable of caring. My posts actually aren't directed towards you, but considering how self-involved you are, you wouldn't be able to see that.

Matt Collins
08-10-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm hardly worried about criticisms of you making me look ignorant.That's apparent.

And for you to whine that the mods haven't changed your harmful titles rather than take some responsibility for what you sow and reap, Again, you are making ignorant statements. I am not whining, and I did mention that the title was a mistake on my part (which is why I am requesting it to be changed). Apparently the mods don't think it is as big of a deal as many others because they haven't changed the title.

I think you're a narcissistic sociopath. Why thank you :)

My posts actually aren't directed towards youReally? Then why do you keep quoting me and addressing me in your posts? :rolleyes:

amy31416
08-11-2009, 07:04 AM
That's apparent.

Again, you are making ignorant statements. I am not whining, and I did mention that the title was a mistake on my part (which is why I am requesting it to be changed). Apparently the mods don't think it is as big of a deal as many others because they haven't changed the title.

Why thank you :)

Really? Then why do you keep quoting me and addressing me in your posts? :rolleyes:

I knew you wouldn't be smart enough to "get it." I make these comments responding to you because I want to minimize your bad influence, not because I have any interest in you personally. Your ego won't allow you to believe that, I'm sure.

The fact that you can't take responsibility for your actions and have no sincere remorse for them when the outcome is bad is all I need to know. I think that you're a common sociopath who's latched on to this movement because you're an opportunist and want desperately to be the big fish in this little pond.

LibertyEagle
08-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Apparently the mods don't think it is as big of a deal as many others because they haven't changed the title.

No, Matt. The Mods moved the thread to Hot Topics. Threads are not visible to Google there.

I think Cowlesy and I have made quite clear what we thought of your thread titles and your posting of links to little no-name blogs who disparage Rand. Your actions have consequences, Matt.

acptulsa
08-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Well, at least neither of these thread titles directly associate Ron Paul with blow up sex dolls... :rolleyes:

pacelli
08-11-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm hardly worried about criticisms of you making me look ignorant. I've been pretty restrained, quite frankly. And for you to whine that the mods haven't changed your harmful titles rather than take some responsibility for what you sow and reap, only makes every arrow point toward you, son.

Of course I don't think you care. I think you're a narcissistic sociopath. You aren't capable of caring. My posts actually aren't directed towards you, but considering how self-involved you are, you wouldn't be able to see that.

Thread of the year award. Agree 100%.

acptulsa
08-11-2009, 07:48 AM
My posts actually aren't directed towards you, but considering how self-involved you are, you wouldn't be able to see that.

:D

YouTube - You're So Vain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B7bVD_DkM4)

Matt Collins
08-11-2009, 09:37 AM
I think Cowlesy and I have made quite clear what we thought of your thread titles But yet when asked to change them you didn't. Why is that?

The fact that you can't take responsibility for your actions and have no sincere remorse for them when the outcome is bad is all I need to know.Now you're just being intellectually dishonest in addition to launching a personal attack on me.

acptulsa
08-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Now you're just being intellectually dishonest in addition to launching a personal attack on me.

I believe you have just overused and overabused that phrase into complete meaninglessness.

I always thought it a strange phrase for someone who likes 'playing dumb' as a defense mechanism. But now it lies so thick on the ground it has no more meaning than autumn leaves do.

Matt Collins
08-11-2009, 10:04 AM
I believe you have just overused and overabused that phraseYeah because you keep doing it! :rolleyes:

CasualApathy
08-11-2009, 10:09 AM
I haven't read the entire thread but it seems to me that if someone is going to read a hit piece or an unflattering article about the movement, ron paul forums is the best place they could read it because we have a chance to counter it with our comments.

Matt Collins
08-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I haven't read the entire thread but it seems to me that if someone is going to read a hit piece or an unflattering article about the movement, ron paul forums is the best place they could read it because we have a chance to counter it with our comments.Thank you for making my point and bringing reason back into the discussion!

Aratus
08-11-2009, 10:27 AM
isn't there some way to have a thread devoted to hatchet jobbie slam pieces we can decry, for we do have
a QUOTE button as a posting option! ----if we keep the slam pieces in one tidy thread, and all positively aspected
stories and the like in another thread, we can have a volatile debate without cluttering up things for people
who like to organize things in terms of the campaign. as the senate seat race heats up in Kentucky, we can expect
the forum here to be as intense as Liberty Forest was prior to SuperTuesday. we also should be supportive of
the other Ron Raul and rEVOLUTIOn candidates. there should be a way to promote the moneybombs so all can run
to the best of their abilities. as it stands now, there is an intense interest and heat inside the senate race in
Kentucky, and this transends all known borders. up until this race, Senator Bunning was not often noticed by people...

RyanRSheets
08-11-2009, 11:09 AM
If we link to articles contrary to our cause we are causing hits on that article. That is the main thing these websites are concerned with. If we all read and comment on a negative article, that website is making good money. It doesn't matter to them if you like what they're saying, it matters if you're reading what they're saying. Why would they ever stop writing negative articles if we essentially keep paying them to do so? Don't fund the enemy!

Let's make this campaign about Rand, not the opposition. Let's focus on spreading positive, unbiased articles. Let's win this campaign without resorting to excessive mudslinging. The people want to know what we're all fired up about, and they're looking at us, so let's not be seen crying over some nonsense.

It's simple: if we can attract more hits to positive articles more of them will be written. If more positive articles are written, we have a better chance of winning. If it isn't a positive article, don't spread it! I hate how much that sounds like an attempt to silence opposition, but let's face it, this is a Senate campaign, and the media is going to come out against us in full force before 2010.

Can we please stop the infighting? There's a lot of work that needs to be done, and if I happened to stumble across this post not knowing much about the Rand Paul campaign I would feel just a little apprehensive about throwing money at it. Take it to private messages or something, because all you're doing by bickering on a public forum is making us look bad.