PDA

View Full Version : Tom Harkin Town Hall Today

specsaregood
08-08-2009, 09:18 PM
YouTube - HarkinForum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rx-1NqpR0c)

t0rnado
08-08-2009, 09:41 PM
They're all so old.

MsDoodahs
08-08-2009, 09:43 PM
lol @ that old guy "how about YOU go home?"

I'm surprised they have not trained their puppets...er.....people better than that.

"I don't agree with Obamacare"

"Oh yeah? Well then ... get out!"

tpreitzel
08-08-2009, 09:46 PM
how dare you! how dare you! how dare you!

This approach isn't exactly the right one to use, fella! Get a grip! HOW DARE YOU! ;)

MsDoodahs
08-08-2009, 09:50 PM
They're all so old.

And guess what?

THEY VOTE.

And guess what else?

In 2010, they will turn out IN DROVES to vote.

Count on it.

The old people are livid.

Standing Like A Rock
08-08-2009, 10:12 PM
The reason that car insurance for old people is so much less than it is for young people, even though old people are just as bad, if not worse drivers is that they all vote so the congresspeople make laws that make car insurance cheaper for them.

torchbearer
08-08-2009, 10:15 PM
i said, let this be settle civilly with shotguns.

xd9fan
08-08-2009, 10:46 PM
this will get worse.......because the children (us) are out of control........and Tommy is pissed.......

The only way to end this is to end them. Term limits for everyone, clean them out.

rp4prez
08-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I love seeing how pissed off everyone is about this. :)

I had a meeting with a doctor this last week and he said if obamacare is passed he's closing up shop so he won't have to deal with it. What's sad is he's a fantastic doctor! :(

It made me realize and think about just how many great doctors are we going to lose b/c of obamacare.

John of Des Moines
08-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Just so everybody knows .... That's me, part of the Hawaiian Shirt Conspiracy.

sratiug
08-08-2009, 11:14 PM

Good job!!!

John of Des Moines
08-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Here's the local ABC News top story: http://www.myabc5.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4027447&h1=Tempers%20Flare%20at%20Healthcare%20Forum&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=162734&LaunchPageAdTag=Search%20Results&activePane=info&rnd=21498873

devil21
08-09-2009, 01:46 AM
And guess what?

THEY VOTE.

And guess what else?

In 2010, they will turn out IN DROVES to vote.

Count on it.

The old people are livid.

They're learning about the gov't "death panels" (hate to use Palin's term but it's appropriate) that will determine their end of life care. Most paid into Medicare/Medicaid/SS will the assurance that they will have all the care and retirement money they need to live as long as possible. Now that promise is being renigged by this legislation.

Unfortunately, the bigger picture is that those same Medicare/Medicaid programs are unsustainable fiscally. The entire "Health Care Reform" movement is nothing but a method to remove all private health care options so EVERY dollar goes to the government so they can try to fund the promises they made 40 years ago.

Btw, Harkin is the definition of a career politician. I went to high school with his daughter in the early 90's (sat next to her in AP American History...how's that for irony?) and that guy was already a very senior member of Congress. Senatorial Term Limits anyone?

devil21
08-09-2009, 03:13 AM

I think the AP wrote a news item about you. Congrats! Keep it up man.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090809/ap_on_re_us/us_health_care_town_halls

At one point, a man from the audience yelled: "This is not health reform, this is control, control over our lives."

Harkin responded to one man shouting criticisms by saying, "As I said, there is a nationally coordinated effort to disrupt these meetings."

The man responded that no one had sent him to the meeting.

Cowlesy
08-09-2009, 04:19 AM

Hawaiian Shirt Conspiracy ---- hahahaha!

Next up, political establishment activist sight ronpaulforums.com directs membership to disrupt meetings --- story at 11.

John of Des Moines
08-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Hawaiian Shirt Conspiracy ---- hahahaha!

Next up, political establishment activist sight ronpaulforums.com directs membership to disrupt meetings --- story at 11.

Ran a search and I not believe there no threads or discussion of the Dishonorable Tyrant Harkin's Town Hall Meeting beforehand.