PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Saddam Hussien had offered to go into exile in exchange for $1 Billion

FrankRep
09-27-2007, 01:41 AM
http://www.digg.com/world_news/1bn_would_have_stopped_the_war_in_Iraq

Saddam asked Bush for $1bn to go into exile

Daily Mail UK

Leaked transcripts from a conversation with the then Prime minister of Spain and Bush have revealed that Saddam Hussein had offered to go into exile in exchange for $1bn two months before the invasion.

The White House refused to comment on the report last night.

But, if verified, it is certain to raise questions in Washington and London over whether the costly four-year war could have been averted.

Only yesterday, the Bush administration asked Congress for another 100billion to finance the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

OptionsTrader
09-27-2007, 01:46 AM
That 1B is only about 800 mil adjusted for inflation.

OptionsTrader
09-27-2007, 01:48 AM
Got to love this part:

"....But he added that whatever happened: "We'll be in Baghdad by the end of March."

Mr Bush went on to refer optimistically to the rebuilding of Iraq.
"

and

"The time has come to get rid of him. That's the way it is."

libertythor
09-27-2007, 01:49 AM
If this is true, Bush is twice the piece of s&$t that we originally though he was.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2007, 01:51 AM
let's spread this. this will be good for converting neo cons

Perry
09-27-2007, 01:57 AM
BOMBSHELL!!

OptionsTrader
09-27-2007, 02:04 AM
The neo con response will be that it doesn't matter, Saddam deserved to die and the war is a just war because we are building democracy in Iraq and protecting our vital strategic interests in the region. Blah blah blah. It doesn't matter what turds bubble to the surface.

Perry
09-27-2007, 02:06 AM
The neo con response will be that it doesn't matter, Saddam deserved to die and the war is a just war because we are building democracy in Iraq and protecting our vital strategic interests in the region. Blah blah blah. It doesn't matter what turds bubble to the surface.

Quite right. It's rather astonishing actually what people can justify under a good brainwashing.

OptionsTrader
09-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Sometimes I am so disturbed by it all that I think news could come out tomorrow that peace-loving aliens (of the space variety) have converted all oil to sand and all fisible material into chocolate, offfered us free energy and the hard core neo cons could manufacture some sort of rationale for prolonging the war in Iraq and getting another one going in Iran.

McDermit
09-27-2007, 02:14 AM
mmm, alien chocolate

OptionsTrader
09-27-2007, 02:17 AM
mmm, alien chocolate

I'm sure the aliens would be labeled extremists.

ctb619
09-27-2007, 02:18 AM
Sometimes I am so disturbed by it all that I think news could come out tomorrow that peace-loving aliens (of the space variety) have converted all oil to sand and all fisible material into chocolate, offfered us free energy and the hard core neo cons could manufacture some sort of rationale for prolonging the war in Iraq and getting another one going in Iran.

I was listening to a great interview on Scott Horton's show on antiwar radio, and the guest (I'm forgetting his name) was speculating that some of the entrenched Bush supporters would actually have to see their families personally murdered by the president to withdraw their support for the administration. Obviously tongue-in-cheek, but it bolsters your argument that some of these people are psychologically unable to deal with the cognitive dissonance that would result from them accepting reality.

OptionsTrader
09-27-2007, 02:23 AM
I think that a lot of the voters that still have loyalty to the neo cons of the world are good people that deep down subconsciously know we are doing the wrong things but they have been such vocal supporters over the years that to flip flop at this point is just not possible for them so they grasp for anything to find justification. You can see it in the ever changing goals in Iraq and the ever changing rationalizations for why why 100s of thousands of people have died or have been injured and it must not have been in vain and it must not have been for the wrong reasons because to face that reality is too difficult. It is ever psychologically easier to "stay the course" and keep up the charade.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-27-2007, 02:52 AM
http://bitterfact.tripod.com/iraq/saddam_fraud.html

Proemio
09-27-2007, 07:07 AM
let's spread this. this will be good for converting neo cons

How so? (unless your's is deadpan, in which case it works beautifully : )

CodeMonkey
09-27-2007, 08:26 AM
My first thought was that one of his sons would have just taken over and there'd be no change. Not that that justifies the war, but that's probably what most neo-cons with half a brain will say.

Syren123
09-27-2007, 08:30 AM
My first thought was that one of his sons would have just taken over and there'd be no change. Not that that justifies the war, but that's probably what most neo-cons with half a brain will say.

Oxymoron.

born2drv
09-27-2007, 08:42 AM
this war was all about oil, plain and simple..... we wanted to control who extracted the oil (no bid contracts awarded to US oil companies) and we wanted to control what currency the oil was traded in....

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2007, 08:46 AM
I wonder how US troops feel about fighting for "big oil"