PDA

View Full Version : WHAS (ABC): "If Money Bomb succeeds, Rand may have to be taken seriously"

Matt Collins
08-07-2009, 05:22 PM
http://www.beloblog.com/WHAS_Blogs/PoliticalBlogger/2009/08/kys-us-senate-race-a-national.html

The Republican establishment gives Paul no chance of defeating Trey Grayson. But, if Paul's "moneybomb" hopes for a $1 million take in one day comes true later this month, he may have to be taken seriously.As Rand has said, the moneybomb is everything.

JoshLowry
08-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Good thing the voters decide and not a monetary amount set by this guy.

Knocking on doors is just as effective as raising the dough.

TruthisTreason
08-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Good thing the voters decide and not a monetary amount set by this guy.

Knocking on doors is just as effective as raising the dough.

Problem is most voters are mindless and just follow the lead stories.. some just vote for the perceived leader, and the leader is decided by $ mostly.

Sad game, but it's the game....

I mean look at why Senator Bunning is out.... $$$

dannno
08-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Keyword "MAYBE"

Ron Paul out-raised his opponents and they still ignored him.

TruthisTreason
08-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Keyword "MAYBE"

That's not how I remember it.:p

RonPaulFanInGA
08-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Keyword "MAYBE"

In the fourth quarter of 2007. He was still vastly outspent by the others, especially Mitt Romney.

A big day on August 20th will make them take notice that Rand CAN defeat Trey Grayson. He is the only "non-Trey" candidate around right now....Bill Johnson is hopeless.

TruthisTreason
08-07-2009, 05:39 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_for_the_2008_United_States_presidentia l_election

dr. hfn
08-07-2009, 09:46 PM
lets use all of our experience to get Kokesh, Rand, and Schiff elected.

rich34
08-08-2009, 06:17 AM
We have to hit the gcn network, the alternative health crowd (Dr. Mercola, chiropractors, anti vaccine peeps) alternative news outlets, and everyone that claims to standby and support the constitution. The success of this moneybomb is paramount!

itshappening
08-08-2009, 09:59 AM
We have to hit the gcn network, the alternative health crowd (Dr. Mercola, chiropractors, anti vaccine peeps) alternative news outlets, and everyone that claims to standby and support the constitution. The success of this moneybomb is paramount!

yes get Rand on Alex Jones at least twice in the next 2 weeks and get him involved

TruthisTreason
08-08-2009, 10:22 AM
yes get Rand on Alex Jones at least twice in the next 2 weeks and get him involved

They wanted him on Thurs... just couldn't work it out..

dr. hfn
08-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Free talk live, GCN Network, Anti-war groups, C4L members, Dailypaul, Ronpaulforums, ronpaul.com, young americans for liberty, alex jones, infowars, glenn beck, 9.12 candidates, retake congress, libertarian party, constitution party, etc...

specsaregood
08-08-2009, 12:42 PM
They wanted him on Thurs... just couldn't work it out..

Anyword on a possible Coast2Coast AM interview?

koob
08-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Keyword "MAYBE"

Yeah but by then it was so close to the primaries it was pretty much over. If we could have raised that much money in the 3rd quarter I think things would have been different.

TruthisTreason
08-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Anyword on a possible Coast2Coast AM interview?

I don't have any contacts with Coast2Coast... I don't listen to AM radio...:o So, not on my radar.. sorry.

specsaregood
08-08-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't have any contacts with Coast2Coast... I don't listen to AM radio...:o So, not on my radar.. sorry.

So you are saying it wouldn't hurt if some of us contact him ourselves and request such an interview?

TruthisTreason
08-08-2009, 04:01 PM
So you are saying it wouldn't hurt if some of us contact him ourselves and request such an interview?

Or tell me who to contact....

specsaregood
08-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Or tell me who to contact....

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/contact

Be Our Guest
Have you ever wondered how to become a guest on Coast to Coast AM? It's easy. Just send an e-mail to the Producer stating your name, phone number, the area of your expertise or the nature of your experience. If it sounds like something worth talking about on Coast to Coast AM, the producer will call you. It's that easy. Write to: CoastProducer@aol.com.

But, those of us that are streamlink subscribers have a private email system to contact him and suggest guests. Feel free to give the above quoted system a try; but I'll go ahead and send one as well. PM me who I should tell them to contact.

TruthisTreason
08-08-2009, 04:15 PM

But, those of us that are streamlink subscribers have a private email system to contact him and suggest guests. Feel free to give the above quoted system a try; but I'll go ahead and send one as well. PM me who I should tell them to contact.

PM

Remember, remember August 20th...
YouTube - Rand Paul 1 Million Dollar Money Bomb Thurs Aug 20th (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMUPSPAhhiE)

anaconda
08-08-2009, 04:32 PM
That's not how I remember it.:p

Ron Paul raised more in quarter 4 of 2007 than any other Republican Candidate. Close to $19 million.

tpreitzel
08-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Rand will have to do spectacularly well to earn $1M during the money bomb. Personally, I don't foresee it happening, but I hope to be proven wrong... absolutely wrong. :) IMO, any figure over $500k for one day would be very impressive.

TruthisTreason
08-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Ron Paul raised more in quarter 4 of 2007 than any other Republican Candidate. Close to $19 million.

In many peoples' eyes, the race was over by then. You get the money too late -- you can't organize fast enough. You have to have your resources EARLY, in my eyes.

RyanRSheets
08-08-2009, 04:59 PM
At just under 2000 pledges we certainly have a lot of work to do before the 20th, but I think it is absolutely achievable to get a million in a day.

One thing I think we need to emphasize is how critical this campaign is. We're losing Bunning, who is, comparatively speaking, one of the best Senators we have, but who are we going to replace him with? We don't really know for sure what Trey Grayson stands for, but we know where he came from. Bill Johnson seems like a good guy, but he doesn't seem to have a real chance. We know exactly what Rand stands for and we know he has a chance. I see Rand's campaign as the single most important campaign we are working with. With Schiff's campaign, if we lose we just don't make any progress, but with Rand's campaign if we lose the hole gets quite a bit deeper.

That said, I think we need to understand that the 20th is only one day and while we need to push as hard as we can, we need to remain confident in our ability to win this regardless of the outcome of that day. We need to get 2 million before the primary and we need an army of supporters throughout the state contacting everyone with any chance of voting in the primary. The more now the better, but let's not make this out to be the only day that matters in Rand's campaign.

Matt Collins
08-08-2009, 05:22 PM
We don't really know for sure what Trey Grayson stands for, but we know where he came from. EXCELLENT POINT!!!

I think Rand might need to use that quote in the future!

I see Rand's campaign as the single most important campaign we are working with. With Schiff's campaign, if we lose we just don't make any progress, but with Rand's campaign if we lose the hole gets quite a bit deeper.Perfect analysis in my opinion.

The more now the better, but let's not make this out to be the only day that matters in Rand's campaign.I would say though is that if Rand's campaign doesn't get on the same level as Grayson on Aug 20th, he might not be able to break the stigma of being the secondary candidate until after the new year, if at all. That is NOT a label we can afford to have hanging around his neck, nor do we want Rand's opposition to be continually refered to as "the presumed nominee".

No1ButPaul08
08-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I see Rand's campaign as the single most important campaign we are working with. With Schiff's campaign, if we lose we just don't make any progress, but with Rand's campaign if we lose the hole gets quite a bit deeper.

Well that's the "if we lose" perspective. What about the more important, "if we win" perspective.

In KY, if Rand wins he will be replacing a conservative Republican. Hardly newsworthy outside of KY and online libertarian forums.

In CT, if Schiff wins he will have toppled a 30 year incumbent, one one of the faces of the Senate. If this happens it will arguably be the biggest story on election night 2010.

dr. hfn
08-08-2009, 05:57 PM
This Moneybomb has been so hyped that we now have to make it a complete success. We need to start working all day on this. seriously

HarryBrowneLives
08-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Peter Schiff money bomb folks did an outstanding job. They really started the day with only 700 or so pledges from what I can understand in all reality. 6,000 were transferred by the money bomb pledge site when it was started with email sign ups of support months ago for Peter but not actual pledges. They raised over
200K. Great job. Peter is an outstanding candidate and will make a great Senator. Hopefully, we can get these folks to help us get the message out as well.

The way it looks from the Lay-Z-Boy is that (with all trends) we should be between 2,500 -3,000 pledges before the 20th. By getting the message out until then I think $1M is still in the realm of possibility.

Mathmatically, between RP1's bombs and now Peter's, it appears as though 1 pledge really equals about $240.00. So, even if we don't make 1m I think we should do very well. I would really like to see an RP1 type thermometer though on Rand's site that updates $ amount in real time as opposed to hitting refresh (as it appears to be, dunno?) as well as some carbon copy widgets to go with it .

We somehow (way longshot) got on Coast2Coast before then all bets and predictions are off!

anaconda
08-09-2009, 01:12 AM
In many peoples' eyes, the race was over by then. You get the money too late -- you can't organize fast enough. You have to have your resources EARLY, in my eyes.

Timing was not bad. He had money for advertising blitzes right as many early primaries were about to occur.

TheTyke
08-09-2009, 02:04 AM
The $6M was raised December 16th. The early primaries started as early as January 5th, didn't they? And I remember reading a media breakdown before the primaries even began, with Obama, Clinton and McCain getting the most coverage, which of course is how the votes fell.

That's only 3 weeks before the primaries started. I would imagine (correct me if I'm wrong) you get discounts for reserving airtime ahead, and better spots as well.

Additionally, the media impact, NOW, of raising a bunch of money would be an absolutely amazing asset.

steined
08-09-2009, 07:58 AM
I would imagine (correct me if I'm wrong) you get discounts for reserving airtime ahead, and better spots as well.

I don't think you get discounts of ANY kind with political advertising. I was looking into billboards and when they found out it was for politics, the price went up to standard price. You might get better placement with earlier purchasing however.

Matt Collins
08-09-2009, 11:49 AM
HBL - you are awesome!

itshappening
08-09-2009, 08:58 PM
bump

dr. hfn
08-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Why are all bets off if we get on Coast 2 Coast?

itshappening
08-09-2009, 09:14 PM
can we get on C2C ? someone please try that. George is great and will let Rand promote RUNRANDRUN.COM

specsaregood
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Why are all bets off if we get on Coast 2 Coast?

Syndicated on over 500 radio stations, over 3 million listeners; very friendly format and host. They really like his father on that show. With that said, I put in the request to Mr. Noory. if there are any other streamlink subscribers, it wouldn't hurt for you to do so as well through the internal subscriber only mail system.

They had Ron on a couple weeks ago on the same episode the Webbot guys were on -- Ron was on at the beginning (prerecorded). About halfway through the webbots interview they all including Mr. noory had a little Ron Paul love fest with Noory proclaming, "Ron Paul, Great Guy!"

dr. hfn
08-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Doesn't Beck's radio show have like 5 million listeners. Beck said he wants to have him on again, Rand should go on and promote his moneybomb and runrandrun.com. Plus the Genesis Communications network is hosting the moneybomb, how many listeners with them? Rand should also go on Revolution Broadcasting and Free Talk Live.

What does it mean that GCN is hosting the moneybomb? What show will he be on? I don't really know what it means.

tangent4ronpaul
08-09-2009, 09:45 PM
The View has also been kind to Ron, so might we worth approaching. One of the late night TV shows would also be great!

Due to his strong second amendment stance, I suspect JPFO, GOA, SAS and NRA might promote him, ideally sending out a strong RKBO message. Due to non-profit status, they might not be able to promote the money bomb, but they could sure cover him as "news" and mention his web site...

From another angle, Downsize DC would probably be willing to support him and they regularly send out action alerts to contact congress critters. We could go a long way toward guaranteeing their embracing and promoting him if Rand made a campaign promise that if elected he would sponsor and introduce some of their legislation like the "Read the Bills Act" and the "Write the Bills Act". I think this one would be a shoe in, if Rand was willing to go along.

Along those same lines, he would make instant news in the RKBA community nationwide if he made a campaign promise to introduce legislation to roll back some gun control laws.

Also, the Food Safety Bill - an amendment to make that not apply to small farmers, etc. Basically the objectionable parts. That would make him news in the organic/whole foods communities and and might earn him a spot on that farmers news broadcast. Spacing on the name, but it's nationwide and tons of farmers listen to it. It broadcasts at an obscene time early in the morning before most ppe are up. US Farm Report? Yeah - that's it:
http://www.agweb.com/USFR/Default.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Farm_Report

There appears to be another one: This Week in Agribusiness (TWA), but I've never seen it. it's syndicated, just like USFR.

-t

Matt Collins
08-09-2009, 09:52 PM
can we get on C2C ? someone please try that. George is great and will let Rand promote RUNRANDRUN.COM
Try this:

tangent4ronpaul
08-09-2009, 11:21 PM
More - as a doctor, I'm sure Rand has his own ideas about what is needed to "fix" the health care system, add being Ron's son and add running for Senate - I think that would be a guarantee to get a Op-Ed piece published in a major newspaper or syndicated via AP. The latter being preferred.

Likewise, maybe he and Schiff could do a piece on the economy. By putting them together, both liberty candidates, both doing money bombs, both coming out of the RP movement and both haveing similar economic views - they really re-enforce each other. Getting them to write OP-ED pieces jointly and if possible be on the same show together would have an additive effect. GB has a following and that's steamrolled. So did a UK candidate, and his poll numbers were above average as a result. Rand could too - but it would probably have to be M-F for it to work. The UK guy did his talking about issues and life, while doing normal things - sometimes eating lunch, sometimes brushing his teeth in the morning. It identified him as "one of the people - one of us" and not an elite, in the minds of people. It worked!

YEAH! - he finally got a Wikipedia page!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_Paul

How about doing a regular web chat - like "Lunch with Rand" where he could just chew the fat and communicate with supporters on various issues and respond to e-mails. Stream um out over JustinTV, and archive them on YouTube. Helps keep people interested and says he's responsive and listening to people.

We aught to look at the current social networking sites again and explore how to get his name out there.

As to the next 10 days, if he could make an announcement - like campaign promises - big ones - every 2 days, between now and the money bomb, that would keep him in the public spotlight, and re-enforce peoples long term memory about him.

Much of this would work for Schiff on his own too.

-t

dr. hfn
08-09-2009, 11:44 PM
are people from the campaigns watching this forum and its ideas?

Matt Collins
08-10-2009, 12:03 AM
are people from the campaigns watching this forum and its ideas?Yes.... Rand's #1 guy lurks here ;)

And any especially good ideas that get posted here I also send to both Rand and his manager to ensure they get them.

specsaregood
08-11-2009, 11:50 AM
They had Ron on a couple weeks ago on the same episode the Webbot guys were on -- Ron was on at the beginning (prerecorded). About halfway through the webbots interview they all including Mr. noory had a little Ron Paul love fest with Noory proclaming, "Ron Paul, Great Guy!"

Hah, just last night again The host George Norry applauded Ron Paul.

The guest (Steve Quayle) said that the only solution to our problems was basically to immediatelly recall all congressman and senators, to which Mr. Norry replied, "Except Ron Paul", then they both agreed. Then went on some more about how "He just thinks like a human being...", etc...

It seems ronpaullovefests are becoming common occurrences on that show.

lx43
08-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Why hasn't Rand Paul raised as much as Peter Schiff? This concerns me.

TruthisTreason
08-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Why hasn't Rand Paul raised as much as Peter Schiff? This concerns me.

I'm just guessing here:

I assume Mr. Schiff has many clients with his Europac. In fact, all those people trust him with their money, so it's a safe bet to assume they would donate a decent amount. I'm assuming that's where a big chunk of the money came from.

Another possibility is: Has Mr. Schiff said if he was going to loan his campaign money or not? And did he?

Another think to note is: Mr. Schiff is a regular on national tv and a has a major internet following, more so than Rand.

And Peter Schiff just delivers the smack down!

He is also possibly facing DODD, that alone motivates me...:o

specsaregood
08-12-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm just guessing here:

Another possibility is: Has Mr. Schiff said if he was going to loan his campaign money or not? And did he?

I think he said in an interview that 50k came from him. But yeah, he has a fairly wealthy client base that probably was willing to donate to him.

Ian A.
08-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Yes.... Rand's #1 guy lurks here ;)

And any especially good ideas that get posted here I also send to both Rand and his manager to ensure they get them.

Maybe we could have a post or you tube from the horses mouth? Not Rand necessarily, but someone! I think many are lacking instruction or guidance. There is a disconnect between Rand's campaign and the grassroots. I don't get this impression from Schiff--who sends out a number of You Tubes discussing strategies and updates directly to supporters.

I'm not about to start a myspace or facebook account when I've never used those sites before, so I can email tens of thousands of strangers (who prolly got 4 emails already from some guys here) and tell them to donate on the 20th, when Ron Paul could do the SAME THING and achieve more success. Rand is going around saying the money bomb will be $1 million, yet doesn't promote it?

Have I missed something?

This feels like the Ron Paul 08 campaign all over again--we were picking up on the slack for what the official campaign wasn't doing. I sent out 50 hand-written letters to people in Florida to vote for Ron Paul, I knocked on doors and canvassed in ME and NH, and I bought lots of signs...yet it seemed like the HQ leaders were so inept that they wasted the resources they had.

It has been several days and the pledges haven't climbed much. Even if what they say about the donors (that, on average, each donor is worth $240) that still doesn't reach even half of what is needed. I bring this up because I think Rand has a good chance, and Kentucky is thirsty for something new. But if we blow it now, we not only blow it for Rand, but we could blow it for future bombs and future liberty candidates.

TruthisTreason
08-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Have I missed something?

Yes, I have a sore hand from all the emails and posts I've made in the last week promoting the money bomb. The money bomb has been mentioned in ever email from the campaign for over a month. Rand has plugged it numerous times, so much in fact it has been reported in the media. ;)

Ron has emailed his supporters more than once about Rand.

There is no magical secret. I'll tell my friends, you tell yours.

Michigan11
08-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Maybe we could have a post or you tube from the horses mouth? Not Rand necessarily, but someone! I think many are lacking instruction or guidance. There is a disconnect between Rand's campaign and the grassroots. I don't get this impression from Schiff--who sends out a number of You Tubes discussing strategies and updates directly to supporters.

I'm not about to start a myspace or facebook account when I've never used those sites before, so I can email tens of thousands of strangers (who prolly got 4 emails already from some guys here) and tell them to donate on the 20th, when Ron Paul could do the SAME THING and achieve more success. Rand is going around saying the money bomb will be $1 million, yet doesn't promote it?

Have I missed something?

This feels like the Ron Paul 08 campaign all over again--we were picking up on the slack for what the official campaign wasn't doing. I sent out 50 hand-written letters to people in Florida to vote for Ron Paul, I knocked on doors and canvassed in ME and NH, and I bought lots of signs...yet it seemed like the HQ leaders were so inept that they wasted the resources they had.

It has been several days and the pledges haven't climbed much. Even if what they say about the donors (that, on average, each donor is worth $240) that still doesn't reach even half of what is needed. I bring this up because I think Rand has a good chance, and Kentucky is thirsty for something new. But if we blow it now, we not only blow it for Rand, but we could blow it for future bombs and future liberty candidates.

+1

I canvassed and came close to maxing out, including my own personal money spent, I spent well over $3000 if not more for RP's campaign in 07-08'.

This forum as a whole looks like one gigantic news blog now...
We need the people here to realize....what is at stake, and that this movement depends upon the 20th of this month...only 7 days away now.

Forget the news for a week, spend time promoting this money bomb!

As a movement we need to focus RIGHT NOW. We have the power to unite and make this a day to remember.

Promote the 20th.

dr. hfn
08-13-2009, 12:20 AM
+1

i canvassed and came close to maxing out, including my own personal money spent, i spent well over $3000 if not more for rp's campaign in 07-08'.

this forum as a whole looks like one gigantic news blog now...
we need the people here to realize....what is at stake, and that this movement depends upon the 20th of this month...only 7 days away now.

forget the news for a week, spend time promoting this money bomb!

As a movement we need to focus right now. We have the power to unite and make this a day to remember.

promote the 20th.

+1776

Matt Collins
08-19-2009, 09:36 PM
http://www.isupportrandpaul.com/img2009/rp-cake3.jpg (http://runrandrun.com/)