PDA

View Full Version : Republican Senator Mel Martinez Stepping Down.

Objectivist
08-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I guess we burdened him with that vote for Sotomayor, he could have taken a longer vacation before returning to the private sector.
I wonder what board of directors he'll get tapped to sit on?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090807/ap_on_go_co/us_senate_martinez_resigns_27

Those that voted for Sotomayor that call themselves Republicans...
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.)*
• Sen. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
• Sen. Christopher Bond (Mo.)
• Sen. Susan Collins (Maine)
• Sen. Olympia Snowe (Maine)
• Sen. Richard Lugar (Ind.)
• Sen. Mel Martinez (Fla.)
• Sen. Judd Gregg (N.H.)
• Sen. George V. Voinovich (Ohio)

Matt Collins
08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I am willing to bet that Jim Greer and Charlie Crist have their hands all over this one way or another.

Objectivist
08-07-2009, 03:46 PM
I am willing to bet that Jim Greer and Charlie Crist have their hands all over this one way or another.

Don't know Greer but I can't stand Crist.

Objectivist
08-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Looked Greer up so I have an idea of what is going on. Martinez threw is supposed principals out the window to vote for his race. At least that's what I see from my vantage point.

Like J.C. Watts voting for Obama after spouting off conservative ideals for years.

Matt Collins
08-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Looked Greer up so I have an idea of what is going on. Martinez threw is supposed principals out the window to vote for his race. At least that's what I see from my vantage point.

Like J.C. Watts voting for Obama after spouting off conservative ideals for years.
Search THIS forum for threads about Greer and you'll see a lot of very telling things... including his witchhunt/purge of Ron Paul Republicans in Florida.