PDA

View Full Version : NY state:Forces all vehicle owners to buy new plates to increase "revenue".

Anti Federalist
08-07-2009, 02:17 PM
State forces drivers to buy new plates (http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/new_york/state_forces_drivers_to_buy_new_plates_090804)

NY State wants to put another dent in your wallet

Updated: Thursday, 06 Aug 2009, 12:44 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 04 Aug 2009, 4:53 PM EDT

Melissa Holmes

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - New York State wants to put another dent in your wallet by forcing everyone to get new license plates. The mandatory change means the state will be getting more of your money.

Whether you're getting a new car or not, come April you'll be forced to buy new license plates at $25 a set. It's $20 more to keep your same plate numbers. New York State's budget crisis is to blame, and it will put $126 million dollars in the state's coffers.

Erie County Clerk Kathy Hochul said, "I have a real problem with that. It's a lot of money for the state that they're collecting, but they're taking it right out of our pockets."

kahless
08-07-2009, 03:38 PM
No matter how bad the economy gets, the New York state government will guarantee you will pay more some way or another.

It just never ends here in NY. I have lived here all my life and are unfortunately being forced out due to high cost of living combined with outrageous taxes. My research in new areas focuses on whether the population is moving more Democrat-liberal for fear of settling in only to find long term having to leave again because of money grubbing blood sucking Democrats voting for more services and higher taxes.

NYgs23
08-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I live in the Hudson Valley, a gorgeous area and just stone's throw away from New York City. I've seen many friends and relatives of all political stripes head for the South. It's just too expensive.

kahless
08-07-2009, 05:39 PM
I live in the Hudson Valley, a gorgeous area and just stone's throw away from New York City. I've seen many friends and relatives of all political stripes head for the South. It's just too expensive.

I will say high to them for you when I get there, neighbor. :)

Working Poor
08-07-2009, 05:43 PM
SC has some of the lowest taxes in the country.