PDA

View Full Version : Dems Can't Make Guarantee on Iraq Troops

FrankRep
09-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Dems Can't Make Guarantee on Iraq Troops

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070927/D8RTI22O0.html

HANOVER, N.H. (AP) - The leading Democratic White House hopefuls conceded Wednesday night they cannot guarantee to pull all U.S. combat troops from Iraq by the end of the next presidential term in 2013.

"I think it's hard to project four years from now," said Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois in the opening moments of a campaign debate in the nation's first primary state.

"It is very difficult to know what we're going to be inheriting," added Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York.

"I cannot make that commitment," said former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina.

TheIndependent
09-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Reddit up: http://politics.reddit.com/info/2tylb/comments

Needs to make it to the front page, STAT. It's being downmodded currently!

kylejack
09-26-2007, 11:33 PM
This is why Ron Paul is the only candidate that can beat the Democrats. Just imagine Hillary's bewilderment at trying to beat Paul in the debates. Her whole campaign has been, "These Republicans are crazy war-mongers!" Her weapons would be totally useless on Paul. She'd have to resort to "Hurrrr gold standard".

noxagol
09-26-2007, 11:34 PM
There goes the anti-war vote. That leaves just one man to collect 70% of the country.

aravoth
09-26-2007, 11:34 PM
This is why Ron Paul is the only candidate that can beat the Democrats. Just imagine Hillary's bewilderment at trying to beat Paul in the debates. Her whole campaign has been, "These Republicans are crazy war-mongers!" Her weapons would be totally useless on Paul. She'd have to resort to "Hurrrr gold standard".

bwahahahahahhaa

TheIndependent
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
There goes the anti-war vote. That leaves just one man to collect 70% of the country.

The word needs to get out that the Dems (well, most--I have to give a couple of them credit) have betrayed their word in order to move the tide.

kylejack
09-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Ron Paul debate gold (cha-ching):

"I think the American people would like to know why you voted for the war, Ms. Clinton. Oh they lied about the intelligence? Are you fooled that easily? I wasn't."
"Did I hear that right? After 4 years in office you still won't have the troops home?"
"Mrs. Clinton, I voted against the PATRIOT Act. Why did you vote for it?"

Grandson of Liberty
09-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Ron Paul debate gold (cha-ching):

"I think the American people would like to know why you voted for the war, Ms. Clinton. Oh they lied about the intelligence? Are you fooled that easily? I wasn't."
"Did I hear that right? After 4 years in office you still won't have the troops home?"
"Mrs. Clinton, I voted against the PATRIOT Act. Why did you vote for it?"

love it! :D

Dr. Paul would drop so many "you're no jack kennedy"-like moments on her it would make her head spin.

OptionsTrader
09-26-2007, 11:50 PM
New York Times:

Candidates Hedge Bets on Iraq Withdrawal

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/us/politics/27web-dems.html?hp

itsnobody
09-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Ron Paul is the ONLY ONE for the job...

kylejack
09-26-2007, 11:51 PM
I wonder, are there any candidates that want to Just Come Home? Surely we can think of one...

FrankRep
09-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Democrats may lose the Anti-War Vote

Digg this
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Democrats_may_lose_the_Anti_War_Vote

Thunderbolt
09-27-2007, 12:00 AM

Ron Paul Fan
09-27-2007, 12:06 AM
This almost sucks. It means that another republican could win because the dems just shot themselves in the foot.

So, we need to push Ron Paul as the ONLY anti-war candidate. Period. If you want to end the war, the reps have promised they won't, the dems broke their promise that they will,and only Ron Paul has actually voted against it all along.

NO! The people who are currently leaning Democrat will realize that these people aren't serious about ending the Iraq war so this is good for us. Their only options are then Richardson, Dodd, Kucinich, Gravel, and Ron Paul. Once we get them out of the race, they may come and join us because Dr. Paul is very serious about getting out of Iraq ASAP. Them shooting ourselves in the foot can only benefit us. We just have to keep spreading the word. Unfortuantely, we had a thread on this forum earlier today and some people actually wanted him to stop talking about his anti-war message! Can you believe that? Well I agree with you now that we should step it up a notch! Stop the war!

FrankRep
09-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Iraq vet plans to return his medals in protest of Iraq War

Digg
http://www.digg.com/politics/Iraq_Vet_Plans_to_Return_His_Medals_in_Protest_2

FTA: “I’m going to give those back because I truly feel that I did not defend my nation and I did not help with the Global War on Terrorism,” said Gaines, who lives in Madison. “If anything, this conflict has bred more terrorism in the Middle East.”

He sounds like a Ron Paul supporter!

AlexAmore
09-27-2007, 01:36 AM
We need to get those quotes from the Dems and put em on a Ron Paul card (with his quotes about truely getting out of war) to show Ron Paul is the only true anti-war candidate. Then give them out to the people holding Obama/Hillary/Edwards signs or merely the supporters...or whatever.

Liberty
09-27-2007, 08:17 AM

I agree. My ears couldn't believe what Edwards, Obama, and Clinton were saying. They are pro-occupation, which is the major contributor to the continued violence. Thus, they are pro-war and should lose many of their supporters to Ron Paul. This is a great opportunity for us. What was the motivating force for them to take this position? Israeli lobby? Kudos to Tim Russert for pinning them down.

EvilTwinkie
09-27-2007, 09:30 AM
bwahahahahahhaa

Man aravoth dont you have enough footage now for a new video? :)

I mean theres more debates, you can make this point, you can include the boston newspaper, you can shred the dems. etc etc...

klamath
09-27-2007, 10:02 AM
We need to get those quotes from the Dems and put em on a Ron Paul card (with his quotes about truely getting out of war) to show Ron Paul is the only true anti-war candidate. Then give them out to the people holding Obama/Hillary/Edwards signs or merely the supporters...or whatever.

It would make a great video......AVAROTH!:D

jj111
09-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Avaroth!!!! New video please!!!