PDA

View Full Version : Old man tazed at baseball game for not moving from his seat.

Anti Federalist
08-06-2009, 07:17 PM
YouTube - Oakland A's Fan Being Tazed by Police - 8/4/2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcklIVkphxA)

literatim
08-06-2009, 07:26 PM
This makes me extremely angry.

youngbuck
08-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Stupid pigs

Pain compliance is a threat to life IMO.

Goes back to this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=203994

Cowlesy
08-06-2009, 07:42 PM
This makes me extremely angry.

Ditto.

What the fuck. So the guy is probably being a drunk asshole jerk or something. You don't f'ing tase the guy MULTIPLE TIMES.

Glad someone got it on camera. This may push me to go get an iPhone. It is getting out of hand.

Time for Change
08-06-2009, 07:49 PM
I wonder what the guy was doing to warrant such punishment.

Judge, Jury and ...

Totally unacceptable.

Kludge
08-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Four idiots pissing each other off, three in uniform, one drunk. What's that, a code 302?

Wise
08-06-2009, 08:08 PM
It took them less than a minute to go from hello to tasing. They do it because they can get away with it.

kahless
08-06-2009, 08:13 PM
It took them less than a minute to go from hello to tasing. They do it because they can get away with it.

I do not know who I am most pissed off at. The cops or these sheeple that defend cops regardless of the circumstance which allows them to get away with unnecessary excessive force.

Anti Federalist
08-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Depressing to watch everybody just clear out.

There's going to come a time though, when that isn't going to happen.

Some stupid cop pushing a situation too far and there is going to be an explosive "blowback".

RideTheDirt
08-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Depressing to watch everybody just clear out.

There's going to come a time though, when that isn't going to happen.

Some stupid cop pushing a situation too far and there is going to be an explosive "blowback".
YouTube - Soccer Match Fight - Switzerland vs. Portugal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_dB51OS96k&feature=related)

Reason
08-06-2009, 08:42 PM
do we have any links to what the story was behind this?

Kludge
08-06-2009, 08:47 PM

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/matierandross/detail?entry_id=45016

"According to Oakland Police spokesman Jeff Thomason, the unidentified man was allegedly drunk and yelling profanities, prompting A's security to ask the cops to have him removed. Police say he appeared to be intoxicated, refused to leave and took a swipe at one of the cops. "Given his size and his condition the officer thought it appropriate to taser him," Thomason said. The tased fan was hospitalized and held on a "5150" crazy hold (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5150_%28Involuntary_psychiatric_hold%29).

Oakland Police say that they are being inundated with calls from cable news for comment on this incident. Oakland Police have yet to identify the fan."

bkreigh
08-06-2009, 08:57 PM

Just read the information to the right of the video on youtube. That is probably the best info you will get. Its for somebody at the scene and not a 3rd, 4th, or 5th hand encounter.

According to the info provide i think the guy had grounds for removal. This was a no win situation for the cops. No matter what happened the cops would not get a fair shake on here. If the guy would have stood up and the cops walked him out peacefully people on here would still be crying foul (no pun intended). Obviously he wasnt going to go. The next option would be a take down by the cops and once again they would have been called out for that as well. I dont agree with them using the tazer one bit but either way most everybody on here would be crying bloody murder no matter what happened.

Kludge
08-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Just read the information to the right of the video on youtube.

Oh, I didn't even see it since the Youtube was embedded.

(Info to the side of the video --

Here's the rundown of the video:
1:05 - a belligerent fan gets tazed by Oakland Police.
1:25 - another fan accidentally gets pushed down the stairs in the background.
1:42 - a foul ball lands in the vicinity.

In all fairness to the OPD: there's a ramp-up that you don't see on the tape. Even though the guy shows his ticket, I don't think that's his seat. He came over a little earlier, super drunk. He wasn't angry really, just obnoxious - hollering and making a scene. He was downing all these little bottles of vodka, and started harassing the kids behind him. A's security came to check him out when he started yelling profanities.

When security told him to cool it, he got really belligerent. Started using racial epithets at the guards, etc. They told him to leave. He refused. They called in the cops. You see the rest of it.

Whether or not the tazing was necessary/appropriate, people will certainly disagree. The one thing I can tell you for sure is that this guy had no intention of leaving calmly on his own.)

Cowlesy
08-06-2009, 09:06 PM
There was no need to use a taser on him. He was a big guy, but not that big. They could have dragged him out of there without jolting him multiple times with a taser.

Lafayette
08-06-2009, 09:08 PM
YouTube - Soccer Match Fight - Switzerland vs. Portugal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_dB51OS96k&feature=related)

That put a smile on my face :D

devil21
08-06-2009, 10:56 PM
And then cops have the nerve to wonder why they get shot in the head when they come up to the wrong door. Not everyone wants to be a victim of this kind of JBT shit.

I'd love to know the backstory of this incident. He didn't appear to be bothering anyone and obviously paid to get into the game. But you can tell the thin-skinned cowardly police got PISSED when he wagged his fingers in front of his nose at them. We'll show you who's boss you debt slave commoner! ZAP! Good god, when will people stop letting this shit happen right in front of them and stand up for their fellow man? Probably never, considering I heard police apologists in the video itself ("He was being belligerent", as if that's an acceptable reason to risk someone's life). Disgusting display all the way around.

And to the people sticking up for the cops: You better wake up before YOU are next!

EDIT: Just read Kludge's description. Wait, so you mean someone got drunk and loud at a baseball game and decided to sit in whatever seat he wanted in a half empty stadium? OHH NOES! How can we possibly EVER let that happen in America? If that's grounds for a tazing and arrest then I should have already been in jail a bunch of times. This is further exhibition of the ramping police state. There was a time where you were encouraged to get loud at a sporting event and your seat neighbors had to DEAL WITH IT because that's the principle of the Freedom of Speech. And sure, they'll serve you a ton of way overpriced alcohol but you better not get drunk! <wink wink>

DirtMcGirt
08-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I wonder what the guy was doing to warrant such punishment.

Judge, Jury and ...

Totally unacceptable.

my guess is he was pointing a laser on the players...

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Ok what the fuck is with this, seriously? Sorry about the profanity. A cop wouldn't shoot someone, so what makes them think tasing them isn't dangerous?

This would make me especially angry if I was a productive citizen for many years and in my senior years some young punk officers attacked me, what BETRAYAL!

Also there's a misconception that all cops are bad cause of incidents like this, if you show everyone just bad cops everyone will think every cop is bad. I know lots of good cops, but the bad ones need to go down, seriously.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-06-2009, 11:28 PM
what gets me is that a cop tazed the old guy in the back after he had already been tazed once and another officer had his hands restrained (and looked to be cuffed already).

Kludge
08-06-2009, 11:34 PM
EDIT: Just read Kludge's description. Wait, so you mean someone got drunk and loud at a baseball game and decided to sit in whatever seat he wanted in a half empty stadium? OHH NOES! How can we possibly EVER let that happen in America? If that's grounds for a tazing and arrest then I should have already been in jail a bunch of times. This is further exhibition of the ramping police state. There was a time where you were encouraged to get loud at a sporting event and your seat neighbors had to DEAL WITH IT because that's the principle of the Freedom of Speech. And sure, they'll serve you a ton of way overpriced alcohol but you better not get drunk! <wink wink>

There's no moral reason why private companies should have to put up with people on their property causing trouble. If you're harassing other people being served by the company (and especially if the company believes you're putting others in harm's way), I don't see why they should be restricted from kicking you out. If their security feels the need to call the cops to have you removed, they should not be restricted from doing so. The only problem I see comes from the actions of the police wherein they disrespected the disrespectful man more than I believe could be considered reasonable. I don't feel any sympathy for idiot who was tased, but the cops were out of line and should probably be punished.

__27__
08-06-2009, 11:38 PM
what gets me is that a cop tazed the old guy in the back after he had already been tazed once and another officer had his hands restrained (and looked to be cuffed already).

The first two were never felt by the guy, the barbs were not in contact with his skin, trust me you would have known. Since the pronged taze didn't work he pulled the cartridge and applied a stun drive.

Not justifying it, just clarifying. I am a former LEO who has been tazed and stun driven in training. Trust me, you would have known if the first two had actually worked.

Kregener
08-06-2009, 11:52 PM
The guy, actually a Texas Rangers fan at an Oakland A’s game is, as you can imagine, rooting for the away team. And he’s being a douche about it. An usher apparently comes by and gives him some crap, and the fan loses it and starts breaking out the epithet dictionary. The usher gets the cops. The cops lose their heads.

That which is not mandatory is VERBOTEN....

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-07-2009, 12:40 AM
I love Big Brother.

Kludge
08-07-2009, 12:47 AM
The fact the one has a fair chance to get killed from being tasered means this was very excessive force at that point in the confrontation.

??? What's the actual chance of dying from being tasered?

devil21
08-07-2009, 12:59 AM
There's no moral reason why private companies should have to put up with people on their property causing trouble. If you're harassing other people being served by the company (and especially if the company believes you're putting others in harm's way), I don't see why they should be restricted from kicking you out. If their security feels the need to call the cops to have you removed, they should not be restricted from doing so. The only problem I see comes from the actions of the police wherein they disrespected the disrespectful man more than I believe could be considered reasonable. I don't feel any sympathy for idiot who was tased, but the cops were out of line and should probably be punished.

You must be new to American sporting events. Your argument may be correct in technical terms, but suddenly penalizing actions that have been explicitly and implicitly encouraged by those same property owners isn't fair and certainly not grounds to turn the power of government loose on people such as this man. But hey, Im sure he won't be back and his wallet will speak louder than anything else.

It's no wonder the A's are terrible and can't fill a stadium for a game. Keep getting your customers tazed by thin skinned cowards in uniforms for harmless (annoying maybe, but harmless) actions. Im sure that'll help your bottom line.

EDIT: Btw, it's kinda funny at the same time because the cops really do show their cowardice. No cops would EVER do that during a NFL game. They save that sort of garbage for the docile baseball fans. In many NFL stadiums the cops would have been attacked for tazing a fan.

Arklatex
08-07-2009, 01:14 AM
What ever happened to handcuffs. C'mon! I'm so pissed after watching that. I'm never attending another A's game. They can keep their empty seats.

Arklatex
08-07-2009, 01:18 AM

Hah, you see that cop get taken down at the end while he was trying to run away! They were scared of their own medicine.

PaulaGem
08-07-2009, 04:13 AM
??? What's the actual chance of dying from being tasered?

I have a friend whose 22 year old son was tasered to death by cops in plain clothes who were chasing him in a field because they thought he was growing a few MJ plants there.

The dash cam "malfunctioned" during the incident and so did the taser recording device.

devil21
08-07-2009, 04:25 AM
I have a friend whose 22 year old son was tasered to death by cops in plain clothes who were chasing him in a field because they thought he was growing a few MJ plants there.

The dash cam "malfunctioned" during the incident and so did the taser recording device.

A 17 year old kid in my area died from a tazer shot in a grocery store he worked in maybe 6 months ago after he apparently got called out for stealing tv dinners from the store by his boss and got upset. A cop showed up and the kid ended up dead on the store floor.

acptulsa
08-07-2009, 06:18 AM
Four idiots pissing each other off, three in uniform, one drunk. What's that, a code 302?

A code three-on-one. Very gentlemanly, that. The Marquis de Queensbury would be so proud...

ramallamamama
08-12-2009, 01:08 AM
I went to many of 'Day On The The Green' shows there. I woulda liked to have see them do that during a Molly Hatchet or Outlaws show. During Pink Floyd 'Dogs of War' show those fuzz would have been sorry.

Sandman33
08-12-2009, 02:42 AM

Strange how phallic that mushroom stem looks...
YouTube - Zionist grasshoppers controlling ants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cACis8lUfo)