PDA

View Full Version : Yawn. 5 more die in Afghanistan. Why don't we GTFO?

Epic
08-06-2009, 04:41 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-afghan-violence7-2009aug07,0,6266361.story

The pace of American combat deaths in Afghanistan has quickened anew as roadside bombs killed five U.S. troops in 24 hours in the same western province, the American military said today.

The deaths bring to 11 the number of American soldiers killed in Afghanistan so far in August, on the heels of what was the worst month for Western and U.S. troop fatalities since the conflict began in 2001. Forty-three American servicemen died in July.

Violence has been surging in advance of Afghanistan's presidential and provincial assembly elections, which are two weeks away. In addition to the troop fatalities, a total of 26 Afghans, most of them members of a wedding party, were reported killed in roadside bombings today.

Cowlesy
08-06-2009, 04:43 PM
*closes office door and screams*

BRING. THEM. HOME.

malkusm
08-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Don't tell ME why this is necessary....explain it to their families.

jmdrake
08-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Don't tell ME why this is necessary....explain it to their families.

It's necessary because Obama needs to prove he's a "War and Peace" president. Or is that a "war and pieces" president? This thing is going to drag out indefinitely now. What happened to all of the peace protesters? :rolleyes:

Cowlesy
08-06-2009, 06:09 PM
It's necessary because Obama needs to prove he's a "War and Peace" president. Or is that a "war and pieces" president? This thing is going to drag out indefinitely now. What happened to all of the peace protesters? :rolleyes:

YEAH. Where the fuck is Cindy Sheehan and the Cody Pink ladies up in arms with Obama-nazi signs now?????

F'ing typical.

Young Paleocon
08-06-2009, 06:12 PM
At this pace coalition forces will probably suffer a total of 350 fatalities and 3-4000 wounded this year in Afghanistan. Afghan police and soldiers will be much higher.

jmdrake
08-06-2009, 06:17 PM
YEAH. Where the fuck is Cindy Sheehan and the Cody Pink ladies up in arms with Obama-nazi signs now?????

F'ing typical.

Maybe we should show up at tea parties with signs that say "End the war - End the fed"? Or perhaps an Afghanistan casulty count and a sign that says "Peace Protestors - Missing in Action Under Obama". Shame them into doing something. That would also throw the media for a loop since they're trying to paint us all as "GOP operatives".

torchbearer
08-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Maybe we should show up at tea parties with signs that say "End the war - End the fed"? Or perhaps an Afghanistan casulty count and a sign that says "Peace Protestors - Missing in Action Under Obama". Shame them into doing something. That would also throw the media for a loop since they're trying to paint us all as "GOP operatives".

End the Fed to End the War.
Save the cheerleader, save the world.

Wise
08-06-2009, 06:24 PM
I don't think they have any conscience. They can't be shamed.

Epic
08-06-2009, 06:32 PM

F'ing typical.

Cindy Sheehan is still anti-war. She has been on Alex Jones' programs and is scheduled to talk at the Midwest Liberty Festival thing.

On the other hand, Code Pink's #1 campaign now is "Boycott Ahava Products", an Israeli cosmetics company. Typical.

youngbuck
08-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't expect much of anything positive from a group named "Code Pink." It's just my gut instinct.