PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul group in Second Life

jgmaynard
09-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi folks:

I'm wondering who else out there uses Second Life.

Ron has a pretty nice HQ in there, decent sized group, but not very active.

I've just been named an officer of the group and I would like to make it more active and use it to help RP in the real world.

Anyone else out there a SL'er? Contact me - Sciartmedia Sands.

Take care!

JM

Corydoras
09-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Get them all to donate by Sunday. Please.
:)

jgmaynard
09-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Of course! :O)

JM

hard@work
09-27-2007, 12:35 AM
I never could get into SL. Seems clunky with bad graphics. If they upgraded it to a real solid engine I think I might enjoy it more.

jgmaynard
09-27-2007, 08:19 AM
The controls are a bit strange at first, yes, but they make sense once you get them. And I realize now they are perfectly set up to allow you to build anything.

Now, for those who don't know about it, there are numerous RL companies and organizations open in there - IBM, Microsoft, Ben and Jerry's, etc., The Liverpool Philharmonic has opened a scale model replica of their theatre in there.

One of the things that is REALLY different about it is that you can convert game money to real money there - meaning we could raise game money in SL for Ron, sell it for real money and donate it to the campaign. It's also amazing for networking.

I'm bulding a SL office to help expand my RL business, and Ron has far and away the best HQ of all the candidates in SL.

If you'd like to see the HQ (one of my favorite places in SL), click here:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sorens/218/144/32 (if you dont have SL, you will be helped to start a basic character).

Enjoy!

JM

hard@work
09-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Yes but I can't pew pew pew anything!

:)

eloquensanity
10-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I have RP signs on my property at Active Worlds. This is outside the town hall. I am building a small town, so I can have signs on every building if I want to.

Have not been to SL in ages but will go check out the virtual headquarters

http://awfiles.homestead.com/ScreenHunter_4.jpg