PDA

View Full Version : Sotomayor is confirmed

LibertyEagle
08-06-2009, 01:07 PM
9 Republicans voted in favor.

Time for Change
08-06-2009, 02:03 PM
MORE proof that what the people want does not matter to those in DC.

LibertyEagle
08-06-2009, 02:06 PM

Yeah, we already knew that. That's why we need to get those people out of office and some of are own, in.

sedele
08-06-2009, 02:09 PM
But of course...

angelatc
08-06-2009, 02:10 PM
This is probably something I would have voted for. I believe the President has the right to apoint anybody he wants. The Democrats started this nonsensical attack strategy during the Reagan years, and it's done more harm than good.

pcosmar
08-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Had just run across that. Thanks. :(
Was just looking at an old SNL clip of Al Franken, That didn't cheer me up either.

The whole thing is a bad joke.

Elwar
08-06-2009, 02:15 PM
The 9 Republicans that will probably vote against SB 604 as well.

Brian4Liberty
08-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Chalk another up for the Oligarchy...

jmdrake
08-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Eh. Changes nothing. The balance of the court will be the same. This just gives us more ammo against the neocons who voted for her.

Optatron
08-06-2009, 02:34 PM

the alternative is mob rule, direct democracy, isn't it?

pahs1994
08-06-2009, 02:36 PM
if a white person said the stuff she did there is no way they would have been confirmed

Objectivist
08-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Oh goody the second hispanic Supreme Court Judge.
I bet Cinco De Mayo becomes a national holiday.... wait it's Augusto sixth.:confused:

hotbrownsauce
08-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Nothing surprising here.

tremendoustie
08-06-2009, 02:53 PM

I'm sad, but not the least bit suprised. We all knew this was going to happen.

Objectivist
08-06-2009, 03:08 PM

DO you have a list of the Republicans names that voted to confirm? I'd like to send it the the GOP when they solicit me for funds in the future, adding that I cannot support those that support them.

kahless
08-06-2009, 03:23 PM

names?

legion
08-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Nothing surprising here.

two characters

qh4dotcom
08-06-2009, 03:50 PM
If you guys cared about your 2nd amendment rights, then you would be open minded about the birth certificate issue...right now it's the only way to oust Sotomayor from the Supreme Court...an unconstitutional president can't appoint a Supreme Court justice...she would need to go when the truth comes out.

kahless
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
If you guys cared about your 2nd amendment rights, then you would be open minded about the birth certificate issue...right now it's the only way to oust Sotomayor from the Supreme Court...an unconstitutional president can't appoint a Supreme Court justice...she would need to go when the truth comes out.

The dems will pass a resolution to uphold anything Obama signed and will amend the constitution to remove the natural born citizen requirement so he can remain president. Anyone that disagrees with above policy will be labeled a racist by the MSM and Republicans will cower in fear thus will not fight it.

I am beginning to think it is over for this country. Too much damage has been done and will be done in the next few years to ever be rolled back through future legislation. Succession of states is likely the only hope for a future.

catdd
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm sorry to say there was a Tennessean in the group.

• Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.)*
• Sen. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
• Sen. Christopher Bond (Mo.)
• Sen. Susan Collins (Maine)
• Sen. Olympia Snowe (Maine)
• Sen. Richard Lugar (Ind.)
• Sen. Mel Martinez (Fla.)
• Sen. Judd Gregg (N.H.)
• Sen. George V. Voinovich (Ohio)

kahless
08-06-2009, 03:59 PM

• Sen. Judd Gregg (N.H.)

Whether possible or not we need a grassroots effort in these states to have these senators recalled.

Bucjason
08-06-2009, 03:59 PM

Right now the balance of the court remains the same as when the Supreme Court over-turned the D.C. Gun Ban.

So , unless King Barry gets to appoint another judge before we oust him in 2012 , then your 2nd amendment rights are safe for the time being.

qh4dotcom
08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
The dems will pass a resolution to uphold anything Obama signed and will amend the constitution to remove the natural born citizen requirement so he can remain president. Anyone that disagrees with above policy will be labeled a racist by the MSM and Republicans will cower in fear thus will not fight it.

I am beginning to think it is over for this country. Too much damage has been done and will be done in the next few years to ever be rolled back through future legislation. Succession of states is likely the only hope for a future.

Come on, give me a break...this will be a much bigger scandal than Watergate...with the public outrage that will follow, do you think 3/4 of the states are going to ratify such a constitutional amendment?

kahless
08-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Come on, give me a break...this will be a much bigger scandal than Watergate...with the public outrage that will follow, do you think 3/4 of the states are going to ratify such a constitutional amendment?

Why is this so hard to imagine particular after a racist activist like Sotomayor has just been confirmed?

The MSM will be sympathetic to Obama and will propagandize that the people are behind Obama remaining in office. Pictures of crying in African Americans protesting will mostly be shown. Public outrage will be labeled as being from racist whites and Conservatives. Public outrage will continue to be ignored as it is now.

Consider this, lets say 5 years ago I said here is the background of a candidate that will be President in the future. What would you have said?

1. Described a black child in a mosque in Indonesia who spent most of his youth there who has a mother of questionable integrity and a Kenyan alcoholic father.
2. Was homeless when he arrived in NY and woke up on the streets living with other bums. Later moved in with a coke head in a high crime drug infested area.
2. Childs mentors were Communists and terrorists.

People still fail to see the amazing odds it took for this man to become President. This is just scratching the surface so I believe anything is possible.

catdd
08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Whether possible or not we need a grassroots effort in these states to have these senators recalled.

I expected it from Snowe, Collins and Voinovich - but I didn't think Lamar would sink that low.

Time for Change
08-06-2009, 06:44 PM

• Sen. Judd Gregg (N.H.)

No surprise there...Martinez is a worthless POS with a hispanic only agenda.
He loved the bailouts too.

LibForestPaul
08-06-2009, 07:01 PM
• Sen. Judd Gregg (N.H.)

Yeah free staters?

Soto WILL change the SC immensely. Souter was a lefty, Soto is a communist. Her written opinions now become precedence.

James Madison
08-06-2009, 08:06 PM
No surprise there...Martinez is a worthless POS with a hispanic only agenda.
He loved the bailouts too.

Sen. Martinez is positioning himself to be eligible for the presidency.

Time for Change
08-06-2009, 08:53 PM

At this point ...nothing will surprise me.

I am sure there is a fat lady singing somewhere...

ssdded
08-06-2009, 10:23 PM
I expected it from Snowe, Collins and Voinovich - but I didn't think Lamar would sink that low.

Really? I'm not surprised at all. After his comments about a Fed audit being a bad thing, I fully expect him to cast pretty much nothing but votes that can lead to bigger government and/or less freedom.

The worst part is that we're stuck with him for five and a half more years. Maybe he'll retire early or something. Not that there's anyone in TN that I know of that I'd want in his place, although I follow national politics far more closely than state politics.

cindy25
08-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't understand why her mother, a registered nurse, with only 2 children, and receiving social security survivors benefits, would have to live in the projects. surely she could have easily bought a house

Matt Collins
08-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Here are the Republicans who voted for Sotomayer:

• Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
• Sen. Judd Gregg (N.H.)
• Sen. George Voinovich (Ohio)

[/URL][url]http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/08/06/the-pro-sotomayor-republicans/ (http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/08/06/the-pro-sotomayor-republicans/)

kahless
08-07-2009, 11:03 AM

He just resigned.

Matt Collins
08-07-2009, 11:47 AM
He just resigned.
So now Charlie Crist is playing dirty in Florida. The FL-GOP wants him to run for US Senate but he gets to appoint the person who goes in there now. Getting interesting and dirty.

cindy25
08-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Martinez was born in Cuba.

maybe he can be president of post Castro Cuba

LibForestPaul
08-09-2009, 05:28 AM
Sen. Judd Gregg (N.H.)

But why this guy?