PDA

View Full Version : How to destroy cash4clunkers in two minutes

teacherone
08-06-2009, 11:16 AM
YouTube - Dave Ross Commentary 08.03.09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLuU2iPqDSM&eurl=http://www.mynorthwest.com/%3Fnid%3D90&feature=player_embedded)

I had my doubts about the cash for clunkers program; I didn't think it could save the environment.

But was I wrong. Dealers can't keep those high m-p-g cars in stock!

See -- Americans DO care deeply about climate change.

We DO care about planetary health, about the diversity of the rainforests, about Gaia and the mystical balance of the eternal life-force -- provided there's 4500 dollars in it for us.

Just pay us $4500, especially if it's doubled by the dealer, we will embrace a tree or any type of vegetation the government specifies.

We are now SO committed to saving the environment we're buying cars without even ASKING what color they are. It's amazing -- in fact, the only thing more effective than the cash for clunker program was threatening to END the cash for clunker program.

And remember the economic lesson in all this: economists point out higher car sales make it easier to sell off the government-owned car companies, because when people buy cars from the companies we bailed out, it makes those companies more valuable, which means we can take the profit from the sale of those valuable companies, and reimburse ourselves for the cost of paying us to buy our cars.

We have finally invented a perpetual motion machine!

So can we extend this please?

As long as we're paying for cars that run, how about the car sitting in your neighbors yard that DOESN'T run. Please?

How about a cash for the old refrigerator in my garage program. All it has is a couple of cans of New Coke from 1985, but I'm holding onto it because I just KNOW the government will want it someday.

acptulsa
08-06-2009, 11:24 AM
And remember the economic lesson in all this: economists point out higher car sales make it easier to sell off the government-owned car companies, because when people buy cars from the companies we bailed out, it makes those companies more valuable, which means we can take the profit from the sale of those valuable companies, and reimburse ourselves for the cost of paying us to buy our cars.

We have finally invented a perpetual motion machine!

:D :D

That's easy! Just tie a dollar bill to a cat and show it to Barney Frank!