PDA

View Full Version : Why is it a problem for opposition to Obamacare to organize?

MsDoodahs
08-06-2009, 10:44 AM
I see all these whines from the Obots that the opposition to Obamacare is organized.

Well, uh....isn't that what we're SUPPOSED to do?

Organize so that our voices are heard?

It seems the epitome of hypocrisy on the part of the Obamacare proponents to complain that their opposition is organized...

Sandra
08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
It's just to villainize opposition.

Epic
08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Most of the groups opposing this are just local grassroots organizations. It's not like people are paid by the RNC to go out there and protest.

On the other hand, lots of taxpayer-funded unions (all union money is gained by government influence - in a free society, businesses could fire employees if they went on strike) are doing top-down planning to get people to the town halls.

acptulsa
08-06-2009, 11:35 AM
We started it, by calling b.s. on their astroturf. Of course, we were telling the truth and they're grasping at straws, but that's beside the point.

At least, it's beside the point that they want you to infer from all this. Not beside the point but beside that point. I knew you'd understand...

Deborah K
08-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Why is it a problem for opposition to Obamacare to organize?

Because it threatens the status quo. The left is having trouble dealing with the fact that their own tactics are being used against them.

acptulsa
08-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Because it threatens the status quo. The left is having trouble dealing with the fact that their own tactics are being used against them.

They aren't having trouble dealing. They're pretending to go postal. No problem there. It isn't like they have no practice...

They have no morality to offer but that never stops them from selling their moral outrage.

MsDoodahs
08-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I have to say, I'm utterly disgusted with most on the left these days.

I am ashamed to admit that I fell for their claims of being anti-war during the campaign. :o (Not BO's - I knew he was lying - I actually thought his supporters were being truthful when they proclaimed their anti-war stances.)

I did not realize what the end of the phrase was..."I'm Anti-war ... ... ... ... so long as BUSH is president, but as soon as our guy is in, we'll be fine and dandy with it."

:mad:

angelatc
08-06-2009, 12:28 PM
They have audacity beyond reason. People at the town halls report seeing ACORN, SEIU, and another group...something about families? members - all easily identifiable because they're wearing matching t-shirts, which they no doubt got for free.

In CHicago a few years ago, during the Illegal Immigration rallies, they literally bussed thousands of protestors in. Not vintage yellow school buses, either: private, expensive chartered buses. AFAIK, nobody every figured out who paid for that, but the presumption was La Raza.

Fuck them.

apropos
08-06-2009, 04:23 PM
It's because complaining and name calling is all they have.

People like Pelosi, Reid and Obama instinctively know that their ideas won't hold up in the light of day - they know they don't have the virtue of truth or logic on their side. That's why the rely on these backroom deals, and when that doesn't work, it's all bullying and name calling.

When you sit back and think about it, the power we have over these people is incredible. That's why they're so afraid. They're afraid we might exercise that power.

acptulsa
08-07-2009, 02:05 PM
God knows the pro- forces are organized enough.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2708865&id=25407937034#

And that's a seriously liberal cartoonist!