PDA

View Full Version : The Largest Street Gang in America (cops)

youngbuck
08-06-2009, 05:40 AM
This is a very disturbing video. Warning: there is violence and explicit language.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54162036

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-06-2009, 06:10 AM
the failure to identify part made me lol. They got pretty pushy when he wanted to file a complaint. I dont know about where he lives, but in Texas, failure to identify only applies if they are lawfully arresting you.

sratiug
08-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Bump

Reason
08-06-2009, 11:05 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=202909

__27__
08-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Thugs. But if only we had minarchists to order them around, then they'd all be benevolent and kind, right?

Freedom 4 all
08-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Thugs. But if only we had minarchists to order them around, then they'd all be benevolent and kind, right?

No, but they'd be kept in line because when they act like thugs, they'd go to prison and get raped in genpop just like any other thug. If their actions weren't condoned by the state then they'd quickly learn to stop being such assholes.

__27__
08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
No, but they'd be kept in line because when they act like thugs, they'd go to prison and get raped in genpop just like any other thug. If their actions weren't condoned by the state then they'd quickly learn to stop being such assholes.

Yes, only apply your boot to a citizens throat when a minarchist government tells you it's okay. We're all happy now, right? Oh of course that is besides the poor fellow with a size 16 crushing his windpipe.

Reason
08-06-2009, 11:47 AM
that rave footage @ about 50 mins into the video is very disturbing...

Epic
08-06-2009, 12:43 PM
This is part of the reason I am a libertarian anarchist.

Policing is the most important thing to privatize - they get the monopoly use of force and thus are above the law. Without that force, everything else the government did would be just empty rhetoric.

pcosmar
08-06-2009, 01:07 PM

Policing is the most important thing to privatize - they get the monopoly use of force and thus are above the law. Without that force, everything else the government did would be just empty rhetoric.

Well, if you get back to the "Original Intent", there were never supposed to be police forces (standing armies) in this country.

An elected Sheriff, and an armed citizenry is all that is necessary.
If the Sheriff needs assistance he can call on local citizens for help.
Police forces only serve as the enforcement arm of the Power brokers, not as protectors of free citizens.

youngbuck
08-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Well, if you get back to the "Original Intent", there were never supposed to be police forces (standing armies) in this country.

Police forces only serve as the enforcement arm of the Power brokers, not as protectors of free citizens.

Absolutely, but the brainwashed public has been propagandized into believing we must have a massive police force, and that funding it's continual growth is a worthy cause.

jmdrake
08-06-2009, 06:04 PM
the failure to identify part made me lol. They got pretty pushy when he wanted to file a complaint. I dont know about where he lives, but in Texas, failure to identify only applies if they are lawfully arresting you.

Being slow to identify yourself and then saying "yo mamma" to the cop after he refuses to give you his badge number can get you arrested in Cambridge, but if you know the POTUS you can get invited to the WH for a beer.

Epic
08-06-2009, 06:38 PM

Good luck getting the government to stay that way. Special interests will use the government to achieve their goals.

RevolutionSD
08-06-2009, 06:43 PM

Me too. :)

LibForestPaul
08-06-2009, 07:15 PM
so, should we all ask local PO "how to file a complaint?" and post vid response.?

andrewh817
08-06-2009, 07:24 PM
The situation at 17:00 is so insulting to the human race...... why would they not call an ambulance before the police anyways??

youngbuck
08-06-2009, 07:40 PM
The situation at 17:00 is so insulting to the human race...... why would they not call an ambulance before the police anyways??

I guess you could say the way the police act is a symptom of the underlying disease of the population. :confused:

CCTelander
08-06-2009, 07:52 PM
The strangest thing about all this to me is that so many people seem to believe that this kind of stuff is a fairly recent development. In fact, it's been like this almost since the advent of professional police forces here in the US. In the past it just didn't get out to the public as frequently.

Bodhi
08-06-2009, 08:13 PM
The strangest thing about all this to me is that so many people seem to believe that this kind of stuff is a fairly recent development. In fact, it's been like this almost since the advent of professional police forces here in the US. In the past it just didn't get out to the public as frequently.

I agree, I don't think the police today are any worse than in the past. At least these days, they have to wonder that if they do something stupid it will be on YouTube the next day.

CCTelander
08-06-2009, 09:10 PM
I agree, I don't think the police today are any worse than in the past. At least these days, they have to wonder that if they do something stupid it will be on YouTube the next day.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, all this stuff is definitely as vile, disgusting, abhorent, whatever as it gets. These thugs should absolutely be held personally accountable.

But the fact is that they've ALWAYS been thugs. We've never had, and there probably never has been, a professional police force that wasn't rife with corruption and abuse.

Professional police forces should never have been allowed to exist in what claims to be a "free country."

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-06-2009, 11:39 PM
My god, I'm fucking sick of seeing videos of cops abusing people and EVERYONE JUST STANDS BY AND EITHER VIDEO RECORDS IT ON THEIR CELLPHONE OR WATCHES LIKE ITS SOME KIND OF FUCKING T.V DRAMA/SOAP

Expatriate
08-07-2009, 01:21 AM
My god, I'm fucking sick of seeing videos of cops abusing people and EVERYONE JUST STANDS BY AND EITHER VIDEO RECORDS IT ON THEIR CELLPHONE OR WATCHES LIKE ITS SOME KIND OF FUCKING T.V DRAMA/SOAP

Well, if anyone tried to defend those being attacked I can guarantee you they would end up either in jail or the morgue.

LATruth
08-07-2009, 02:06 AM
The policeman is never your friend, no matter the situation. Everything CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU. Do not call 9/11, stop relying on the gestapo to solve your issues and woes.

Protect and serve, my ass. There are no good cops, this is not fucking Mayberry.

devil21
08-07-2009, 04:13 AM

Are you tellin me that Andy Griffith was propaganda? :D

Protect and serve, my ass. There are no good cops, this is not fucking Mayberry.

You too???

But seriously, thanks for posting that vid. It's one of the few out there that's compiling the frequent events we see but pass through the news cycle to be somewhat forgotten. I also agree that there are WAY TOO MANY fucking people standing around watching or recording these events instead of acting to defend their fellow American when he/she has obviously been wronged. It's the "me me me and no one else matters" mentality that's so pervasive.

"I'll get massive video hits off this guy getting his ass kicked by the cops for no reason happening right in front of me!" (the thought doesn't occur to ANYONE to go help the victim)

Expatriate
08-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I also agree that there are WAY TOO MANY fucking people standing around watching or recording these events instead of acting to defend their fellow American when he/she has obviously been wronged. It's the "me me me and no one else matters" mentality that's so pervasive.

"I'll get massive video hits off this guy getting his ass kicked by the cops for no reason happening right in front of me!" (the thought doesn't occur to ANYONE to go help the victim)

I would love to see that happen, but do you have any ideas on how you could physically help an innocent person being brutalized by a cop? It's not a rhetorical question, I would actually like to hear some ideas.

If I had a group of friends willing to help, and we physically intervened, the cop would feel threatened and pull out his sidearm while calling for backup. That's assuming nobody actually touched the cop, and just got in between him and the victim. If you laid a hand on a cop, it would be "assaulting an officer" and he'd probably use lethal force against you.

If I had a government permit to carry a pistol, there's no way I could use it to de-escalate the situation. While a common street thug would likely run or surrender if a firearm was pulled, police don't do that. If his partner didn't shoot you in the back, I'm sure he would try to "quick draw" and shoot you as soon as your attention was diverted. And if you managed to get him on the ground and place him under citizen's arrest (yeah right) what do you really think would happen when more cops arrived?

At best you would be sacrificing your own life or liberty to spare the victim an unjust beating.

Do you know of anyone who has ever successfully stopped a police beating without throwing themselves under the bus? It would be great if a reliable system could be developed for doing this.

Todd
08-07-2009, 02:43 PM
There are some states where you are required to identify yourself, but they can only take you to jail if you don't and they suspected you of a crime. But you don't have to carry I.D. on you.
Of course there's the catch all charge of disturbing the peace etc. A good magistrate won't put up with trumped up crap, but there's few of those.

Expatriate
08-07-2009, 03:08 PM
It's true that police brutality has been around as long as professional police forces, but what I think is changing is the public's support of it. I meet a lot of people now who actually claim they wish the police would be MORE brutal, since in their mind it would make people more afraid to do drugs or otherwise disrespect the law.

I remember times when people were seemingly more opposed to it. Everybody I know up here was opposed to Rodney King's beating. But now, in Montreal, Canada for example, you can't even hold an anti-police-brutality demonstration without being brutalized by the cops.

http://www.optative.net/blog/2009/03/16/police-brutalize-anti-police-brutality-demonstration-again/

The police have been caught using agents disguised as violent protesters to give them an excuse to attack peaceful protesters in Canada before...
YouTube - Stop SPP Protest - Union Leader stops provocateurs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow)
...but for some reason nobody thinks it's possible that they are still doing this. The anti-police-brutality protest linked to above was given very bad PR because some "protesters" broke windows, but for some reason the ensuing police use of rubber bullets, concussion grenades, CS gas, tasers, and clubs wasn't frowned upon by the media and was portrayed as necessary. Because the undercover agents were probably better disguised and weren't caught this time, people think the mass beating was deserved.

If Americans don't want their country to start looking like this, they'd better do something about it while they still can. Public opinion has to be swayed to not be so supportive of police brutality. Any ideas on how to do that?

devil21
08-07-2009, 03:31 PM
I would love to see that happen, but do you have any ideas on how you could physically help an innocent person being brutalized by a cop? It's not a rhetorical question, I would actually like to hear some ideas.

If I had a group of friends willing to help, and we physically intervened, the cop would feel threatened and pull out his sidearm while calling for backup. That's assuming nobody actually touched the cop, and just got in between him and the victim. If you laid a hand on a cop, it would be "assaulting an officer" and he'd probably use lethal force against you.

If I had a government permit to carry a pistol, there's no way I could use it to de-escalate the situation. While a common street thug would likely run or surrender if a firearm was pulled, police don't do that. If his partner didn't shoot you in the back, I'm sure he would try to "quick draw" and shoot you as soon as your attention was diverted. And if you managed to get him on the ground and place him under citizen's arrest (yeah right) what do you really think would happen when more cops arrived?

At best you would be sacrificing your own life or liberty to spare the victim an unjust beating.

Do you know of anyone who has ever successfully stopped a police beating without throwing themselves under the bus? It would be great if a reliable system could be developed for doing this.

Well a good start would be for the onlookers to actually SAY something about how the cop isn't acting right. That's not even happening. There's way too many instances of onlookers defending the COPS! That skateboard one is a perfect example. A 250lb male cop is choking a 13yr old kid on the ground and onlookers comment how the kid deserved it! So I would start by not SUPPORTING the growing police state. People have been trained by media, tv, movies to watch in awe at brutality, assault, etc and condone it if the man wears a uniform (military, police, whatever). "Well they must have deserved it" is what you hear the most. That's sickening! So I think starting with a little empathy for the person being brutalized is a start.

But to address the physical nature, I bet that if you were to take any one of those examples and the mob of people standing around turned on the cops, the cops would be fucked. The cops KNOW that bystanders won't do anything to help the victims. When that suddenly changes it would force cops (dept by dept) to re-think what they are doing. I have no doubt that a group of 20 people surrounding two cops beating on skateboarding kids could disarm and subdue the uniformed aggressors. My point is that it has to start somewhere or it will never happen. One case of the people turning against the police would quickly become big news. Sure the media would try to demonize the people but I bet cops would start thinking twice about beating on people if the last time they did it, they ended getting their asses kicked by a bunch of pissed off citizens. Cops aren't as powerful as they think they are or as powerful as the sheep hold them up to be. Once that "pedestal" mentality is broken, you realize that cops don't have anything that you don't (or can't) have. They are just people too. But since everyone only looks out for themselves the cops (and those that control them on the larger scale) can continue with the divide and conquer scheme that's working so effectively.

I watch the images of people being dragged away by cops with onlookers doing nothing and I can't help but wonder how similar the appearance is to the Warsaw ghetto roundups on Jews:

First the Nazis came for the Communists; and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews; and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew. When they came for the trade unionists I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a trade unionist. And when they came for the Catholics I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me... and by that time there was no one left to speak for anyone.

We're slowly getting there through conditioning of the people to watch and do nothing as others are abused or dragged away by the police. They must have deserved it...

muh_roads
08-07-2009, 04:25 PM
When they ask for your ID, is it in the constitution that you don't have to?

Helpful to know.

Expatriate
08-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Well a good start would be for the onlookers to actually SAY something about how the cop isn't acting right. That's not even happening. There's way too many instances of onlookers defending the COPS! That skateboard one is a perfect example. A 250lb male cop is choking a 13yr old kid on the ground and onlookers comment how the kid deserved it! So I would start by not SUPPORTING the growing police state. People have been trained by media, tv, movies to watch in awe at brutality, assault, etc and condone it if the man wears a uniform (military, police, whatever). "Well they must have deserved it" is what you hear the most. That's sickening! So I think starting with a little empathy for the person being brutalized is a start.

I definitely agree there. See the post I made after the one you replied to. The trick is going to be overriding the media brainwashing. Maybe some kind of grassroots, decentralized organization dedicated to spreading awareness and opposition to police brutality would make a difference. DVDs and flyers left in mailboxes, that sort of thing. I have heard about something called Copwatch I think, but they mainly just follow cops around and try to prevent abuses of power.

But to address the physical nature, I bet that if you were to take any one of those examples and the mob of people standing around turned on the cops, the cops would be fucked. The cops KNOW that bystanders won't do anything to help the victims. When that suddenly changes it would force cops (dept by dept) to re-think what they are doing. I have no doubt that a group of 20 people surrounding two cops beating on skateboarding kids could disarm and subdue the uniformed aggressors. My point is that it has to start somewhere or it will never happen. One case of the people turning against the police would quickly become big news. Sure the media would try to demonize the people but I bet cops would start thinking twice about beating on people if the last time they did it, they ended getting their asses kicked by a bunch of pissed off citizens. Cops aren't as powerful as they think they are or as powerful as the sheep hold them up to be. Once that "pedestal" mentality is broken, you realize that cops don't have anything that you don't (or can't) have. They are just people too. But since everyone only looks out for themselves the cops (and those that control them on the larger scale) can continue with the divide and conquer scheme that's working so effectively.

I watch the images of people being dragged away by cops with onlookers doing nothing and I can't help but wonder how similar the appearance is to the Warsaw ghetto roundups on Jews:

We're slowly getting there through conditioning of the people to watch and do nothing as others are abused or dragged away by the police. They must have deserved it...

There is a video of a soccer match in another thread where exactly that happened. Unfortunately, it does start to look like the only way to directly stop police brutality is to outnumber and out-brutalize them. I sure wish there was another option though.