PDA

View Full Version : Tips/Lessons for Peter Schiff Moneybomb 8/7/2009

specialkornflake
08-06-2009, 04:06 AM
Hello all,
I've been looking forward to the Peter Schiff Moneybomb tomorrow and I want it to be successful. Here are some things I thought of to make sure it goes off without a hitch:

1. If someone says the Peter Schiff website is down or having some other problem, don't rush to check it out for yourself. This just increases the likelihood that it will in fact crash and potentially be down for even longer. Someone is still going to check it, I promise. Additionally, I don't think Peter Schiff's website has been load tested yet. Back in the day, we routinely crashed Ron Paul's website during the last minutes of a Moneybomb and other critical moments.

2. If available, check the donation total from an alternative website that doesn't hurt bandwidth on the donation website.

3. Even if the website doesn't crash, the donation processing/credit card processing of the website may not be able to handle the traffic.

4. A news story of 1 million in one day is much better than 700,000.

5. Consider rolling together many small donations into a larger one. This makes accounting easier, lessens bandwidth, and the credit card companies probably charge a set amount per transaction, potentially decreasing the amount you are giving to Peter Schiff. But don’t let this lessen the amount you donate!

6. If everyone waits to the last minute to donate, we run the chance of having some donations run into the next day. Then we might be discussing time zones. It might be easier to just donate in the middle of the day to lessen bandwidth usage and avoid controversy.

I hope this helps. Feel free to add or discuss! Thanks!

To donate:
https://secure.qgiv.com/cps_donors/index.php?key=secommittee

fr33domfightr
08-06-2009, 09:16 AM
I know at least one of my donations to Ron Paul happened after 9pm Pacific Time. I don't think it got counted on the moneybomb day because it was made after 12pm Eastern. Many of us may not be able to donate until after 9pm in our timezone. It would be nice if they don't stop counting until the end of the day in each timezone. This might be a problem for Hawaii, since it would be later. I don't have a problem with that though.

If I knew that I could donate from 9:00pm Pacific on August 6th to 8:59pm Pacific on August 7th, that would be fine. No one has stated this though.

If the devil is in the details, we want the details.

We on the west coast just want to be counted too!

FF

specialkornflake
08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Bump for the evening before the moneybomb!

dannno
08-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Good advise.

Feelgood
08-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Ok, had to get into the spirit of things. Put his moneybomb in for the headlines at Freedom Report. Hope this is big!

tpreitzel
08-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Waaaaaaaah! I want a running counter which is updated every minute like the one for Ron's 2008 campaign! ;)

Oh well, the current total showing on Peter's website is about $479k. I'll donate tomorrow.

literatim
08-06-2009, 10:33 PM
His website is getting hammered.

tpreitzel
08-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Hopefully, his campaign total will be at least $750k by the conclusion of this money bomb. We'll see how much the rate of donations increases around 0900 EDT on August 7, 2009. Go, Peter, go! :)

specialkornflake
08-07-2009, 04:20 AM
Since Connecticut is on the east coast, we should consider the moneybomb timeframe being from midnight to midnight east coast time.

Does anyone know a good alternative website for checking the donation total?