PDA

View Full Version : Coverage of Protest and town hall events

ghemminger
08-05-2009, 11:06 PM
I would be will ing to fly to cover some of these events, does anyone have any idea on how to go about covering the most heated ones?

Sandra
08-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Well, I hope these folks listen to their reps' position before screaming. Some are there to raise a ruckus for the cameras even though their guy is holding their position. This is starting to get bizarre.

Deborah K
08-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Well, I hope these folks listen to their reps' position before screaming. Some are there to raise a ruckus for the cameras even though their guy is holding their position. This is starting to get bizarre.

Really? Where? I was concerned this might happen.

ghemminger
08-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Really? Where? I was concerned this might happen.

the ruckus is good for the movement and I would like to capture it on video

Sandra
08-06-2009, 10:02 AM

Uh, how is it good? We see how they're using it.

Deborah K
08-06-2009, 10:03 AM

I was actually questioning Sandra's claim that there are people who are making a scene even though their rep is on their side.

Sandra
08-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I was actually questioning Sandra's claim that there are people who are making a scene even though their rep is on their side.

In the bigger TH meetings, nobody even knows what the meetings are about , the screaming is too loud. That's how astroturf works, thet let no speaker be heard. It negates an assembly.

BenIsForRon
08-06-2009, 01:08 PM
You can't deny a lot of these are mostly astroturf, these people wouldn't be there if Limbaugh hadn't egged them on, or if some lobbying group hadn't gathered the troops.

I guess what needs to happen now is Campaign for Liberty needs to be there handing out information, so maybe these people can start thinking for themselves again.

akihabro
08-06-2009, 01:09 PM
U.S. House Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Pasadena, will hold a health care townhall meeting from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 11 at the Alhambra Civic Center Library Community Room, 101 S. First St.

Residents can meet Schiff and let him know what they think. The event will be moderated by Dr. Bruce Hensel.

For more information, call (626) 304-2727.

Tea party group planning to show up to health care townhall
Posted: 08/06/2009 10:24:18 AM PDT

Members of an anti-tax movement are planning to show up to a local town hall meeting on health care on Tuesday.

The group, Pasadena Patriots, has participated in national protests on tax day on April 15, and on May Day. Similar groups all over the country have been showing up to health care town halls in the last week.

Pasadena Patriots plans to stage a rally before the event to protest what it describes as "socialized medicine."

The town hall will be attended by Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Pasadena, who is a supporter of the current health care legislation that would create a public health care option run by the government.

Industry representatives and consumer groups will also be participating in a panel with Schiff. The event is at the Alhambra Civic Center Public Library, at 101 S. First St, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/ci_13004029?source=rss_emailed

pcosmar
08-06-2009, 01:13 PM

Perhaps where you are, but not here.

There is not a representative in this state that should not be fired, and perhaps prosecuted.
At least none that I have seen.

ghemminger
08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
U.S. House Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Pasadena, will hold a health care townhall meeting from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 11 at the Alhambra Civic Center Library Community Room, 101 S. First St.

Residents can meet Schiff and let him know what they think. The event will be moderated by Dr. Bruce Hensel.

For more information, call (626) 304-2727.

Tea party group planning to show up to health care townhall
Posted: 08/06/2009 10:24:18 AM PDT

Members of an anti-tax movement are planning to show up to a local town hall meeting on health care on Tuesday.

The group, Pasadena Patriots, has participated in national protests on tax day on April 15, and on May Day. Similar groups all over the country have been showing up to health care town halls in the last week.

Pasadena Patriots plans to stage a rally before the event to protest what it describes as "socialized medicine."

The town hall will be attended by Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Pasadena, who is a supporter of the current health care legislation that would create a public health care option run by the government.

Industry representatives and consumer groups will also be participating in a panel with Schiff. The event is at the Alhambra Civic Center Public Library, at 101 S. First St, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/ci_13004029?source=rss_emailed

this is awesome thank you I WILL BE THERE....how do I find out about all these protests?