PDA

View Full Version : Jumping from Thompson's ship already

jcbraithwaite7
09-26-2007, 09:33 PM
I saw this on a blog and thought it was interesting. The lady is jumping from Thompson to Huckabee. I think if her feelings are felt by more there is an opportunity. I schooled a Thompson campaigner and sensed a bit of doubt about Fred when I mentioned CFR.

Dear Friends,

This is one of the most difficult letters I have ever sent. First, I want to tell each of you what a great privilege it has been for me to get to know each one of you on the internet. I consider each of you to be a special person, and a friend whose memory I will cherish forever. I hope that our friendship will continue even after you read this. I would be greatly saddened if it did not, but I have confidence that each of us has enough respect and affection for each other, that our friendship will go on.
As you all know, I have made no secret of the fact that I got involved in supporting Senator Thompson because former Senator Bill Frist, my first political hero, urged his supporters to do so. Bill Frist is an honorable, decent, religious person, and I have always believed that if he supported Fred Thompson, who he calls his good friend, it was enough for me to study Senator Thompson and decide whether I wanted to support him. I studied the issues very closely, and found that most of what Senator Thompson had been saying were things that I agreed with. I respected his opinions, I liked his plain spokeness.
But I must tell you that I began to get nervous as I waited for him to get into the race. I listened and watched the comments of people, who didn't understand why he wasn't announcing. I defended him every step of the way. I formed a blog for him, and have tried to defend him on as many attacks as I could. However, the last few weeks, actually, since he officially announced his candidacy have created serious doubts in my mind. I have not changed my mind about the issues. I really haven't changed my mind about Fred's qualifications. But I do find myself seriously questioning Fred's committment to the race for the Presidency.
I know, from past Presidential contests that it is only the candidate who can have the fire and drive and ambition to make the race. If Fred Thompson doesn't want it enough, nothing that you and I do or say will change that. It is not about running a different kind of campaign, it is about being willing to make the life changing choices that a candidate for President must make.
I have prayed long and hard about how to handle these doubts. Finally after two pretty much sleepless nights, and with much trepidation and prayer, I have decided to officially back Mike Huckabee for President. Do I think he is electable? I don't know, but I remember another Arkansas governor who was in the same situation not too many years ago. Is he a fiscal conservative? Maybe not as much as I would like, but I am more interested in the issues of social conservatives. Most important, I know that Mike Huckabee is a true conservative with a driving ambition and overpowering will to be President. I know that Senator Thompson is a true conservative, but I just don't think he wants it enough.
I would like to be able to continue to post at draft fred, but would of course respect your desire not to have me do so, and would honor that. I will never say anything critical about Fred Thompson, because I have nothing but good will and respect for him. I may even continue to post items about Fred Thompson on my blogs, when I find positive reports, but I must be honest with each of you and tell you that I have started a blog for Mike Huckabee and have agreed to do some things with his campaign. Frankly, in just a few days, I have gotten more attention and inquiries from the Huckabee campaign than I ever have from Senator Thompson's campaign. I hope that all of you will remain my friends, and that ultimately we will all work together to support the Republican Presidential candidate, whether it be Senator Thompson or Governor Huckabee.
Once again thank you for the privilege of being my friend.

Tin_Foil_Hat
09-26-2007, 09:38 PM
So...this would be jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan. :D

Dustancostine
09-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Frankly, in just a few days, I have gotten more attention and inquiries from the Huckabee campaign than I ever have from Senator Thompson's campaign.

Um Maybe because Huckabee's campaign has nothing else better to do?

Hook
09-26-2007, 10:06 PM
The more the pro-war camp is evened out amongst the candidates, the better it is for us.

wgadget
09-27-2007, 05:32 AM
Gosh, what will this person do when Huckabee drops out due to lack of funds?

OptionsTrader
09-27-2007, 05:47 AM

Write the campaign eulogy? Man this guy's a bummer =)

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2007, 05:54 AM

he will probably join McCain lol and would create a new blog post!