PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Ron Paul Gear

RadioDJforPaul
09-26-2007, 09:07 PM
What I saw on his website wasnt that impressive to me. Ive seen some Cafe Press sites, but I just want to know where is the best place to buy shirts and other gear. Where did you get your stuff?

Corydoras
09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
I haven't got any RP wearables, but this site has stuff that looks impressive:
www.covenantembroidery.com/ronpaul

constituent
09-26-2007, 09:35 PM
you know you can make your own stuff at cafepress right?

i didn't realize that until a few weeks ago, we'd been making
ghetto ass deskjet transfer stuff before now...

it is really really really easy to get setup over there, but their
prices are through the roof....

does anyone know of a similar service w/ better pricing for those
who'd like to make something for "grandma and grandpa" or whoever?

Hurricane Bruiser
09-26-2007, 09:39 PM
The best thing from the official site is the signs. That was very much needed. The slim Jims and bumper stickers are good also. The shirts I am not impressed with and other sites have much more variety on everything. The nice thing is that if you won't be able to max out on donations, then materials from the official website count as a contribution.

scottincr
09-26-2007, 09:41 PM
can be found at www.ronpaulstuff.com

mtmedlin
09-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Even though you may not like the official campaign items the best, PLEASE remember that each time you buy at the official websight it will be considered a donation. This is one tactic that many of the big boys use and it helps their fundraising numbers look much more impressive.

BuddyRey
09-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Here's a GREAT site for RP gear.

http://www.libertymaniacs.com/

McDermit
09-26-2007, 09:53 PM
The official store needs to get some trifolds on there. Buying from ebay kills.

libertarian4321
09-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I've purchased Tshirts from cafe press and the official site- prices are similar, but with the official site, all the money goes to the campaign, which is a big bonus.

The hats at the official site are of good quality- although a bit more than some of the cafepress prices.

RonPaul2012grassroots
09-26-2007, 10:07 PM
As far as the most bang for the buck there is really no contest -

http://www.dailypaul.com/files/images/ron-paul-stickers-1.gif

It hasn't been posted to the website yet, but we are having a blow-out sale on bulk, high quality silk screened 3x11.5 vinyl bumper stickers - check it out tomorrow, nine cents each.

ctb619
09-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Buy from the official site

princessredtights
09-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Here's a GREAT site for RP gear.

http://www.libertymaniacs.com/

wow - that site is awesome!

RonPaul2012grassroots
09-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Buy from the official site

Grassroots is what's gonna win this, not the campaign. The campaign is overwhelmed. I was there with Perot even before the inception of the Perot Petition Committee, directly under the first level below Perot (Darcy Anderson, Mark Blahnik, and Sharon Holman). Due to that experience (opening the very first PPC office in the country for Perot, the one which all others were patterned after), I have some appreciation for the way things come together in the field and how to leverage funds. If you persist in counting on the campaign to pull this off instead of the grassroots, then we've already lost.

Buy it cheap, spread it deep.

philipsantamaria
09-26-2007, 10:24 PM
liberymaniacs is great but their von mises shirt can be seen as hitler to the uneducated eye.

RonPaul2012grassroots
09-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Please be advised that all the vendors which sell those one-off bumper stickers for $3-$5 use the flexographic process and flexo is well known to fade in a just a few months of exposure to the elements. Flexo printed bumper stickers will definitely not last until November of next year, by then those flexo printed stickers will be looking pretty sad.

OTOH, silk screened vinyl will still look great by the end of next year. I've seen silk screened Perot vinyl bumper stickers we had printed up in '92 still looking presentable after ten years of exposure. I've noticed that the bumper stickers distributed earlier this year by the campaign were flexo printed, but the latest are in fact silk screened (but over three times the cost of ours in bulk). Some of the local volunteers have already replaced the 3 or 4 month old flexo printed bumper stickers with our silk screened stickers because of fading.

ctb619
09-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Grassroots is what's gonna win this, not the campaign. The campaign is overwhelmed. I was there with Perot even before the inception of the Perot Petition Committee, directly under the first level below Perot (Darcy Anderson, Mark Blahnik, and Sharon Holman). Due to that experience (opening the very first PPC office in the country for Perot, the one which all others were patterned after), I have some appreciation for the way things come together in the field and how to leverage funds. If you persist in counting on the campaign to pull this off instead of the grassroots, then we've already lost.

So you're saying paid campaign staff members are physically boxing up this stuff when I make an order from the official site? How does ordering from the official site overwhelm the campaign?

McDermit
09-26-2007, 10:56 PM
So you're saying paid campaign staff members are physically boxing up this stuff when I make an order from the official site? How does ordering from the official site overwhelm the campaign?

I think he's just saying that the campaign doesn't have the ability to get stuff for the same low prices. They have too much on their plate to be able to shop around and get the same deals the grassroots can. They can't really focus on getting materials in the same way that we can.

Regardless, if you have limited funds and won't be maxxing out, I'd recommend ordering from HQ. But if you'll be donating the max and have the funds to both donate AND buy materials, then by all means, buy where you will get the most for your money.

princessredtights
09-26-2007, 11:08 PM
liberymaniacs is great but their von mises shirt can be seen as hitler to the uneducated eye.

Really? I'll have to look again ... I thought it reminded me of the actor, John Hillerman, who played "Higgins" on Magnum PI?

LOL ... :p

RonPaul2012grassroots
09-26-2007, 11:59 PM
I think he's just saying that the campaign doesn't have the ability to get stuff for the same low prices. They have too much on their plate to be able to shop around and get the same deals the grassroots can. They can't really focus on getting materials in the same way that we can.

When I say overwhelmed, what I'm referring to is that presently a small staff is faced with the challenge of being unable to manage even calling back key contacts who have called them - they are not returning phone calls as well as they should be to be most effective. (I've heard a number of these incidents, it's getting some folks very perturbed, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the campaign materials side of things)

When I was the coordinator of the Austin PPC office we were fortunate enough to have several highly qualified and dedicated people working in the office full time to take care of things (this was just a local office for Austin and the surrounding areas), yet I was a volunteer in that office 90 hours a week and pretty much the only thing I was doing was being a fireman putting out fires, so I can relate to being overwhelmed. I recall one instance where I walked out of my office and I was immediately surrounded by no less than seven people trying to talk to me at the same time - it was extremely hectic at times, and this was only a local office. I would not want to be working in the national office if it weren't being effectively managed by staff.