PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Ferry Incident on Yahoo

tmg19103
09-26-2007, 07:48 PM
This story actually is not biased in the least towards RP. I'm seeing more of this as RP gains traction.

Let's NOT give the press any more reason to print true stories that make RP look bad.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/realclearpolitics/20070926/cm_rcp/ron_paul_supporters_taunt_rudy

FSP-Rebel
09-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Just so ya know, I was there and 99.7% of the 200+ RP supporters started off booing Rudy and then started chanting 'Ron Paul, Ron Paul.' Someone did mention something related to 9-11, but it couldn't be easily heard cause of the loud chanting. So, they clearly made Rudy look like the martyr. And, some of us facetiously talked to each other about throwing Rudy off, but it was all in good fun (considering the location, the atmosphere and the target) and was more than overplayed by the media. But let's be honest, this was the highlight of the weekend and the media was just waiting to dump on the RP supporters cause they(MSM) ain't got shit on the Doc.

DjLoTi
09-26-2007, 08:54 PM
not a good article.

runderwo
09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
I think whoever has the full video footage should post it as proof that the truthers were a minority.

mavtek
09-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Damn they are really grasping at straws! HA HA Can you say openly looking for an attack angle?

Dr. Paul shouldn't attack any of his supporters, regardless of what they believe, this is a free country.

DeadheadForPaul
09-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Can we PLEASE keep the 9/11 stuff separate from Ron Paul? Jesus christ people

FSP-Rebel
09-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Can we PLEASE keep the 9/11 stuff separate from Ron Paul? Jesus christ people
We usually have a lid on that stuff, but I doubt it would've happened if anyone but Rudy was there.

michaelwise
09-26-2007, 09:36 PM
If Ron Paul is not a front runner, how can he have so many supporters, let alone, more than Rudy has on the same boat. I mean, isn't Rudy the front runner? I'm sure Rudy had enough protection on that boat from his own supporters, against that minority number of Ron Paul supporters. How many supporters did Rudy have on that boat? Five? How can that be, that Ron Paul had more active supporters on that boat than Rudy. I think I'm going to check out this Ron Paul guy who registers so low in the polls, and why there would be anyone turning out to see him. Somebodies not telling me the truth about why he is so popular, given the amount of Ron Paul supporters on that boat.

Well, thats what I would think, if I read that article, and were supporting someone else.

foofighter20x
09-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Make sure you rate it down! ;)

MsDoodahs
09-26-2007, 09:44 PM
How do you rate it down? :confused:

TheIndependent
09-26-2007, 09:53 PM
We usually have a lid on that stuff, but I doubt it would've happened if anyone but Rudy was there.

Truthers need to know when to bite their tongue if they hope for Paul to gain momentum--a 'wingnut conspiracy theorist' label is the opposite of what Paul stands for, and the last thing he needs when the campaign is really gaining uphill traction.

/rest edited and moved to its own thread in Hot Topics. ;)

Shellshock1918
09-26-2007, 09:57 PM
From the Article:

In the incident, Paul's supporters taunted former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani for alleged complicity in the attacks.

This needs to stop. Guys what ever your opinions on 9/11 are, keep them to yourselves until this is all over. It is going to hurt RP because the vast majority of Americans don't believe it was an inside job.

FSP-Rebel
09-26-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm kicking myself for not getting my own video of this. These 9-11 comments were virtually non-existant to any 'objective' outsider.

propanes
09-26-2007, 10:13 PM
The article probably overstates how many truthers there were. It doesn't mention how Giuliani loudly snickered at the Fox debate when Ron Paul was asked questions.

TheIndependent
09-26-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm kicking myself for not getting my own video of this. These 9-11 comments were virtually non-existant to any 'objective' outsider.

That's fine, but certain folks are listening precisely for this kind of thing. It wouldn't be so much an issue if this campaign were at critical mass and 20 points higher in the polls, but with the differences between Paul and the rest of the field, expect any static to be amplified by a factor of 100.

john_anderson_ii
09-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Wow! That article was nothing but 2nd hand bias! Seriously, it was a report based on the Detroit Free Press report, which was completely biased!

There could have been 100,000 Ron Paul supporters on that ferry all chanting "Ron Paul", and 1 guy chanting "9/11 was an inside job", and the 9/11 truther angle would still be the focal point of the story. How the maritime administrator managed to cram 100,000 people on a ferry would not be raised as a question. The sheer number of people chanting for Ron Paul would not be on camera. All that would be on camera is 1 lonely guy heckling Rudy. That's they way the MSM has played, thats the way they are going to play, and its something we have to deal with.

tmg19103
09-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Well, the reporter ran with the Michigan ferry Truther stuff after being at a Chicago rally for RP where Truthers were handing stuff out. He seemed fair enough even though he went on a second hand report from the Detroit paper.

I got the impression from the reporter in the Yahoo story that he was sincere - that RP has a message, but people will get turned off if Truthers are handing out literature at RP rallies. I disagree with the reporter that the campaign needs to make an offical statement, but the campaign eventually will if all this Truther stuff keeps going on at rallies and keeps getting reported, and then RP will REALLY look bad.

I respect the right of Tuthers to have their beliefs, just as I would hope they respect my belief that I do not believe 911 was an inside job (though Bush and the government may have had more intelligence info on the possibility of the attack than they are letting on to).

But let me say this - if I were undecided and I decided to check out an RP rally and I was handed Truther stuff, I would probably not even bother to take RP seriously.

That is no disrespect to Truthers, but realize that RP's OFFICIAL position is that 911 was not an inside job. If I was undecided and went to some other candidates rally, and people started handing me literature on something I disagree with that is not part of the candidate's platform, I could well equate it with the candidate because it is being handed to me at his rally and be turned off to the candidate.

That is the message I got from the Yahoo article - more so than what happened on the ferry, which as a stand alone is actually pretty funny and Rudy got what he deserved.

Let's stick to ONLY handing out stuff and talking about stuff at RP rallies that are part of his OFFICIAL PLATFORM - and I mean this as no offense to Truthers and with respect to their right to have their views. I'm pro-choice, but I have no desire to hand out pro-choice stuff at an RP rally as it is against the platform which is RP personally being pro-life with the belief that Roe v. Wade should be overturned because it is unconstitutional and the states should decide on that issue.

Let's all think of what is in RP's best interest and support his platform. This campaign is REALLY taking off and it will REALLY be under the microscope now as the MSM that used to ignore RP will seek to do anything to marginalize him.

fourameuphoria
09-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Goddamnit, now Brit Hume posted it on FOX News' website.