PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't RP have more people working for him?

Noog
09-26-2007, 07:07 PM
I read in the other thread that RP has a small, overworked staff. I assumed people were knocking down his door to work for free. Am I wrong?

Lord Xar
09-26-2007, 07:10 PM
money.... McCain went broke because he overhired, and over spent....

It is a balancing act. When you hire someone, you gotta figure -- ok, that is 40K right there... that was half of last nights fundraising etc....... Plus, you can't hire just anyone........

I think it is a money issue really.

mport1
09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
He could definitely use a couple more people on staff and take the dent in cash on hand.

Michael Ingram
09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
I would work for him for free, too bad I'm in high school.

apropos
09-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Everyone here is working for him. :cool:

reduen
09-26-2007, 07:12 PM
I read in the other thread that RP has a small, overworked staff. I assumed people were knocking down his door to work for free. Am I wrong?

I would work for him for free.. :)

ronpaulitician
09-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Maybe after the third quarter "cash on hand" numbers come out, he can spend some of it.

RonFan1776
09-26-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm working for our country.

Duckman
09-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah. Remember, Ron Paul may have gotten more money than any other 2nd tier candidate, but he doesn't have BIG money, and he's a frugal kind of person anyway, so I'm sure he has a small, dedicated staff. They just are probably swamped because I don't think they even realized they would be this big, this fast, and have to fight this HARD, to stay in and WIN. I mean, when Ron Paul pulls this off, this will be a serious one for the history books.

With all the massive money the campaign has been pulling in lately, and I assure you, it is MASSIVE, he might be able to hire some ex McCain folks. :D ...if we want them. :eek:

jonahtrainer
09-26-2007, 07:18 PM
money.... McCain went broke because he overhired, and over spent....

It is a balancing act. When you hire someone, you gotta figure -- ok, that is 40K right there... that was half of last nights fundraising etc....... Plus, you can't hire just anyone........

I think it is a money issue really.

A bad employee can cause more trouble than 10 good employees can repair. McCain is a good example.

I heard 'Ron Paul isn't running this campaign, the Internet is running Ron Paul as a candidate.'

The sooner we realize this campaign is being done by the People and not Ron Paul and his staff, etc. the better off we will be. We can all do a lot of work for him.

It is great for the campaign to outsource the labor. Then when some Meetup group or individual does something stupid the campaign can say 'Well, a lot of people associate with me because of my views but I don't have to accept or endorse theirs.' Much better than 'XXXXX has been fired because he was soliciting gay sex in a public park and got arrested.'

Ron Paul can speak for himself with YouTube. Newspaper articles etc. can all be done based on what he has already said. Candidates should not run their people, People should run their candidates.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the process.

Kregener
09-26-2007, 07:32 PM
...when Ron Paul pulls this off, this will be a serious one for the history books.

Boy howdy! You said a MOUTHFUL there my friend!

singapore_sling
09-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Yeah I wish there was some official campaign work I could do. Im a high school senior and it would be awesome to put on my college resume that I worked for the greatest candidate of the times.

Dan Klaus
09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
'Ron Paul isn't running this campaign, the Internet is running Ron Paul as a candidate.'

Amen..and worth repeating...

chiefsmurph
09-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Absolutely. I'm sure there are a ton of people who would be willing to respond to people and say "Yes, go right ahead and print in your newspaper about how great RP is." Doesn't exactly take a genius.

hard@work
09-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah I wish there was some official campaign work I could do. Im a high school senior and it would be awesome to put on my college resume that I worked for the greatest candidate of the times.

I'd imagine if he could ask your to do something for the day he'd say among many other things that perhaps you could print out some flyers and hand them out. But before that, he'd ask you to study your talking points and the objections that may arise.

You can start here:

http://www.RonPaulLibrary.com

Then print out some material and get canvasing!

chiefsmurph
09-26-2007, 07:41 PM
But saying you canvassed flyers for RP is as impressive as you answered calls for RP...or as official.

paulitics
09-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Amen..and worth repeating...

I agree. Thats why we need to wake up and realize we have to focus on NH now! Not rely on headquarters.

constituent
09-26-2007, 07:47 PM
i wonder how tied the official campaign is to the D.C. area
as the exclusive headquarters. i thought about applying with
the campaign when he first announced, but decided against it
b/c hey, i couldn't afford to move to D.C. anyway (nor would i
want to really). Now, if i could just go up the road to his
office on Mockingbird here in Victoria and pitch in w/ some
"official" effort that'd be awesome... i know several (more
than capable) folks right here in his congressional district
that would do the same.

I say Victoria in particular just 'cuz the office already exists,
they could really set something up anywhere w/ even bare-bones
effort/infrastructure.

LibertyEagle
09-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah, they already have 3 people on their Texas Presidential campaign staff. I wonder where they're working out of?

constituent
09-26-2007, 07:51 PM
they sent an e-mail out awhile back, but i'd already kinda abandoned
the idea by then so i didn't chase it down.. probably should have, i'll
try to find that e-mail for you and pm the text over.

hard@work
09-26-2007, 08:06 PM
But saying you canvassed flyers for RP is as impressive as you answered calls for RP...or as official.

Oh? I had someone come up and practically hug me for my bumper sticker. I'd imagine if I was handing out flyers there would be no stopping that hug.

Just sayin, I'm impressed.

abstrusezincate
09-26-2007, 08:10 PM
It is an issue though. I really wish they'd get more materials out to the groups. I think that would get them more supporters, which would get them more money, which would get them in a better position.

Stealth4
09-26-2007, 08:14 PM
you cant hire another Ron Paul

constituent
09-26-2007, 08:22 PM
no luck on the e-mail libertyeagle... here, help me get the attention of a certain moderator that had posted contact info. for another individual working on an
organized project in state...

HEY BRYAN OR JOSH... WHAT'S THE STORY IN TX W/ THE STATE COORDINATORS?

Elwar
09-26-2007, 08:25 PM
He can hire more people if we donate more:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

constituent
09-26-2007, 08:34 PM
What's up San Antonio?

did you get e-mail awhile back about the
hiring of the Texas state coordinators that
included their contact info.?

if so, could you PM the text to LibertyEagle
and/or myself???

V-rod
09-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I signed up for just his website newsletter long a go but only recently put on the site that I'll volunteer for the campaign. Haven't been sent anything yet regarding that.