PDA

View Full Version : Donating Because I'm Angry - NSFW

Eli
09-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Alright so i'm pretty pissed off right now. Can you guess what I'm pissed at?

At work today something odd happened with our credit card processing machines. For some reason all the transactions from last week wouldn't batch through. Not too big a deal. So we called the merchant services company to find out what went wrong. blah blah blah. "we need you to rerun all the cards." of course thats impossible the customers are gone with their items...err OUR items. So we asked why they can't just rerun the numbers through, guess what response we got.

"Our company and your machines no longer store the card numbers so the transaction ids are worthless."

Why not is the natural question.

"We can't hold any information about any cc purchases anymore because the Patriot Act gives the government full access without warrants to all that information to do with as they please anytime they want. So to protect the card holders privacy we are no longer allowed to hold any transaction information they make. Sorry last week's card transactions are gone."

So here's the way I fuckin' see it! <-sorry for the cussing

Bushy boy owes me about 6 figures worth of cash. Except that tyrannical fuck isn't going to get a damn dime of it! Instead i'm going to attempt to pony up the exact amount I lost and through close friends and the people who work for me and donate it all to the ONE guy who plans on getting rid of that mother fucking abomination of our civil rights!

Up until now it was just a thorn in my morals, now its a dent directly in my wallet. Ya know what happens when an employee steals from me? They get fired and arrested. I've never been one to stand for thievery and the government is no exception. Although i've been a pretty avid supporter, now I'm pissed off and ready to get down and dirty serious about Ron Paul and his candidacy. Please people we need to do everything we can to get Ron Paul elected. I can't take another year of this shit! Little alone another 5 years. So my mission this week is to get all that money i lost to Paul. Your mission this week is to help me raise money and raise awareness about him.

Lets take these assholes down!

ps. once again, sorry for the excessive cussing :mad:

Mr. White
09-26-2007, 07:02 PM
I nominate you best of show for today

CoreyBowen999
09-26-2007, 07:02 PM
hey, if i was in your position I would be pissed off too. Sorry that happend. LETS TAKE THEM DOWN :mad:

Dustancostine
09-26-2007, 07:05 PM
How did they not give you the money they owed you?

FunkBuddha
09-26-2007, 07:05 PM
So, which credit card company was that?

At least they're trying to protect their customers from the prying eyes of King George.

Chester Copperpot
09-26-2007, 07:06 PM

At work today something odd happened with our credit card processing machines. For some reason all the transactions from last week wouldn't batch through. So we called the merchant services company to find out what went wrong. blah blah blah. "we need you to rerun all the cards." of course thats impossible the customers are gone with their items...err OUR items. So we asked why they can't just rerun the numbers through, guess what response we got.

"Our company and your machines no longer store the card numbers so the transaction ids are worthless."

"We can't hold any information about any cc purchases anymore because the Patriot Act gives the government full access without warrants to all that information to do with as they please anytime they want. So to protect the card holders privacy we are no longer allowed to hold any transaction information they make. Sorry last week's card transactions are gone."

Bushy boy owes me about 6 figures worth of cash. Except that tyrannical fuck isn't going to get a damn dime of it! Instead i'm going to attempt to pony up the exact amount I lost and through close friends and the people who work for me and donate it all to the ONE guy who plans on getting rid of that mother fucking abomination of our civil rights!

Up until now it was just a thorn in my morals, now its a dent directly in my wallet. Ya know what happens when an employee steals from me? They get fired and arrested. I've never been one to stand for thievery and the government is no exception. Please people we need to do everything we can to get Ron Paul elected. I can't take another year of this shit! Little alone another 5 years. So my mission this week is to get all that money i lost to Paul. Your mission this week is to help me raise money and raise awareness about him.

That really sucks man.. Im in business too.. i feel for ya.. fucking patriot act.. yeah now places like restaurants can be deemed 'banking institutions' and cough up all that data without a warrant...

klamath
I feel your pain. I am in business too and that would be a painful loss.

Ron Paul Fan
You are pissed and for the right reasons, unlike someone else on this forum who is currently angry about something very petty. You have realized that the fight for liberty is what we're really fighting for here. Not whether or not Ron Paul says the word neo-con and not whether or not HQ returns our phone calls. We need to follow Eli's lead and keep donating and keep fighting for freedom and liberty or legislation like the Patriot Act will continue to take those things away from us. Good for you for donating and for sticking behind Ron Paul in his greatest time of need. You are a true patriot and champion of liberty.

ctb619
09-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Your mission this week is to help me raise money and raise awareness about him.

Quote of the century.

ItsTime
09-26-2007, 07:07 PM
you dont batch out everyday? but still THAT SUCKS

Duckman
09-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Wow. Sorry for you man, really sorry. :mad:

wolv275
09-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Here here!

rodent
09-26-2007, 07:11 PM

At work today something odd happened with our credit card processing machines. For some reason all the transactions from last week wouldn't batch through. Not too big a deal. So we called the merchant services company to find out what went wrong. blah blah blah. "we need you to rerun all the cards." of course thats impossible the customers are gone with their items...err OUR items. So we asked why they can't just rerun the numbers through, guess what response we got.

Up until now it was just a thorn in my morals, now its a dent directly in my wallet. Ya know what happens when an employee steals from me? They get fired and arrested. I've never been one to stand for thievery and the government is no exception. Although i've been a pretty avid supporter, now I'm pissed off and ready to get down and dirty serious about Ron Paul and his candidacy. Please people we need to do everything we can to get Ron Paul elected. I can't take another year of this shit! Little alone another 5 years. So my mission this week is to get all that money i lost to Paul. Your mission this week is to help me raise money and raise awareness about him.

This story does not compute. Where in the patriot act does it say a financial transaction processing company can't hold the information? If I go online, the credit card company clearly has a database with a listing of my transactions. I get the report. They obviously have a copy of my transaction information somewhere.

If it were me, I'd be on the phone with a lawyer. I don't know what their contract with you is, but if they fail to provide a service that you expect and have been paying for, they may be liable.

Eli
you dont batch out everyday? but still THAT SUCKS

yes i do, but it was a technical gap in our v id. \i won't get into it because its been a very long day of discussing it for hours over the phone. Basically, all the transactions went through, it appears as if the batches went through....it wasn't until today that they changed status and errored out. Sucks and complicated but it happened.

ronpaulyourmom
That's a god damn travesty. Lets do this.

Eli
09-26-2007, 07:13 PM
This story does not compute. Where in the patriot act does it say a financial transaction processing company can't hold the information? If I go online, the credit card company clearly has a database with a listing of my transactions. I get the report. They obviously have a copy of my transaction information somewhere.

If it were me, I'd be on the phone with a lawyer. I don't know what their contract with you is, but if they fail to provide a service that you expect and have been paying for, they may be liable.

we're not talking about credit card companies we're talking about merchant services buddy. Today is not the day to nitpick and call bullshit on me.....zen......zen
...breathe in...breathe out.

sorry not a personal attack on you...i just may loose it.

EvilTwinkie
09-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Besides, I think hes saying that merchant services effectively counteracts the patriot act by not holding the information. If the government asks them for it, they dont have it.

Also, that really sucks. Sounds like youre a recourceful fella and will bounce back quickly.

Dustancostine
09-26-2007, 07:50 PM
I am really sorry, that really sucks. I own a business and if I lost a weeks worth of batches, I would be screwed. I would also be about ready to kill someone.

--Dustan

krott5333
09-26-2007, 07:51 PM
the convenience store I work at batches about once every couple hours

DjLoTi
09-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Great to have you on board!!

Mani
09-26-2007, 08:58 PM
At our office our IT director is absolutely terrified of holding onto credit card info for more than a bit after a customer makes an online purchase.

I don't work on that, but I regularly hear him freaking out over credit card data being in our system after a purchase for more than a little while.

Eli
09-26-2007, 10:05 PM
thanks for the sympathy guys. its not so much the money as the thought behind it.
this definitely bears the question...should US businesses HAVE to take measures to protect their customers from the government? It's a weird way of thinking, but its happening believe it or not.

rodent
09-26-2007, 10:26 PM
we're not talking about credit card companies we're talking about merchant services buddy. Today is not the day to nitpick and call bullshit on me.....zen......zen
...breathe in...breathe out.

sorry not a personal attack on you...i just may loose it.

Sorry, I incorrectly assumed merchant services was just some division of the cc company.

born2drv
09-26-2007, 10:52 PM
It does suck..... because of the patriot act I have to fill out a stupid form revealing who I do business with, the nature of my business, etc, to every single supplier I buy from. I'm in the jewelry business.

That really sucks with your processor, I feel your pain man although it's never happened to me I've had credit card fraud before.

I hope you're able to recover your money somehow.

My sales batch everyday you may want to look into something like that. Best of luck.

ghemminger
09-26-2007, 11:02 PM
This frking sucks!!! I pissed for yoU!