PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Dollars

Jordan
09-26-2007, 05:14 PM
I dont know how many of you are familiar with the idea of http://www.wheresgeorge.com but I am suggesting a similar idea for Ron Paul

Wheres George is a site that tracks where dollar bills travel by user submitted data. The bills are stamped or written on to get the end receiver to go online and submit their location and where they received the bill then send it on its way.

I'm suggesting that perhaps we, Ron Paul supporters, start writing phrases such as "Back this dollar with gold, Vote Ron Paul" or "Bring my value back, Ron Paul 2008" on each dollar bill.

With the amount of bills that circulate through our hands daily in the hands of the 4000 supporters here, Ron Paul could get a lot of publicity from those who inspect their money.

Any thoughts?

Stealth4
09-26-2007, 05:16 PM
He's new, go easy

Jordan (Im pretty new too), many people have been doing this for months. It is illegal to deface currency. I dont think too many people here to it, but I dont know.

erowe1
09-26-2007, 05:18 PM
It's not illegal to stamp Ron Paul stuff on currency. The currency is still good as long as both serial numbers can still be read.

Jordan
09-26-2007, 05:18 PM
He's new, go easy

Jordan (Im pretty new too), many people have been doing this for months. It is illegal to deface currency. I dont think too many people here to it, but I dont know.

Well thats the thing, deface is defined as something that makes the currency unacceptable for future circulation. WheresGeorge gets by because the writing doesn't 100% qualify for defacing.

Nonetheless, written on dollars might not be what we want to promote. I'm just bringing it up for discussion

Corydoras
09-26-2007, 05:27 PM
You do know about ronpaulstamps.com and ronpaulstamp.com?

Jordan
09-26-2007, 05:30 PM
You do know about ronpaulstamps.com and ronpaulstamp.com?

I do now :D

Thanks for the info.

McDermit
09-26-2007, 05:52 PM
I write "Revive the Constitution - Join the Ron Paul Revolution!" on the top back margin of $2 bills. The bottom back margin always say "www.RonPaul2008.com"

Then the front have my usualy wheresgeorge stamp.

People always take a closer look at 2's... and the fact that the back is a painting of the signing of the declaration doesn't hurt.

ZandarKoad
09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I've been using the ronpaulstamp.com version for about two months now, along with both my married sisters. Together we put into circulation at least 50 assorted bills daily with Ron Paul's name on them. It's a great way to get recognition. People ACTUALLY DO look him up on the internet from the stamp.

And no, it's not defacing the dollar.