PDA

View Full Version : Just received a recorded RP and CFL call!

zach
08-05-2009, 05:10 PM
On my cell phone of all things..

The number has called my phone quite a few times, and I never knew who/what it was until now.

I'm still listening to it.. must be 10 minutes long or something!

I can't pledge that much though.

Matt Collins
08-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Me too. I think it's kind of sad they used someone who can't speak good English to do the message. That put a bad taste in my mouth and probably others too feel the same way.

zach
08-05-2009, 05:17 PM
I felt kind of rude to hang up after the whole message, but I didn't want to give out extra info for the time being.

How can they get my cell phone number though? :confused:

CasualApathy
08-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Me too. I think it's kind of sad they used someone who can't speak good English to do the message. That put a bad taste in my mouth and probably others too feel the same way.

Why would that put a bad taste in your mouth?

Was it hard to understand what was being said or what? :confused:

Matt Collins
08-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Why would that put a bad taste in your mouth? Because it sounded like the guy was in India. :mad:

Was it hard to understand what was being said or what? :confused:Yes it was.

kahless
08-05-2009, 06:06 PM
My message sounded like an American operator that asked if I wanted to be transferred to a recorded message of Ron Paul and John Tate. I think it was about a 10 minute message listening to those guys. After it played another native operator came back on and asked if I support HR 1207 by filling out some form for my 2 senators and sending it back in with a $200 donation.

I said yes that I will contact my senators directy but could not afford the $200 and not to push it. I got another speech about it and asked for my support with a $200 donation again. I think it was 3 times I told her I am not donating $200.

Draco33
08-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Got the same thing .. 1st guy just tansfered me to the message. The a lady got on and ask if she could mail the form to protest to my senators. I then gave $100 not $200 (considering I give $25 a month to CFL), heck I'm fixing to give $100 to Shiff and $100 to Rand this month. I think $300 in one month doing my fair share. I'll give more in a few months to Rand and Shiff.

jmag
08-05-2009, 06:39 PM
I got it too. I couldn't do the $200 right now but I pledged $50. Don't let what their asking prevent you from giving something.

tremendoustie
08-05-2009, 06:48 PM
I gave $10. I support the CFL, but I feel there are better places for my money right now. Many people are aware of and support the CFL, but there are a lot of smaller grassroots efforts that could do more with less, and deserve support.

speciallyblend
08-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Because it sounded like the guy was in India. :mad:

Yes it was.

thank nafta;)

would help if they put ron pauls name on caller id. i told them thank you but didn't want to waste their time and money and i told them i am up to date on the issues and helping liberty candidates!!

speciallyblend
08-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Got the same thing .. 1st guy just tansfered me to the message. The a lady got on and ask if she could mail the form to protest to my senators. I then gave $100 not $200 (considering I give $25 a month to CFL), heck I'm fixing to give $100 to Shiff and $100 to Rand this month. I think $300 in one month doing my fair share. I'll give more in a few months to Rand and Shiff.

you have done more then most can! i only wish i could donate that much. i hope others can pick up the slack since i am flat out broke!