PDA

View Full Version : Republican National Hispanic Assembly

Bradley in DC
08-05-2009, 02:31 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 5, 2009

Phone: 571-276-3109
RNHA Convention Update - Former Attorney General Gonzales Joins Other Prominent Speakers to Address RNHA Convention

Dear Friends,

We have the pleasure of announcing that former U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales has agreed to address the upcoming bi-annual RNHA national convention. The first Hispanic Attorney General, and thus the highest ranking Hispanic federal official in US history, Gonzales also served as White House Counsel, Texas Supreme Court Justice and Texas Secretary of State.

General Gonzales joins a spectacular line up of guest speakers, including RNC Chairman Michael Steele, Former U.S. Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez, Virginia Gubernatorial Candidate Bob McDonnell, and several others who will participate on panel discussions.

The convention takes place in Northern Virginia from August 13 to 15. We urge all those who have not yet registered to do so no later than Friday, August 7. The following linking takes you to the registration page – http://rnha.org/upcoming_event%20RNHA%20Convention.htm.

The convention is also our opportunity to elect the new leadership board of the RNHA. The two candidates for National Chairman are encouraging folks to attend and have made the following statements:

Alci Maldonado - “Nothing brings me more pleasure than to invite each of you to join us at the RNHA national convention with great guest speakers and fascinating panels. I encourage all of you to partake in this historic moment; to enjoy not only the fellowship with each other, but a rare chance to receive words of wisdom from our special guests. Hispanic American Republicans can play a vital role in shaping the future of the electorate, our Party and our Country. I look forward to seeing all of you at our National Convention!”

Rick Rios – “I am thankful we have an opportunity to exercise open and fair democracy within the RNHA. I encourage all to attend the RNHA national convention and let your voices be heard. We will be deciding how to address the most important issues facing this nation. As leaders in your communities, your voice and opinions will shape the RNHA, but you have to participate to be heard. I encourage everyone to attend this year’s national convention. Regardless of where you stand on any single race or issue, be part of the solution, participate, and make a difference!”

We look forward to a fabulous convention and hope to see you there.

Best regards,

Danny

###

The mission of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly is to build a membership organization to foster the principles of the Republican Party in the Hispanic community, provide Hispanic Americans with a forum to play an influential role in local, state, and national Party activities, increase the number of Hispanic Republican elected officials, and create and maintain a network of Hispanic Republican leaders.

acptulsa
08-05-2009, 02:35 PM
No, the Republican Party is still not more colorblind than the Democratic Party. They both exercise racial division right in plain sight within their ranks.

I don't personally think I'd join any club that would have Alberto Gonzalez as a member. But then, I guess I have...

Yuk.

Bradley in DC
08-05-2009, 03:16 PM
I don't personally think I'd join any club that would have Alberto Gonzalez as a member. But then, I guess I have...

Yuk.

:)