PDA

View Full Version : Worst News Channels in US TV media

Liberty Star
08-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Which TV media outlets make the top 3 list of most ignoromous/deceiving/damaging as far as US public interests go?

1. Faux news

2. MSNBC/CNBC

?

acptulsa
08-05-2009, 02:31 PM
CNN!!

Every time I overhear a few moments of their spin, I get sick. And even if it's playing in the background of some restaurant or whatever, there's no way on earth to be in the presence of it for three minutes without having your intelligence insulted by their obvious and pitiful spin...

500grains
08-05-2009, 02:42 PM
NPR - bunch of liars

Gwen Eiffel (sp?)

acptulsa
08-05-2009, 02:43 PM
NPR - bunch of liars

Gwen Eiffel (sp?)...

...would appear on PBS. If she worked NPR, you probably wouldn't know what she looks like...

kahless
08-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Which TV media outlets make the top 3 list of most ignoromous/deceiving/damaging as far as US public interests go?

1. Faux news

2. MSNBC/CNBC

?

I would have put Foxnews #1 during the primary last year but not now. They do have Beck, Judge, etc and some reporting cross over for Conservative - Libertarian views. Although they have been quite damaging to us, big government guys like Neocon Hannity and blue dog O'Rielly occasionally now touch favorable to some of our issues which is more than you can say for other networks and newspapers. (despite the past and as much as I cannot forgive that phony pretend Conservative - Hannity).

My list:

#1 GE - MSNBC, CNBC and the entire NBC news division is clearly #1 as the most ignoromous/deceiving/damaging as far as US public interests go.
#2. Viacom MTV Networks (includes Comedy Central)
#3. CNN
#4. CBS
#5. ABC
#6. HBO (Bill Maher) and PBS tie for #6
#7. Foxnews despite having Judge and Beck they are listed because of Sean Hannity and the networks continual support of Neocons and Neoconservative values. They continue to promote Newt, Romney and Huckabee. Karl Rove is their political analyst, give me a break. :rolleyes:

MsDoodahs
08-05-2009, 03:56 PM
We don't have news channels.

We have government controlled channels.

:(

brandon
08-05-2009, 03:58 PM
NPR should be #1

nayjevin
08-05-2009, 04:08 PM

1. Faux news

2. MSNBC/CNBC

?

They all play their part to make the medium illegitimate. Each channel draws a certain audience to keep that person in the bubble. Bill Maher is supposed to be our Libertarian voice lol

NPR is for those aware of war crimes and blind to environmental issues, etc

Liberty Star
08-05-2009, 04:29 PM
CNN!!

Every time I overhear a few moments of their spin, I get sick. And even if it's playing in the background of some restaurant or whatever, there's no way on earth to be in the presence of it for three minutes without having your intelligence insulted by their obvious and pitiful spin...

CNN has just become plain bad TV in my very limited sampling, at least Fox and MSNBC have occasionally some attention grabbing crap and hot dumb babes and production gimicks. It just slipped from my list altogether.

NPR - bunch of liars

Gwen Eiffel (sp?)

NPR should be #1

NPR is so dull except for quick financial news summary on the raod. But I've found PBS to be mixed bag, some pretty informative, some pretty bad. E.g,. Bill Moyers on PBS is very good and informed, he used to host RP way before it became fashionable to do so and for serious talk:

YouTube - Ron Paul Invasion of Iraq War 2002 (Pt. 1of2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEBfB2R7azo)

YouTube - BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Ron Paul | PBS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2r29HcH5nA)

I would have put Foxnews #1 during the primary last year but not now. They do have Beck, Judge, etc and some reporting cross over for Conservative - Libertarian views. Although they have been quite damaging to us, big government guys like Neocon Hannity and blue dog O'Rielly occasionally now touch favorable to some of our issues which is more than you can say for other networks and newspapers. (despite the past and as much as I cannot forgive that phony pretend Conservative - Hannity).

My list:

#1 GE - MSNBC, CNBC and the entire NBC news division is clearly #1 as the most ignoromous/deceiving/damaging as far as US public interests go.
#2. Viacom MTV Networks (includes Comedy Central)
#3. CNN
#4. CBS
#5. ABC
#6. HBO (Bill Maher) and PBS tie for #6
#7. Foxnews despite having Judge and Beck they are listed because of Sean Hannity and the networks continual support of Neocons and Neoconservative values. They continue to promote Newt, Romney and Huckabee. Karl Rove is their political analyst, give me a break. :rolleyes:

Beck, O riled-up Rielly, Hannity all are neocons imo like most of mothreship fox channel, I would have to disagree there. They have done more damage to American public's already dumbed down awareness than others, them recently raising flag against Obama off and on is no where near enough to wash their sins of helping get America where it is today.

They all play their part to make the medium illegitimate. Each channel draws a certain audience to keep that person in the bubble. Bill Maher is supposed to be our Libertarian voice lol

NPR is for those aware of war crimes and blind to environmental issues, etc

Good point, except that MH makes a bad libertarian. He supported spending US tax dollars for Israeli wars if I'm not mistaken. On Iraq, he seems confused with wide randing mood swings.

We don't have news channels.

We have government controlled channels.

:(

I would have used money-interest/gov controlled but good point.

emazur
08-05-2009, 05:16 PM
When judging the broadcast news channels, this should help: How media bias promoted history's biggest spending bill
http://www.businessandmedia.org/specialreports/2009/Spending/spending-fullreport.asp
it was a one-sided debate at best with pro-stimulus voices overwhelming critics by more than a 2-to-1 margin. ABC's liberal economist lineup was the worst: a 9-to-1 margin!

kahless
08-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Beck, O riled-up Rielly, Hannity all are neocons imo like most of mothreship fox channel, I would have to disagree there. They have done more damage to American public's already dumbed down awareness than others, them recently raising flag against Obama off and on is no where near enough to wash their sins of helping get America where it is today..

I thought that was what I said however believe Beck and Judge have done more good than harm. Despite the issues we have with them they are still less hostile to our beliefs compared to an MSNBC.

Shortly after I posted I watched the O'Rielly segment tonight about the protesters being plants. :mad: That brought it all back and realize despite the positives I should have put FNC higher on the list.

Anti Federalist
08-05-2009, 06:25 PM
All of them?

Eric Arthur Blair
08-05-2009, 06:33 PM
CNN International is ok. They realy hate Iran though.