PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone in General Politics Sub-Forum not pledged for the 2 money bombs?

Michigan11
08-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Why and who are you?

Michigan11
08-04-2009, 10:14 PM
I have signed up for both money bombs.......

I'm also promoting them daily....

youngbuck
08-04-2009, 10:20 PM
I haven't signed up for them because I'm not giving $100. Prolly only $20-30 to each.

Michigan11
08-04-2009, 10:22 PM
I haven't signed up for them because I'm not giving $100. Prolly only $20-30 to each.

Nice.... that is awesome..

disorderlyvision
08-04-2009, 10:31 PM

That.... and they both need to "officially" declare their entry into the race before I give them money. When they are officially candidates, I will officially donate. I donated to both RJ Harris and Kokesh, as they are officially running. I will do the same for Rand and Schiff

Michigan11
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM
That.... and they both need to "officially" declare their entry into the race before I give them money. When they are officially candidates, I will officially donate. I donated to both RJ Harris and Kokesh, as they are officially running. I will do the same for Rand and Schiff

That is understandable....

Rand is supposed to be declaring tomorrow..

Good to hear you will be giving what u can.:)

tremendoustie
08-05-2009, 01:07 AM
I'll be donating probably about $30 each, so I didn't sign up.

qwerty
08-05-2009, 01:32 AM
I LIVE IN EUROPE! :(

BUT I`M PROMOTING BOTH MONEYBOMBS AS HARD AS I CAN!

:cool:

olehounddog
08-05-2009, 02:56 AM
My wife and I are going to give. We just don't have a C-note to pledge. My $100- $150 weekly take home income over the past couple of months has put a crimp in my style.

youngbuck
08-05-2009, 03:34 AM
I LIVE IN EUROPE! :(

BUT I`M PROMOTING BOTH MONEYBOMBS AS HARD AS I CAN!

:cool:

Where in Europe? And thanks for promoting the money bombs.;)

qwerty
08-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Bump!

brandon
08-05-2009, 07:00 AM
I didn't sign up on the Schiff one because I don't want those bastards at revolution broadcasting having my email address

carnikava
08-05-2009, 07:48 AM
from Europe as well...

silverhandorder
08-05-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm going to Rand fundraiser in NYC.

brandon
08-05-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm going to Rand fundraiser in NYC.

I'm jealous! Wish I could go. I was considering it, but NYC is about a 2.5 hour drive for me and I don't get off work until 5.

Tell us how it went when you get home tonight.

dr. hfn
08-05-2009, 08:42 AM
I didn't sign up on the Schiff one because I don't want those bastards at revolution broadcasting having my email address

why are they bastards?!

MRoCkEd
08-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Pledged for both, donating to both

Austin
08-05-2009, 08:56 AM
I have not pledged to Schiff's because I cannot donate $100 to him..

I have pledged for Rand's and I am heavily promoting it as well.

RevolutionSD
08-05-2009, 09:00 AM
No, I don't believe in voting or elections, period.

AbolishTheGovt
08-05-2009, 12:22 PM

Schiff's officially declaring depends on how many donations he gets on the 7th. Schiff has pledged to return all donations if he decides not to declare, so you might as well join in the moneybomb. Then, if he does declare, your donation will go toward his campaign, and if he doesn't, he'll give it back to you.

JenH88
08-05-2009, 12:50 PM
My wife and I are going to give. We just don't have a C-note to pledge. My $100- $150 weekly take home income over the past couple of months has put a crimp in my style.

Us too man...since May.. sucks sometimes..

We'll give what we can for sure..

No1ButPaul08
08-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I didn't sign up on the Schiff one because I don't want those bastards at revolution broadcasting having my email address.

Wise decision. They got mine either from PEAC or the original Schiffbomb. I have received 7 emails from them (well Retake Congress) in less than a week.

pcosmar
08-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Would a pledge require actual money? or do you just want an empty promise?

It would be nice to be able to support this. But it would also be nice to have a job.
:(

nayjevin
08-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Would a pledge require actual money? or do you just want an empty promise?

It would be nice to be able to support this. But it would also be nice to have a job.
:(

hahah... I feel for ya... a few hours of diggs, facebook posts, bumps, and emails to friends would probably cover your $100 easy :)

nayjevin
08-05-2009, 02:20 PM

I actually agree with you. For many people $100 bucks would be better spent on gardening seeds or ammo.

But I do believe, for almost everyone, some amount of money is worth sending to our best candidates, even if they all lose.

- every dollar helps a message get out to a few more people, through town halls, speeches, debates, commercials, etc. Possibly not as effectively as if one used that dollar to do so on their own, each should decide.

- high donation totals are fodder for media attention. We heard many times that Ron believed the free media exposure from the money bombs far exceeded the value of the money donated to do it. Consider how much a TV ad costs. People who see it may or may not care about politics at all. A news story or TV interview reaches people who we already know are into politics. Similarly, a candidate on the campaign trail is always talking to people who are already interested in politics -- our target market.

- Time. There are many people who don't have time to help on much, and a donation to a liberty candidate is a decent way to make a difference. For these people in particular, it would be unlikely that money would be spent toward liberty in another way.

Anyway, on my limited budget, I will drop another $17.76 or so to each, but mostly I'll be spreading word about the candidates and their message, trying to draw in a few more people to our ideas. Who knows - a newspaper article about the money bomb may reach the next mover and shaker in our movement, and change the path of some developing neocons.

ChaosControl
08-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't do pledges. I donate if I donate, I don't if I don't. I'm not going to make any promises one way or another.

Michigan11
08-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Bumped

qwerty
08-06-2009, 01:15 AM
BUMP!

If you donīt want to pledge thatīs fine AS LONG AS YOU WILL DONATE! ;)

catdd
08-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Same here. I pledged to Rand some time ago, but the least you can donate to Schiff at this time is 100.00 which I probably won't do.
I'm thinking 50 each.

tremendoustie
08-06-2009, 08:32 AM

Oh c'mon, these people can do some good, you know it. I'm a voluntaryist, but efforts to make people more free should be supported, political or otherwise. How exactly did you get on board for liberty -- if you're like me, it had a lot to do with RP. Political efforts can be extremely effective.

tremendoustie
08-06-2009, 08:34 AM
I actually agree with you. For many people $100 bucks would be better spent on gardening seeds or ammo.

But I do believe, for almost everyone, some amount of money is worth sending to our best candidates, even if they all lose.

- every dollar helps a message get out to a few more people, through town halls, speeches, debates, commercials, etc. Possibly not as effectively as if one used that dollar to do so on their own, each should decide.

- high donation totals are fodder for media attention. We heard many times that Ron believed the free media exposure from the money bombs far exceeded the value of the money donated to do it. Consider how much a TV ad costs. People who see it may or may not care about politics at all. A news story or TV interview reaches people who we already know are into politics. Similarly, a candidate on the campaign trail is always talking to people who are already interested in politics -- our target market.

- Time. There are many people who don't have time to help on much, and a donation to a liberty candidate is a decent way to make a difference. For these people in particular, it would be unlikely that money would be spent toward liberty in another way.

Anyway, on my limited budget, I will drop another $17.76 or so to each, but mostly I'll be spreading word about the candidates and their message, trying to draw in a few more people to our ideas. Who knows - a newspaper article about the money bomb may reach the next mover and shaker in our movement, and change the path of some developing neocons.

Good points.

yongrel
08-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Nope. I'm done donating to campaigns.