PDA

View Full Version : Town Hall Questions... What Would You Ask List Please.

Objectivist
08-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Just thinking about which topic to ask a question about if I'm given a chance, although I have no problem blurting out whatever comes to mind. I figure if we work in concert and have the same questions asked in different regions it could further our cause.
This will be a list of suggestions and hopefully we can come to a conclusion of 2 or 3 real questions that should be asked.

Here's the email I received from my Congressman after emailing his ass for years and never receiving a response to any question.

August 3, 2009

Mr. Objectivist
Po Box ****
Monterey, California 93940

Dear Objectivist:

I would like to take this opportunity to pass along the schedule for my in-person town hall meetings this summer. As always, I encourage everyone to turn out to these meetings and ask questions.

Monterey Town Hall
Aug. 10, 6 p.m.
Monterey Institute of International Studies, Irvine Auditorium
499 Pierce St., Monterey

Santa Cruz Town Hall
Aug. 11, 6 p.m.
First Congregational Church
900 High St., Santa Cruz

Hollister Town Hall
Aug. 12, 6 p.m.
San Benito County Board of Supervisors Chambers
481 Fourth St., Hollister

Salinas Town Hall
Aug. 31, 6 p.m.
Salinas City Hall Rotunda
200 Lincoln Ave., Salinas

King City Town Hall
Sept. 2, 6 p.m.
King City Council Chambers
212 S. Vanderhurst Ave. King City

Watsonville Town Hall
Sept. 3, 6 p.m.
Watsonville City Council Chambers
275 Main St., 4th Floor, Watsonville

If you need more information on these meetings, feel free to call my Salinas office at 831-424-2229 or my Santa Cruz office at 831-429-1976.

Sincerely,
SAM FARR
Member of Congress

SF/tm

Please be sure to visit my website at www.farr.house.gov.

Bucjason
08-04-2009, 05:01 PM
What specific part of the constitution grants you this authority, Mr./mrs. Senator ??

Why are you violating your oath by ignoring the 10th amendment to the constitution??
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"

itshappening
08-04-2009, 05:06 PM
^ that's it right there...

phill4paul
08-04-2009, 05:10 PM
^ that's it right there...

seconded. Ask them what powers they think the general welfare encompasses and point out that the general welfare was meant to be relegated to enummerated powers!

Deborah K
08-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Great minds....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=203033

MsDoodahs
08-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Be advised that the Obamabots are ready for any attempt you make at actually questioning your critter.

They intend to silence all opposition.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/8/4/13836/02418

Forewarned is forearmed, I suppose.

Objectivist
08-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Be advised that the Obamabots are ready for any attempt you make at actually questioning your critter.

They intend to silence all opposition.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/8/4/13836/02418

Forewarned is forearmed, I suppose.

I'm 6'6" and not very friendly, so a liberal for lunch is a walk in the park.

I was thinking of a sign or an obscene finger gesture.:cool:
I also thought about bringing a copy of the US Constitution and asking where exactly did they find the part about forcing healthcare on me at gunpoint.:eek: