PDA

View Full Version : Rudy fires chief fundraiser

aknappjr
09-26-2007, 12:48 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/09/26/2007-09-26_rudy_giuliani_fires_chief_fundraiser.html

Chester Copperpot
09-26-2007, 12:50 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/09/26/2007-09-26_rudy_giuliani_fires_chief_fundraiser.html

Ut oh looks like Rudius Moneius troublism

UCFGavin
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
oh man, i would love to see him take a big hit in fundraising

njandrewg
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
this definetly means that Rudy raised less in Q3 than Q2. The question is how much less. I'm hoping for a mere 10 million

mavtek
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Great news!

Mr. White
I figure its just a token gesutre against the $9.11 thing

born2drv
this definetly means that Rudy raised less in Q3 than Q2. The question is how much less. I'm hoping for a mere 10 million

How much did the top GOP'ers raise last Q? Where can I get that info?

Ozwest
Very interesting. It's been a good couple of days for Ron.

Chester Copperpot

These guys tap out all their big $2,300 donators.. but I dont think they have widespread appeal.. This might explain rudy going for the $9.11 donations

Ron Paul Fan
09-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Good. This must be why he had to go to London to raise money and is having his company in Kazackstan raise money for him. He's not raising much here in the States so that's a very good sign! All indications are that Romney, McCain, and Thompson are struggling to raise funds too. They might all have numbers worse than last quarter while Dr. Paul has already said he's gotten more than last quarter. I wonder why that is.

MsDoodahs
09-26-2007, 12:58 PM

I'm thinking the same thing. That was a dumb move, highly offensive.

devil21
09-26-2007, 01:00 PM
How much did the top GOP'ers raise last Q? Where can I get that info?

http://opensecrets.org/pres08/index.asp

jonahtrainer
09-26-2007, 01:04 PM

Was it an officially sanctioned event or just some 'Rudy' supporters who did it?

I highly doubt anyone officially with the campaign would do something that stupid but I wouldn't put it past them. If they are not with the campaign then it isn't Rudy's fault. Just look at what all the 'Ron Paul supporters' have done.

specsaregood
09-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. White

At the same time, would this not signal complicity in that issue? Giuliani has gone out of his way to blame that fundraising effort on grassroots fundraisers, that it had NOTHING to do with the official campaign. So firing their internal fundraising guy as a result would be saying what exactly?

Santana28
09-26-2007, 01:08 PM
i kinda thought Rudy's campaign was being the most fiscally conservative other than Ron Paul's.... it always looked to me like he would get that big push upfront, and then was going to save it all for the final push so he's just been laying low. Maybe he's NOT been intentionally laying low - maybe his fundraising truly does suck?

This is gonna be crazy when they announce the Q3 results.

Mr. White
09-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Fair conclusion. Might be his way of cutting out all criticism. If people think it was Rudy's campagin or it was an individual, cutting his top fundraiser may nullify that.

I am grasping at straws a bit, but still possible.

drednot
09-26-2007, 01:27 PM
http://opensecrets.org/pres08/index.asp

Man, In Q2 Romney spent $32 million!!! To be only 3% ahead of Ron Paul....

WASH DC
09-26-2007, 02:54 PM
From NY Daily News

Exclusive

Rudy Giuliani fires chief fundraiser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By DAVID SALTONSTALL
DAILY NEWS SENIOR CORRESPONDENT

Wednesday, September 26th 2007, 12:51 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print Email Suggest a Story

In a sign of potential money woes, Rudy Giuliani has fired his presidential campaign's chief fundraiser and brought in a top rainmaker for President Bush, The Daily News has learned.

Anne Dunsmore, who took control of Giuliani's day-to-day fundraising operation in May, has been replaced by Jim Lee, a Texas money man and Bush ally who is already one of Giuliani's national finance co-chairs.

"Anne Dunsmore is no longer working on our campaign," Giuliani communications chief Katie Levinson confirmed. "We thank Anne for her service and the departure is amicable."

Added Dunsmore in a statement: "I continue to believe Rudy Giuliani is the strongest candidate in the race and I strongly support him for president."

Coming just days before Sunday's filing deadline, when candidates are expected to report how much money they've raised over the last three months, the departure suggests that Giuliani is less than happy with his most recent haul.

Insiders declined to estimate how much money the former mayor would report, saying only that they remained confident that Giuliani will have the resources he needs to get his message out.

But they suggested that Dunsmore's departure was less about money and more about personality differences and strategic visions within the campaign.

A former top fundraiser for California Gov. Pete Wilson - who is due to endorse Giuliani tomorrow in California - Dunsmore raised a hefty $17 million for Giuliani during the three months that ended July 1.

While considerably less than the top Democrats, that was more than any other Republican in that period and helped to establish Giuliani as the race's GOP front-runner.

With more than 30 years of fundraising experience and five presidential campaigns under her belt, Dunsmore was considered a good get for Giuliani, who may now have to worry about her going over to the other side.

In the past, she has worked closely with GOP rival Mitt Romney and has always said nice things about the former Massachusetts governor.

Chernitsky
09-26-2007, 02:55 PM
just post the link

WASH DC
09-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Sorry about the extraneous junk - just scroll down the page.

constituent
the funniest part is the JUST IN in your thread title...

they've already moved one, maybe two threads on this
very subject.

good effort though, "also participated."

hard@work
While considerably less than the top Democrats, that was more than any other Republican in that period and helped to establish Giuliani as the race's GOP front-runner.

Translation:

We want you to believe that money is what decides presidents.

Response:

Ok, then we'll beat you at your own game until we can make money a non-issue.

FrankRep
09-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Sorry about the extraneous junk - just scroll down the page.

edit your post.

WASH DC
09-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Sorry I didn't see it elsewhere.

FrankRep
09-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Maybe they should hire Ron Paul's fundraiser?

:)

hard@work
09-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Maybe they should hire Ron Paul's fundraiser?

:)

That's like what... 300,000 salaries? I don't think they can afford us.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-26-2007, 03:21 PM
do we even have a fund raiser? lol

RevolutionSD
09-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I predict Rudy's campaign will implode, Ross Perot style.

Elwar
09-26-2007, 03:48 PM
How much of this spin, plus Romney getting "sick" the last week of the month could just be part of putting out some low expectations.

Hillary already said Obama will probably have more money than her...

This is all standard. That's why throwing out numbers such as $5 million or more for Ron Paul are not good, especially if people start taking your word for it.

Chester Copperpot
09-26-2007, 03:49 PM
But Its GOING to be over $5 million