PDA

View Full Version : **Breaking** Cash for Clunkers Con = Car Dealers Stealing Millions in Bailouts?

ghemminger
08-04-2009, 10:35 AM
YouTube - **Breaking** Cash for Clunkers Con = Car Dealers Stealing Millions in Bailouts? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_S9XJlmlzI)

ravedown
08-04-2009, 10:54 AM
this war on cars is horrible-lets just burn money while we're at it. watch this disturbing CARS program video on how to destroy your car and try not to shudder as this beautiful turbo volvo screams for its life-and yes this is an official how-to video for dealers. something is definitely wrong with this.

YouTube - Volvo Cash for Clunkers Engine Disabling (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waj2KrKYTZo&feature=player_embedded)

angelatc
08-04-2009, 10:56 AM
The rules of the program say that cars valued at over $4,500 aren't eligible, but that doesn't seem to be a factor.

But cars aren't actually alive, you know.

ghemminger
08-04-2009, 10:58 AM
UNFRCKING believable

acptulsa
08-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Car dealers are shown government cash and they scheme to steal some? Could never happen!

As for cars being alive, they're designed and built by people. Not only does that care, craftsmanship and labor deserve a more lasting reward, but to crush a useful vehicle is to flat destroy wealth--and during a serious recession, too. But leave it to the government. I can think of another time the government led to beautifully crafted cars being destroyed, too...

http://www.turbinecar.com/burnfree.htm

wer
08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Insanity. That car was valuable and useful. A government that makes these kinds of decisions will not govern for long.

IPSecure
08-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Are the federally funded federal fracks investigating this for fraud?

acptulsa
08-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Are the federally funded federal fracks investigating this for fraud?

So far they seem too busy trying to borrow more money to waste...

Kraig
08-04-2009, 12:37 PM
They over pay for used cars and then destroy them, how destructive can you get? We would so much better off if they just burned the money, this is so pathetic - a cheap way to get struggling people to buy into their bullshit economic dependency.

Brian4Liberty
08-04-2009, 01:51 PM
We are in the old Soviet Union now. This is just like digging holes and then refilling them...

Feenix566
08-04-2009, 01:57 PM
This isn't really breaking news.... subsidies for failing industries are as old as government. The question is, how many more times does the idea have to fail before people figure out that it's a bad idea?

erowe1
08-04-2009, 02:07 PM
this war on cars is horrible-lets just burn money while we're at it.

Are you saying that it would be bad if our government burned money?

mcgraw_wv
08-04-2009, 02:11 PM
When you take the numbers, add another 2 billion worth of trade ins, you get an additional 4,237,000,000 in consumer debt. The total CARS result is 6,355,500,000 in additional consumer debt. This means the government took 3 million in tax payer money to give them an additional 6 billion in consumer debt. Now that my friend is a double edge sword.
http://www.reasonandliberty.com/post.cfm/inside-the-numbers-of-the-cars-program

torchbearer
08-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Are you saying that it would be bad if our government burned money?

it would be bad if they burned your money, or worse, burning the value of your money.

erowe1
08-04-2009, 02:20 PM
it would be bad if they burned your money, or worse, burning the value of your money.

If they burned just my money it would be bad. But if they took all their tax revenues, converted them to paper currency, and simply burned them all, rather than spending them on all the things they spend them on, it would be a vast improvement. The net effect would be as if they never collected them to begin with, except that there would result a slight redistribution of wealth from those in the high tax bracket to those in the low.

torchbearer
08-04-2009, 02:22 PM
If they burned just my money it would be bad. But if they took all their tax revenues and simply burned them, rather than spending them on all the things they spend them on, it would be a vast improvement. The net effect would be as if they never collected them to begin with, except that there would result a slight redistribution of wealth from those in the high tax bracket to those in the low.

the taxes you are talking about is your money too.
and since this behemoth will always need more, they will gladly burn the money, just to take more from you again.

erowe1
08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
the taxes you are talking about is your money too.
and since this behemoth will always need more, they will gladly burn the money, just to take more from you again.

Correct. It's my money along with everyone else's (ignoring for the moment the fact of the different tax brackets). If they burn everybody's money equally, then the end result is the same as if they never took it. We'd all be left with less currency, but the value of each dollar would increase commensurately with the decrease in the total number of dollars in existence. That's why burning it would be better than spending it on CARS, et al.

torchbearer
08-04-2009, 02:25 PM
But if they burn everybody's money equally, then the end result is the same as if they never took it. We'd all be left with less currency that would be commensurately worth more per dollar. That's why burning it would be better than spending it on CARS, et al.

they can burn your money.
i'm keeping mine.
after they burn yours.
mine will be worth more.

mcgraw_wv
08-04-2009, 02:25 PM
The problem you both aren't seeing, or saying though, is that China lends us money backed by our taxes.

If our government stops collecting, or simply wipes away a year worth of tax revenue, our debtors would call in all of our debt, and the entire system would come crashing down.

Whatever the means, it must be a slow, matriculated path to reduction in government services and obligations and spending, in order to pay down the debt in order to reduce the taxes.

Unfortunatly the people will be the last to benifit from any progress towards smaller government, there are too many other people to pay first.

erowe1
08-04-2009, 02:27 PM
If our government stops collecting, or simply wipes away a year worth of tax revenue, our debtors would call in all of our debt, and the entire system would come crashing down.

Whatever the means, it must be a slow, matriculated path to reduction in government services and obligations and spending, in order to pay down the debt in order to reduce the taxes.

I like the system crashing down better than the slow option.

erowe1
08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
they can burn your money.
i'm keeping mine.
after they burn yours.
mine will be worth more.

Well yeah. I don't really like that option. That one is starting to sound a lot more like CARS.

Kraig
08-04-2009, 02:32 PM
I like the system crashing down better than the slow option.

Personally I don't think it can be avoided either, it is going to collapse IMO.