PDA

View Full Version : Not paying taxes

wer
08-04-2009, 09:18 AM
If the county government has shutdown, they told all the employees to go on unpaid vacation, then there isn't anybody to pay taxes to is there? This property tax bill is a county tax so if the office is closed do just not pay? Also, if a person pays taxes in exchange for services that seems pointless because the services are closed.

rp08orbust
08-04-2009, 09:20 AM
If the county government has shutdown, they told all the employees to go on unpaid vacation, then there isn't anybody to pay taxes to is there? This property tax bill is a county tax so if the office is closed do just not pay? Also, if a person pays taxes in exchange for services that seems pointless because the services are closed.

You have no moral obligation to pay taxes, ever, period.

The question, though, is whether you can get away with not paying them. I would probably keep paying them out of fear that the state or national government will step in after the county government collapses and claim the right to collect the back-taxes with penalties and interest.

RevolutionSD
08-04-2009, 11:52 AM
We need to ALL come together and agree not to pay ANY taxes- they are all immoral and we need to take a stand.

Deborah K
08-04-2009, 11:56 AM
We need to ALL come together and agree not to pay ANY taxes- they are all immoral and we need to take a stand.

I am all for a tax revolt!

wer
08-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Forget about the stupid tax bill they are calling in the National Guard! I don't know if there are riots or what but I'm getting the hell out of town now.

Deborah K
08-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Forget about the stupid tax bill they are calling in the National Guard! I don't know if there are riots or what but I'm getting the hell out of town now.

huh? :confused:

andrewh817
08-05-2009, 02:05 AM

It'd be easier to just swipe everyone's mailboxes on tax day before the mail comes:D

t0rnado
08-05-2009, 02:17 AM
huh? :confused:

I think he's in Kentucky or southern Indiana because the National Guard was called in to help with the flood.

tremendoustie
08-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Tax Revolt!!

legion
08-05-2009, 08:59 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/national-guard-may-be-summoned-to-protect-alabama-county-from-fatal-interest-rate-swaps-2009-8

Is this it?