PDA

View Full Version : New sub-forum coming soon...

Bryan
09-26-2007, 12:19 PM
We're looking at adding a new sub-forum to contain all the great threads dealing with countering common criticism against Ron Paul, points to use in your own person debate and the like. It will start off with the counter-point threads listed here and some of the new ones not added yet:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=2948

This can be a great resource to use and refer to, particular for those new to the campaign. The biggest question now is what to call it, there are some suggestions on the table but we're looking for more:

Ron Paul Debate Points
Discussion Techniques for winning Ron Paul Support
Discussion Points for winning Ron Paul Support
How to Win People Over to Ron Paul
Winning Ron Paul Support
Ron Paul Talking Points

Suggested sub-title is "Debate points, discussion strategies & information to counter common criticism"

Post your ideas- and vote in the poll!

micahnelson
09-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Apaulogetics?

JoshLowry
09-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Bump

Shatterhand
09-26-2007, 12:54 PM
It would be nice to have a place to go where you can find resources that help in countering criticism of RP.

drinkbleach
09-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Discussion Points for winning Ron Paul Support

I like this one.

LibertyEagle
09-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Yes, but for it to be good, doesn't it seem like it's going to need to be maintained? You know, extraneous comments removed, etc. Otherwise, it seems like it will just turn into one big mess.

Ron Paul Fan
09-26-2007, 01:03 PM
And give our opponents a centralized place of data to gain ammunition against us to spread to other online communities? I'm positively opposed to this idea and I would encourage everyone else to vote against it. Liberty Eagle is also correct that it would just be one big mess. We want to spread the word of Ron Paul's good message, not give our opposition more bullets to shoot us down.

Bryan
09-26-2007, 01:20 PM
The maintenance could be an issue like on the Issues forum, I agree it is something that could benefit from some work but at the very least the new sub-forum would help one get to desired information better than now.

I will respectfully disagree with the point that the information could be used against us, the main point of this is to counter false information and statist arguments (such as "Ron Paul is a racist") and to provide information on the best way to frame the platform of freedom, prosperity and peace. If we were trying to deceive or enslave people then I would agree it would be a bad idea.

Here's a good recent example of what I'd like to see in there:

Best talking points/response to: "Ron Paul Can't win"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20185

The idea is to keep these type of threads in a place where they can be referenced and not just buried into oblivion in a day.

Thanks for the responses and votes- it matters.

G-khan
09-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Great idea............

mkrfctr
09-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Sounds fine, however while I haven't visited it, isn't this new sub-forum going to cover about the same stuff as the
Issues for America
Ask questions and post about Dr. Paul's issue positions here. Limit one issue per
sub-forum?

As to a name here's my vote:
Explaining Ron Paul's policy and philosophy and countering criticism

Bryan
09-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Sounds fine, however while I haven't visited it, isn't this new sub-forum going to cover about the same stuff as the
Issues for America
Ask questions and post about Dr. Paul's issue positions here. Limit one issue per
sub-forum?

As to a name here's my vote:
Explaining Ron Paul's policy and philosophy and countering criticism
That's a very good question, it's possible there could be some cross-coverage and confusion but there should be some clear but minor differences. Some topics such as "Is Ron Paul a racist" clearly are not part of the Issues for America sub-forum. Discussion of blowback however could go either way. For example, a topic on blowback relates to a discussion on foreign policy then it would be best fit in the Issues for America sub-forum but a topic of "How do I package the blowback issue?" (an actual thread) would go in the other.

In summary, the Issues for America would include topics of "What is Dr. Paul's position" and detailed discussion around that and the issue in general while the other sub-forum would be on the best way on how to present such topics, ways on countering all the bad information, formulating specific counter argument against alternate positions on the issues, etc.

All-in-all it's a valid concern to keep considering, it highlights why having a good sub-forum name and description is important else we will for sure run into problems.

Thanks!

PennCustom4RP
09-26-2007, 04:19 PM
I think there should be a forum section for all Polls, as these often get buried quickly during the days events.

Bryan
09-26-2007, 10:09 PM
I think there should be a forum section for all Polls, as these often get buried quickly during the days events.
That's a possibility but bumping until the desired votes are in can work too...

Bump. :)

dircha
09-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Apaulogetics?

Yes :)