PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!!! Top Tier Status!

Sematary
09-26-2007, 11:52 AM
GOP PRESIDENTIAL TRUST DINNER
October 16, 2007
7:00pm

National Building Museum
401 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20003

Join your fellow Republicans on October 16, 2007 for a special dinner to benefit the RNC Presidential Trust, featuring our 2008 Presidential candidates. Under federal election law, the RNC is able to spend up to $17 million to support our Republican nominee next year, and the RNC is the only source of such contributions available to our nominee. The RNC's Presidential Trust will play a critical role in determining who our next President is.

This Dinner is a tremendous opportunity to see many of the major figures in the 2008 Presidential race, united to ensure our Party has the resources necessary to take back control of Congress and retain the White House next year.

Please enter the below information to complete the RSVP process. If you are already a current and active Member of a particular RNC program, please instead contact the Finance Division directly at 202-863-8720.

Featuring the 2008 GOP Presidential Candidates

The Honorable Rudy Giuliani
The Honorable John McCain
The Honorable Ron Paul
The Honorable Mitt Romney
The Honorable Fred Thompson

Who says Ron Paul is not "top tier"? Certainly not the RNC!!

source: www.gop.com

Syren123
09-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh man I want to go to that just to see those neo-cons eating crow. Little do those folks know that their reign of terror is coming to a close. Actually...they do know. They're in total denial.

AlexAmore
09-26-2007, 11:56 AM
OMG that's sooooo cool!!! http://www.forumspile.com/emoticons/LOL-Applaud.gif

born2drv
09-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Wow this is great!

They must really be hard up for cash, maybe they saw our thermometer ;)

Money talks and well.... you know what walks :D

Ann Kobialka
09-26-2007, 11:58 AM
WOW everyone needs to congragulate themselves for all the hard work done. All those e-mails to the state GOP's, all those calls and e mails to national stating Ron Paul or back to democrat for me. Great news, maybe the best indicator yet of what we are really accomplishing. CONGRATS you Paulites you. Ann

Marshall
09-26-2007, 12:00 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/paulhappy.jpg

^--- This picture has found it's proper place

constituent
09-26-2007, 12:00 PM
rep. paul was always "top-tier" in my book.

BIG_J
09-26-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm in ur Party Winn'n Ur Nomunashun!

ThePieSwindler
09-26-2007, 12:02 PM
where is the actual article? i cant find it.

MusoSpuso
09-26-2007, 12:04 PM
This is beyond beautiful. This is beyond big. This is huge.

Way to go Ron Paul! Way to grassroots! Way to go liberty!

Give'em hell!

born2drv
09-26-2007, 12:06 PM
We should send this to Gallup and Rasmussen, etc and let them know which republican candidates can raise the most money, and which candidates the GOP thinks is top tier ;)

Taco John
09-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Woot!

richard1984
09-26-2007, 12:07 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D :D

perfect.

nullvalu
09-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Just found it, it's on the donation page here: https://secure.donationreport.com/donation.html

jj111
09-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Linky?

tekkierich
09-26-2007, 12:11 PM
I would go to that for $500. $1k is out of my league with current RP donations and all.

Good work.

Syren123
09-26-2007, 12:13 PM
If you look at the list, it promises to be a gathering of the most TEDIOUS, self-congratulating group of neo-cons in captivity and their troll minions. I'd better go just so Ron and Kent have someone to talk to LOL.

Stealth4
Kick ass

I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go.

njjack
Where is the link to this on the GOP site?

thanks.

jj111
I think I'm going to donate big to the RNC AFTER Ron is nominated, not before.

Patriot
09-26-2007, 12:16 PM

https://secure.donationreport.com/donation.html;jsessionid=03FDA8745D9726B32877353AC C86406B

NPursuit357
09-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Definitely good news.

nullvalu
09-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Here it is again: https://secure.donationreport.com/donation.html

you get to that by clicking the Meet the Candidates link..

McDermit
09-26-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm in ur Party Winn'n Ur Nomunashun!

lol. perfect.

surf
09-26-2007, 12:21 PM
https://secure.donationreport.com/donation.html
an RSVP form

bbachtung
09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
It is the free market at work. The RNC is selfishly (nothing wrong with being selfish) inviting RP because there is a huge demand for him and he is growing the party.

mavtek
09-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Link doesn't work for me!

Sematary
09-26-2007, 12:31 PM

Don't know - I got it in an email

Akus
09-26-2007, 12:35 PM

People are looking at me at the computer lab, because I am laughing out loud, literally.

Karsten
09-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Could it be that simply the other candidates couldn't make it? How do we know they consider him "top tier"?

ThePieSwindler
09-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Could it be that simply the other candidates couldn't make it? How do we know they consider him "top tier"?

... you think candidates would skip out on an RNC dinner? You know, a dinner for, like, the party they are trying to get nominated for? Yeah... i doubt that for some reason. Heres the litmus test: fred thompson is going, but none of the 2nd tiers that usually go to everything (like hunter) are there. Thompson never goes to anything. I'm pretty sure its obvious he was invited.

LibertyEagle
09-26-2007, 12:45 PM
The Republican National Committee has asked the Republican presidential candidates to sign a joint letter to donors urging them to raise money for the RNC's presidential trust dinner, its biggest fundraising event in early 2008.

As of yesterday, four Republicans had signed on -- ex-NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Gov. Mitt Romney, Rep. Ron Paul and Ex-Sen. Fred Thompson. (A spokesman for Romney said the campaign had agreed "in principle" to participate but was waiting to learn more details).

“The RNC is working with the presidential campaigns to maximize opportunities with donors to ensure Republican candidates up and down the ticket have the necessary resources to communicate our message next fall," said Danny Diaz, the RNC's communications director.

A senior consultant to a Republican presidential campaign said that the party was moved to act now because they worry that Republicans will lag behind the combined efforts of the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic candidate in 2008.

The RNC outraises the DNC month-by-month, but Republicans expect the Democratic presidential nominee to raise more than the Republican nominee. The consultant said that the RNC wanted to tap some of the donation bundlers recruited by the Republican candidates.

As of the end of August, the RNC reported $16M in the bank compared with the DNC's $2M.

Both parties' nominees are likely to opt out of the public financing system for the general election, so the parties themselves will play a subordinate role; the candidates will be free to raise and spend as much as they can legally accumulate.

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/09/please_let_me_know_if.php

G-khan
09-26-2007, 12:46 PM

I think this costs the candidates to attend and be part of it. I think some may not have the bucks.. This is a guess so don't take it as fact.

ItsTime
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
lets spin it the way that is best for us DUH!! ESP in this the last week of the 3Q!! We know he is top, so why not use this to "proof it?"

EvilEngineer
09-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Hmmm... they've been snubbing him and now they want money from him. Looks like the RNC and GOP are dying. The only candidate I see drawing people to the GOP is solely for Ron Paul. He is the only growth factor for them, and they should see that. But as far as them trying to get money FROM the candidates to fund the RNC... screw that.

LibertyEagle
09-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I'd be happy to donate money to the Republican Party AFTER they nominate Ron Paul. Not a penny until then.

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
09-26-2007, 12:58 PM
lol @ the list, has ron paul in the middle , in english class I learned the most important parts of a paragraph are at the beggining and end, and they just throw stuff in the middle they don't care about.

Mr. White
09-26-2007, 12:59 PM
lol @ the list, has ron paul in the middle , in english class I learned the most important parts of a paragraph are at the beggining and end, and they just throw stuff in the middle they don't care about.

Um, it's in aphabetical order... you may vote, but stop writing.

*kidding*

drinkbleach
09-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Wait a minute...Ron Paul would have to pay to attend? Screw that. Especially since the RNC obviously hates what he stands for: conservatism.

Chester Copperpot
09-26-2007, 01:03 PM

When I sold insurance we always put the policy we wanted people to buy in the middle.. people usually go for the one right in the middle...

Mr. White
09-26-2007, 01:05 PM
When I sold insurance we always put the policy we wanted people to buy in the middle.. people usually go for the one right in the middle...

Your experience lends creedence. You may vote, and keep writing, but only once an hour

*kidding*

jonahtrainer
09-26-2007, 01:07 PM
It is the free market at work. The RNC is selfishly (nothing wrong with being selfish) inviting RP because there is a huge demand for him and he is growing the party.

True.

At our monthly Meetup meeting last night we had about 120 people. The Treasurer for the REC came because our organizer personally invited him and they are friends. I was talking to him afterwards and he said his eyes about popped out of his head when he saw all the support.

I assume he is a spy so when we were talking I was just talking about how it started with a mere 7 people 4 months ago. Soon we will be bigger than the REC so we hope we can be friends.

archemeedees
09-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Whoops...
The RNC called me yesterday. But the first thing they asked me annoyed me and I told the phone rep that I rejected the premise of his question. He said "What?" And I repeated: "I reject the premise of the question". He paused, quickly spouted off a disclaimer of some kind, and hung up. I hope he wasn't leading up to asking something about Ron Paul, because otherwise I might have tried to keep him on the line. Anyone else get this call?

But as for the dinner: YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is fantastic news! Happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pregnant Women for Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devil21
09-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Whoops...
The RNC called me yesterday. But the first thing they asked me annoyed me and I told the phone rep that I rejected the premise of his question. He said "What?" And I repeated: "I reject the premise of the question". He paused, quickly spouted off a disclaimer of some kind, and hung up. I hope he wasn't leading up to asking something about Ron Paul, because otherwise I might have tried to keep him on the line. Anyone else get this call?

But as for the dinner: YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is fantastic news! Happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pregnant Women for Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill bite. What was the question they asked?

archemeedees
09-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Ill bite. What was the question they asked?

Something dumb. "Do you think it would be a good or a bad thing if Hillary or Obama were elected?"

I should have told them that I'm Republican only because Ron Paul is running:p

theseus51
09-26-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that since this is a fundraising event, they asked the people they saw as the biggest fundraisers. =)

Chester Copperpot
09-26-2007, 01:42 PM
True.

At our monthly Meetup meeting last night we had about 120 people. The Treasurer for the REC came because our organizer personally invited him and they are friends. I was talking to him afterwards and he said his eyes about popped out of his head when he saw all the support.

I assume he is a spy so when we were talking I was just talking about how it started with a mere 7 people 4 months ago. Soon we will be bigger than the REC so we hope we can be friends.

WHATS THE REC?

UtahApocalypse
09-26-2007, 01:51 PM
I'd be happy to donate money to the Republican Party AFTER they nominate Ron Paul. Not a penny until then.

Thgis should be the message we ALL send the GOP. Let them know they will never see a penny from any of us if RP is not nominated.

OceanMachine7
09-26-2007, 01:53 PM
If anyone decides to go, PLEASE dress nicely and act professional and respectful. Force them to like Ron Paul and his grassroots supporters. This is a HUGE chance to make a good impression with the RNC bigwigs...

Hook
09-26-2007, 02:00 PM

Bad idea. Any money you give to the GOP is money you didn't give to Ron Paul directly. Which means that he will only get a small fraction of it. Give money to the GOP when they actually represent your values overall. Otherwise give it to Dr. Paul, then give to the LP or CP.

stevedasbach
09-26-2007, 03:11 PM
If anyone decides to go, PLEASE dress nicely and act professional and respectful. Force them to like Ron Paul and his grassroots supporters. This is a HUGE chance to make a good impression with the RNC bigwigs...

I will probably go to this, since I'm maxed out to Ron's campaign, and I want the RNC to see visible evidence of Ron's support and value. And yes, I will dress nice and act professional. :)