PDA

View Full Version : Someone shouted "you're boring" during Rand's speech?

Matt Collins
08-03-2009, 02:25 PM
http://tomeblen.bloginky.com/2009/08/02/you-had-to-look-hard-for-substance-at-fancy-farm/

Paul attacked Republicans and Democrats alike. He talked about balanced budgets and held up a thick stack of paper, saying senators shouldn’t vote on any bill they haven’t fully read. At one point, somebody in the GOP cheering section behind me yelled, “You’re boring!”

The Fancy Farm crowd is always more interested in heckling than listening, so it’s hard to tell which candidates’ messages might resonate with average voters.

Brian4Liberty
08-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Couldn't Rand have found a better Republican to cite for hypocrisy than the one he used at the beginning of his speech?

Video was on this site:
http://conservativehippiechick.blogspot.com/2009/08/dr-rand-paul-at-fancy-farm.html

pacelli
08-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Well, in the few lengthy speeches I've seen, Rand is definitely not the most energetic speaker. At the Fancy Farm speech I saw online, I heard alot of chatter while he was speaking, like people weren't paying attention and engaged in their own conversations.

Natalie
08-03-2009, 02:56 PM
:eek::(

Jeremy Tyler
08-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah they were sitting right beside me. It was 3 women who were grayson supporters. To quote them "He is boring, and all these people holding there signs are stupid" Then I told them "you don't know shit." Then they got all pissy and told me that just because we people holding sign doesn't mean you have support." I told them to back to their lapdog. They were just stupid, don't worry about them.

LibertyEagle
08-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah they were sitting right beside me. It was 3 women who were grayson supporters. To quote them "He is boring, and all these people holding there signs are stupid" Then I told them "you don't know shit." Then they got all pissy and told me that just because we people holding sign doesn't mean you have support." I told them to back to their lapdog. They were just stupid, don't worry about them.

I'm sure that won them over.

Dr.3D
08-03-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm sure that won them over.

It would me if I were them. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
08-03-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm sure that won them over.HA HA HA. Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing ;):p

ChristinaJade
08-03-2009, 05:05 PM
As one who was there, I can tell you, the crowd was SILENT in comparison to the other speeches. He was, by far, the most listened to of all the candidates there that day. Check out the videos on youtube. :)

Kotin
08-03-2009, 05:11 PM
As one who was there, I can tell you, the crowd was SILENT in comparison to the other speeches. He was, by far, the most listened to of all the candidates there that day. Check out the videos on youtube. :)

Welcome to The Forums!

Jeremy Tyler
08-03-2009, 09:57 PM
They were not there to be won over, they already had their mind set on grayson. I did get the person in front of us interested in rand paul. If you were there you would know it was the democrats coming to rands booth and talking to us, the grayson supporters treated us like trash.

beazy
08-03-2009, 10:55 PM
lol thats not very encouraging because dems cannot vote in the primary so unless you get them to register repub you are wasting time

Jeremy Tyler
08-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Well that was what we were trying to get them to do. Most of them ahd "conway/Mongraido" stickers on meaning they were fine with whoever wins the democratic primary, and since thye liked rand they should vote for him in republican primary and then they can be happy eitehr way with the outcome of the general election.

Eric21ND
08-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Well that was what we were trying to get them to do. Most of them ahd "conway/Mongraido" stickers on meaning they were fine with whoever wins the democratic primary, and since thye liked rand they should vote for him in republican primary and then they can be happy eitehr way with the outcome of the general election.
That's a great way to spin it :rolleyes:

pacelli
08-04-2009, 07:47 AM

But.. they can't vote for Rand in the primary if they are registered as democrats, whether they like him or not. Either way, thanks for giving us the first person report of how things went down on the ground.

Rand's really going to have a tough row to hoe here if he has to convince people who like him to switch parties in order to cast a vote.

Deborah K
08-04-2009, 07:56 AM
I hate to say this, but if Rand is bland, he'd better pick it up a few notches. They may have done him a favor. I had trouble staying interested when I watched one of his speeches. Delivery is crucial. I like him, but he'd better get a speech coach - soon! -in my never-to-be-humble opinion.

specsaregood
08-04-2009, 07:57 AM
But.. they can't vote for Rand in the primary if they are registered as democrats, whether they like him or not. Either way, thanks for giving us the first person report of how things went down on the ground.

Rand's really going to have a tough row to hoe here if he has to convince people who like him to switch parties in order to cast a vote.

Things to keep in mind:
The last day to register to vote for the 2010 Primary election is Monday April 19, 2010.
BUT the last day to CHANGE party affiliate is: December 31st 2009

pacelli
08-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Things to keep in mind:
The last day to register to vote for the 2010 Primary election is Monday April 19, 2010.
BUT the last day to CHANGE party affiliate is: December 31st 2009

Good info. I still think that your average voter declares their party affiliation once in their life, so in the end you'll get less votes from 'change-overs' than from those that are of the proper affiliation.

specsaregood
08-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Good info. I still think that your average voter declares their party affiliation once in their life, so in the end you'll get less votes from 'change-overs' than from those that are of the proper affiliation.

True, but some activist republicans might have changed parties last election cycle to affect the democrat primary. Weren't the likes of Rush Limbaugh urging people to do just that?

Well the other issue is that I understand KY has a special bit on changing parties.
If you have ever registered and chosen a party you have to do the change before the end of the year. Even if you moved and are re-registering.

Also, if you change parties after the end of the year deadline (or reregister with a different party than you originally chose) then you aren't allowed to vote in either party's primary.
From:http://www.kftc.org/blog/archive/2008/04/09/tricky-rules-on-primary-voter-registration

Danke
08-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Rand is a great speaker. At least when I saw him at the Boston Tea party. Did not watch the KY speech, so maybe he is different when campaigning...?

Anyway, I thought he was a better speaker than his dad.

TheTyke
08-04-2009, 09:56 AM
I think Rand is an excellent speaker, too. He seems to just be getting better with every speech - and he was great to begin with! Aren't some folks making a lot out of a heckler who was already an opponent? :P

RyanRSheets
08-05-2009, 06:48 PM
I wanted to ask those ladies to name and issue and elaborate their stance on that issue and how Rand Paul feels about it, but they left after the argument. To be fair, Jeremy probably could have been a little less blunt in his words, but they started it, and I doubt we could ever have brought them on board in the first place.