PDA

View Full Version : Democratic CNN Debate poll

akalucas
06-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Here's the link to cnn's poll question for democratic debate, they are probably going to have the same ones for Rebublican debate. check em out.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/debates/scorecard/

angelatc
06-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Dude! You forgot the link!

akalucas
06-03-2007, 09:42 PM
lol sorry fixed it

Avalon
06-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Wow, that's a new low. Adding the political analysts answers to the scorecard to tell people how to vote.

akalucas
06-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Wow, that's a new low. Adding the political analysts answers to the scorecard to tell people how to vote.

yes it is. I dont think its a coincidence that the votes are similar to the political analysts. "the snappiest dresser" what kind of relevant question is that!

kylejack
06-03-2007, 10:10 PM

James Carville is a PAID CONSULTANT of Hillary's campaign. That is totally messed up to have him on that page saying that Hillary won the debate!

dude58677
06-03-2007, 10:22 PM
It won't make a difference. The same people who watched the previous debate are going to watch Ron Paul shine in this debate. The media will then say it was spammed.

tnvoter
06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
"Who was the snappiest dresser?"

Glad to see they're already gearing voters up for the important issues.

RonPaul4President
06-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Propoganda BS. Sorry.

CurtisLow
06-03-2007, 11:06 PM
More right wing polls! I think hillary sucked and she's on top?

There's something screwy going on around here...
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/9669/elmerbigpv1.jpg

RPFever
06-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi there:

Here are a list of items that I noticed that ranged from odd to pure media negligence in the CNN poll. Please add your comments - perhaps someone should send this list to CNN too. Besides, if I see this, then frankly, it is obvious:

1. "Who do you think is the best dresser?"
This is not relevant to a candidates character nor opinions and should not be part of this poll. Why would CNN ask this? Are you trying to trivialize the polls - make it seem more pop-culture than a real poll? Or, are you going to use this to determine who is a spammer and who is not? (i.e., if you vote all Ron Paul, and Ron Paul best dressed, then it is a spammer).

Grade: D (obvious CNN!)

2. "Political Comments?"
This is a like a polster asking over the telephone: "Who will you vote for president, by the way, our political analysts think that Candidate A, B and C are the best fit for America at this stage - so, who are you voting for again?"

Grade: F (media negligence in biasing polls)

3. "Only pick one"
Anyone else notice how one of the political commentators said "all of the above" for best dressed. Duh! Of course, they all look the same. CNN should give us the option to vote "all of the above", "abstain" and especially "none of the above"!

Grade: C (think before you write a poll)

4. "Results - only view the top one"
Although the option exists to see further results, upon entering ones results we only see the top result. This is unfair for candidates who came second, third etc. One extra click = considerably less attention.

Grade: C- (*sigh*)

5. "A checkmark if I voted for the Top Candidate!?!?"
You've got to be joking me!
The whole thing is being set up like "can you vote for the person you think everyone else is going to vote for?" Gawd!
Again, with our telephone poll comparison, this would be like:

Pollster: "Who will you vote for in the presidential election?"
Receiver: "Candidate A"
Pollster: "Correct! You voted the candidate that everyone else is voting too!"
Receiver: "Huh? Is this a real poll?"

Of course, one step above the "checkmark" would be having a small "X" if you got the top candidate wrong....

Pollster: "Who will you vote for in the presidential election?"
Receiver: "Candidate B"
Pollster: "Oh.... okay, we'll record that... Just to let you know, you aren't voting for the top candidate so far - The top Candidate is Candidate A... but anyway, on to the next question..."
Receiver: "WTF? I thought you said you guys were CNN, are you sure your not supporting Candidate A?"
Pollster: "Oh no... these polls are very scientific... uhh... thanks for answering all the questions... bye now *click*"

Grade: F (You do not grade, consciously or subconsciously someone's poll decision)

6. Candidate Pictures/Photos
Before you go look at the election poll again, think about who are the "mainstream" candidates and who are the non-mainstream ones... Now, go look at the pictures CNN chooses to use to represent these people. Anyone notice the inconsistency - some look more stressed / angry than others... some look happy and "presidential". It's like someone is subconsciously trying to influence what I think about a candidate by their picture. I wonder if this holds true for the republican candidates???

Grade: C- (Hard to tell if this is intentional, but CNN should recognize that candidates reserve the same treatments all the way down to the quality and style of their photo - anything less starts to look like Soviet style propaganda)

I'm done for typing, anyone notice anything else?

akalucas
06-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Nice post RPfever. I agree that they are trying to make the poll not serious by asking questions like "who is the snappiest dresser?", so they can trivialize the poll if they get unexpected results.

mconder
06-04-2007, 08:27 AM
RPFever is right about the check mark thing...disturbing.

peruvianRP
06-04-2007, 08:44 AM
is this a poll or a fucking joke?

MsDoodahs
06-04-2007, 08:50 AM
The latter.

:D

joenaab
06-04-2007, 08:57 AM
I agree with everything RPFever pointed out. However, considering that I already expect mischief from CNN, I was encouraged in a few ways that are essential to the Ron Paul campaign:

1. They included all candidates in the survey (remember, in previous CNN casual surveys, the lump Ron Paul into an "other" selection).

2. It was an online survey, which plays into our greatest strength (as opposed to text-message or phone-in or no survey).

3. The response was VERY LOW. Only 17,200 participants as of 11:00am EST the day after. Ron Paul supporters alone will exceed this number tomorrow night.

4. Though I don't rule out flat-out fraud, if they don't cheat, Ron Paul will win easily and it will only be his face that we see as the winner of question #1.

I was able to vote at least twice in this CNN survey (only as a test). I don't know if my votes actually got counted twice, but I received no warning. I won't vote twice for Ron Paul, but am wondering what's going on with this.

beermotor
06-04-2007, 10:02 AM

Yeah - and look at the crap they "graded" ... "best dressed" ...

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT, OVER.

Do these people even watch the debates? Biden sounded like a complete retard. Only Kucinich had any guts / principled stands. Gravel I liked, but he was somewhat "foaming at the mouth" ineffective.

The rest of them just mouthed platitudes and rehearsed horseshit. YAWNER. We changed the channel (and my wife is a bigtime democrat, and sat through the republican debate with me).

theblatanttruth
06-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Yeah - and look at the crap they "graded" ... "best dressed" ...

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT, OVER.

Do these people even watch the debates? Biden sounded like a complete retard. Only Kucinich had any guts / principled stands. Gravel I liked, but he was somewhat "foaming at the mouth" ineffective.

The rest of them just mouthed platitudes and rehearsed horseshit. YAWNER. We changed the channel (and my wife is a bigtime democrat, and sat through the republican debate with me).

I also felt compelled to change the channel and I am also a life-long democrat. This debate was the nail in the coffin for me - Ron Paul or Bust!

ThePieSwindler
06-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Seeing as he is probably riding the biggest wave of hype, how do people here think Obama did? He was very reserved and articulate on his positions, but i don't necessarily agree with them (and isn't he a member of the CFR?).

Everyone except Kucinich and Gravel, you can pretty much take everything they say with a grain of salt, as they'll say what they think people want to hear, such as "English as an official language will divide us" (to try to appease the non-english speaking crowd), yet who knows if they'll stand pat on their "beliefs" when actually in office.

dude58677
06-04-2007, 10:55 AM
"Isn't he a member of the CFR?"

Isn't he a member of the Code of Federal Regulations?

beermotor
06-04-2007, 11:04 AM
"Isn't he a member of the CFR?"

Isn't he a member of the Code of Federal Regulations?

Council on Foreign Relations.

Not the regs. :)

LizF
06-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Seeing as he is probably riding the biggest wave of hype, how do people here think Obama did? He was very reserved and articulate on his positions, but i don't necessarily agree with them (and isn't he a member of the CFR?).

Everyone except Kucinich and Gravel, you can pretty much take everything they say with a grain of salt, as they'll say what they think people want to hear, such as "English as an official language will divide us" (to try to appease the non-english speaking crowd), yet who knows if they'll stand pat on their "beliefs" when actually in office.

================================================== ===

I wasn't that impressed with Obama, especially at the beginning of the debate--he seemed somewhat nervous and cautious, though he seemed to get better over time. Although he had that good line for Edwards (about coming 4 1/2 yrs too late to the right position), I think Obama is better suited to being a motivational or graduation speaker than President right now as he is still too inexperienced IMHO.

I didn't find Dodd too bad in the debate yesterday, considering he's ususally so uninspiring. Hillary wasn't too bad performance wise--putting Blitzer in his place w/all the hypotheticals, taking command of things at one point, although she was Giuilini-esque in her "I'm from NY and I know what terrorism looks like" upbraiding of Edwards.

Lesgov
06-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I notice that after 24 hours, there have been 28,092 votes. It will be interesting to see how many votes the Republicans have after that amount of time.

Gee, Hitlery is running in second place for most disappointing.