PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Embarass your Congress Clown

goldenequity
08-03-2009, 11:29 AM
:eek:

http://www.operationembarrassyourcongressman.com/

WELCOME! - First time here? Click & Read this First (http://www.operationembarrassyourcongressman.com/operation_embarrass_your_congressman_012.htm)
August 3rd, 2009 - 10:30am C.S.T. (next update 8/3/09 approximately 4:30pm C.S.T.)

Operation EMBARRASS YOUR CONGRESSMAN is spreading far and wide! Up for just under 4 days, the word is getting out.
You have got to see Tim Bishop being taken to task by a Vet! And Barbara Boxer's rebuke of a General!
As I said earlier, I care very little if this website is a "success" - what I really care about is the "operation" succeeding.

Again, let me emphasize that Operation EMBARRASS YOUR CONGRESSMAN is a peaceful operation.
We don't condone violence in any way. Don't harrass, intimidate, or otherwise do any thing threatening towards anyone!
(No sense in acting like a community organizer or a member of ACORN).
Simply use your freedom of speech in public forums to accomplish our mission.

Town halls will be starting up. Be there in large numbers. Press the issues. Don't take the BS and D.C. double speak.
Be firm, polite, and no nonsense. Get these folks on tape being arrogant, ignorant, and insolent.
Send the clips and links here!

I'm not in this for the glory (hence the anonymity) and I make $0 at this (hence no ads).
Like so many others this site is resonating with, I hope to see a change in the behavior and mindset
of the current crop of Legislators. Hopefully, "shame" and "embarrassment will be a powerful motivator.
Some are complaining about the questions - hey, come up with your own!
I'm getting flooded with e-mail and clips to review (great!) so it will be around the time above
before I do the next update (after reviewing clips and articles to post).

The Mission is this: "To expose the arrogance, ignorance, and insolence of our elected representatives."
We want to do this on a LARGE SCALE - NATIONWIDE! These arrogant, ignorant, and insolent people
have embarrassed America, trampled the Constitution, and ignored their constituents for far too long.
Attend their townhall meetings during recess and press them with intelligent questions (unlike the main stream media),
asked in an intelligent manner to see if they are really in touch and on board with "the will of the people."
Here's a starting place where you may find out where your congressman/woman may be in public forums:

Expose these people and point your fellow citizen-voters to this site so they can view the posted examples
of how badly we are being served by our elected representatives. It's not too late. We can make a difference!

The Editor

tpreitzel
08-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Potentially, a great idea if done smartly.

Matt Collins
08-03-2009, 01:05 PM
August is gonna be a great month for many reasons!

AuH2O
08-03-2009, 02:51 PM
From their website:

Attend the meeting. Before, during, or after the appearance ask your COMMON SENSE QUESTION (respectfully). Make sure your fellow attender is recording the exchange. If the politician in question answers a COMMON SENSE QUESTION with a common sense answer or demonstrates a good grasp of the matter you're approaching them about - GREAT! Thank them for their grasp of the issues and for their time. If they ignore you, stonewall, tap dance around the question, bloviate, act condescending, arrogant, ignorant, or insolent - SEND US THE CLIP so we can put it up on the site for all the world to see!

They should post the videos of the good answers as well.