PDA

View Full Version : Letter to parents - help me with my FUTURE!

aknappjr
09-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Please consider sending them the letter below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mom and Dad,

As you know I have become very interested in Ron Paul who is running for president. He is the only Republican in the race that voted against the war. He also has a very consistent record on being fiscally conservative. He recently won the Fox news debate. Would you please donate $25, $50, or as much as you can to his campaign as a favor to me?

www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

This week the third quarter ends and all of the candidates release how many donors they attracted, and how much money they raised. I know that Ron Paul had more money than John McCain at the end of June, and I am hoping he can get enough supporters and money to push him into the top tier.

Thanks,

katao
09-26-2007, 11:19 AM
This is a great way for non-internet older folks to hear about Ron Paul, from their kids. I am 38, but I am still working on my parents.

angelatc
09-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Yes, I don't have a lick of ideas about how to make TV commercials, but I really think that it might be fun to have one that says "Have you had the talk with them yet?" then segue into young Americans having the Ron Paul talk with their parents.

I'm still working on my parents too. They're not into it yet. They watched any debates, and the only thing they know about Ron Paul is what I've told them.

max
09-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes, I don't have a lick of ideas about how to make TV commercials, but I really think that it might be fun to have one that says "Have you had the talk with them yet?" then segue into young Americans having the Ron Paul talk with their parents.

I'm still working on my parents too. They're not into it yet. They watched any debates, and the only thing they know about Ron Paul is what I've told them.

Great concept. Sort of like those anti-drug commercials...LOL

Talk to your parents about Ron Paul before its too late

micahnelson
09-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Mom, Dad... I saw your browsing history... RonPaul2008.com, Meetup.Com... political activism is a serious thing... where did you learn about defending liberty?

From you, OK?? I learned it from watching YOU!

born2drv
09-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Mom, Dad... I saw your browsing history... RonPaul2008.com, Meetup.Com... political activism is a serious thing... where did you learn about defending liberty?

From you, OK?? I learned it from watching YOU!

Or how about this:

Hey dad, I saw your browsing history... and as you know I'm a big supporter of Ron Paul. If you can make a donation of $50 or more I promise not to tell mom what I found :)

EvilEngineer
09-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Or...

Mom and Dad,

I can't believe you two sat back and watched the world become what it is! Now that I am of age to vote and think for my self, I'm having to fix the mistakes you and your parents let happen. You can make amends to me and your future grand-children by donating to Ron Paul right away!

Johnnybags
09-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Holiday shopping is a nightmare so just donate to Ron Paul online and give me the receipt in a card. I'll forego Chinese goods this year!

born2drv
09-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Holiday shopping is a nightmare so just donate to Ron Paul online and give me the receipt in a card. I'll forego Chinese goods this year!

This is a great idea! The campaign should run with this idea.....

"Give the gift of Freedom" , "Make a donation of $50 or more to Ron Paul and help your son or daughter live in the best, most properous and free nation in the world. We will mail out a complimentary copy of the United States constitution to your child this holiday season and a letter of gratitude for your kind contribution."

EvilEngineer
09-26-2007, 01:21 PM
This is a great idea! The campaign should run with this idea.....

"Give the gift of Freedom" , "Make a donation of $50 or more to Ron Paul and help your son or daughter live in the best, most properous and free nation in the world. We will mail out a complimentary copy of the United States constitution to your child this holiday season and a letter of gratitude for your kind contribution."

Hmm... good idea. Though I'll be the one giving it to my family instead. Lol I can just imagine their reactions.

:: opens card ::
them: " whats this?"

me: "Your freedom"

them: "well thats a stupid idea, what can I do with this?"

me: " you can live without fear and keep more of what you earn, how is that not a good gift?"

them: "Ohh... well I still wanted that (insert product here)"

:: me leaving annoyed::

Sematary
09-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Or how about this:

Hey dad, I saw your browsing history... and as you know I'm a big supporter of Ron Paul. If you can make a donation of $50 or more I promise not to tell mom what I found :)

lmao