PDA

View Full Version : Hau nui kola

Oyate
08-02-2009, 10:14 PM
i do not know if this is proper syntax but I am blending Lakota and hawai'ian. i say this in honor of Mike Maresco's ride. He says "aloha nui loa" which is hawai'ian but we say "hau" to say hi and "kola" is a very special word for very special friend. It is pronounced "hola" but you have to have a bit of spit in "blood brother" or "friend who means more to me than my life".

Do you have a kola?

Michael says Alhoa Nui Loha and I say Hau Oyasin. Michael never talks about the Toa.

Mitakuye Oyasin. Toa Ho Llennape Yo. TOA!

And a nice song to finish:

heyo heyu dagunee heyo
eeyo heyu dagunee heyo
eeyyo heyudagenee heyo
eeyo hey dagunee hey, heyo heyu dagunee heyo

(now here comes the good part)

kanu wa'hipkte, kanu wa'hipt'ka, chanu hap't ika, ya weh ho yawih

Yah hey, ya hey yeguweh
ya-hey, ya weh yeguweh ya hey, ya hey yeguweh ya-hey.

Eyo.

That was the first and second part of Bear Dance. It is said that the words of Bear Dance are the oldest songs in the world. And it is so old that apparently nobody knows the word anymore. Because it isn't Cherokee and it isn't Llennape and it in't Lakota and it

Oyate
08-02-2009, 10:15 PM
it isn't any spoken or recorded language.

Oyate
08-02-2009, 10:24 PM
i would really like to have you people hear this song, Bear Dance. One of our brothers gave me a rare recording. If somebody has server space or a place for my to post this, it would be neat.

We used to keep things secret from you white people and I confess we hated on you a lot. Bear Dancings should be here to heal you and it's a teaching song. It was a camp-fire song and it takes 2 things: a sacred deer rattle and brothers. And kids to scare. Because when Bear Dance is sung, all the brother imitate bear and try to act all scarey.

Bear is my totem animal. Black Bear, not those fearsome grizzlies and certainly not those polars or Kodiaks. My bear are sweet and gentle. My bears like jelly donuts.

torchbearer
08-02-2009, 10:24 PM
on my spirit chase, the Bear appeared as my spirit.
from birth, my father called me bear.
His father was cherokee.
I wonder how you say those things in cherokee. Is it similar to Lakota?

PaulaGem
08-08-2009, 06:48 AM
i would really like to have you people hear this song, Bear Dance. One of our brothers gave me a rare recording. If somebody has server space or a place for my to post this, it would be neat.

We used to keep things secret from you white people and I confess we hated on you a lot. Bear Dancings should be here to heal you and it's a teaching song. It was a camp-fire song and it takes 2 things: a sacred deer rattle and brothers. And kids to scare. Because when Bear Dance is sung, all the brother imitate bear and try to act all scarey.

Bear is my totem animal. Black Bear, not those fearsome grizzlies and certainly not those polars or Kodiaks. My bear are sweet and gentle. My bears like jelly donuts.

I saw your other thread that said you are not well. My prayers are with you as you go into the next stage of being...

If you have not found a place for this bear song please send it to me along with its story. I wholesale to metaphysical book stores and I know many of my customers will appreciate it, I will put it on the web for all to share.

Love, Light, and Peace.
Paula

speciallyblend
08-09-2009, 01:25 AM

if you email my wife at www.coloradomountainmedia.com we will post on our server!