PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted Thinking

CCTelander
08-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Here's an excellent article, on an excellent site, written by a RPF member.

Corrupted Thinking
by Rob Sandwell

A coworker of mine said, "I don't think there should be a minimum wage, I just think that there should be a base level of compensation that employers have to pay in order to provide for basic subsistence."

Sean Hannity yelled at caller, "the government does everything badly, except national defense."

On the Wikipedia page for "space station" under "canceled space stations" it reads, "The Industrial Space Facility was a station proposed in the 1980s that was to be privately funded. The project was canceled when the company created to build it, Space Industries Incorporated, was unable to secure funding from the United States government.

These three seemingly disparate events have one thing in common. In each instance, someone has accepted a contradiction. Contradictions can not exist in reality, not in whole or in part. Ayn Rand said, "Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong." But in each of these instances, instead of recognizing the contradiction for what it is, proof of a logical error, these people have chosen instead to warp their perception of reality in order to allow for the contradiction. This is a natural outgrowth of statism.

Click below for the rest.

http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2009/tle530-20090802-05.html

CCTelander
08-03-2009, 09:21 AM
bump

CCTelander
08-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Is there an echo in here? :D

satchelmcqueen
08-03-2009, 08:22 PM
true

CCTelander