PDA

View Full Version : Blogger not impressed by Rand's Fancy Farm speech

Matt Collins
08-01-2009, 06:50 PM
http://kykurmudgeon.bloginky.com/2009/08/01/mongiardo-conway-turn-up-the-heat/

Rand Paul, the son of former presidential candidate and U.S. Rep Ron Paul who is expected to officially enter the Republican primary in the near future, failed to impress me. He accused both parties of hypocrisy, and criticized Congress for passing a bank bailout bill no one had read.

He also described Conway as “the epitome of a career politician” because, after a 30-minute discussion of the cap-and-trade issue, Paul claimed he had “no idea” what Conway said. Thing is, though, Conway is in the second year of his first term in elective office. Paul has every right to criticize Conway for obfuscation if Conway hemmed and hawed on the discussion of an issue. But “career politician”? Not! At least, not yet.

dannno
08-01-2009, 06:59 PM
When Rand said that Conway is the epitome of a career politician, clearly he was talking about his attitude an knowledge of the issues (or lack-there-of) rather than gaging by the number of years he has been a politician.

spotics
08-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Conway may have only had a year and half experience of holding public office. However he has been groomed to run for office. He has studied under people like Gov. Paul Patton. He has never held a job outside of working with politicians.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Yeesh, who the hell cares if this one loser was impressed or not?

Let's make August 20th a big success.

HarryBrowneLives
08-01-2009, 07:44 PM
http://kykurmudgeon.bloginky.com/2009/08/01/mongiardo-conway-turn-up-the-heat/

"Failed to impress me" = (translation) I'm not opposed to giving away trillions to fat cats via the U.S taxpayer and I have already decided who the two middle of the road, carbon copy, candidates from either side I'm going to support (so that either way my adgenda wins) and will lambaste anyone who may oppose that reguardless of how good their presentation skills are or the value of their message.:D

Something tells me that we may have lost one vote:p

Kotin
08-01-2009, 07:50 PM
"Failed to impress me" = (translation) I'm not opposed to giving away trillions to fat cats via the U.S taxpayer and I have already decided who the two middle of the road, carbon copy, candidates from either side I'm going to support (so that either way my adgenda wins) and will lambaste anyone who may oppose that reguardless of how good their presentation skills are or the value of their message.:D

Something tells me that we may have lost one vote:p

:D

TruthisTreason
08-01-2009, 08:55 PM
I'll work on posting Rand's speech...:cool:

Kludge
08-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Well, he's a "kurmudgeon".

(BTW, anyone else notice three kapital K's in the title?! :eek:) Keeling, the Kentuckian Kurmudgeon.

torchbearer
08-01-2009, 09:06 PM
well, he's a "kurmudgeon".

(btw, anyone else notice three kapital k's in the title?! :eek:) keeling, the kentuckian kurmudgeon.