PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulForum.com has a thermometer banner, y not us?

trispear
09-26-2007, 09:03 AM
???

http://ronpaulforum.com/

mport1
09-26-2007, 09:50 AM
I agree.

Bryan
09-26-2007, 09:53 AM
:) Alright already... I'll see what I can do. :) Sheesh... :D

Bryan
09-26-2007, 10:10 AM
So how about it? Hopefully they have the bugs out since we're going to help hammer them with traffic. :)

Now all us thermo and forum addicts can get our fix in one place.

nexalacer
09-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Right now, I hate it. It reloads every time I click new posts, and it's causing a noticeable drag on the site. If you can make it stay loaded, then keep it, but if it must reload every time, scrap it.

Ninja Homer
09-26-2007, 10:15 AM
So how about it? Hopefully they have the bugs out since we're going to help hammer them with traffic. :)

Now all us thermo and forum addicts can get our fix in one place.

Nice! The Flash widget should cache, so it shouldn't hit their server much more than if everybody had it open in a separate window.

trispear
09-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Cool, thanks for the effort Bryan:)

If the flash version is too much of a drag, we could always just have a static banner like those previously mentioned forums:)

Bryan
09-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Right now, I hate it. It reloads every time I click new posts, and it's causing a noticeable drag on the site. If you can make it stay loaded, then keep it, but if it must reload every time, scrap it.
I'm not sure why it would slow things down, but then again I'm in a T1 line now. I might be able to get it just on the first page only, not sure if I can get it to not reload with every page click however- vBulletin isn't set up for that best I can tell.

Cool, thanks for the effort Bryan:)

If the flash version is too much of a drag, we could always just have a static banner like those previously mentioned forums:)
Yeah, but it's not nearly as fun. :)

Worst case it's only for a few more days. :)

I'll see what I can do...

FunkBuddha
09-26-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't like it reloading everytime I click a post.... I've got the page open in another tab and that's fine with me.

G-khan
09-26-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure why it would slow things down, but then again I'm in a T1 line now. I might be able to get it just on the first page only, not sure if I can get it to not reload with every page click however- vBulletin isn't set up for that best I can tell.

Yeah, but it's not nearly as fun. :)

Worst case it's only for a few more days. :)

I'll see what I can do...

I don't think you can do that.. You could create a new style and just include it in that style and let users choose and that may take a lot of the load off?

Bryan
09-26-2007, 10:39 AM
So now it's only on the front page at the top. Seems fine for now...

M.Bellmore
09-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes! Great work.

Ninja Homer
09-26-2007, 10:52 AM

I didn't notice any slowdown either, but my DSL is T1 speed (remember when a T1 used to be fast?).

The only way to make it not reload on every page change would be to put it in its own frame and vBulletin in another frame. That would be a pain in the butt, and likely would screw up stuff in vBulletin, so it's totally not worth it. The other option is to pop it up in another window, but then what's the point? It's best the way you have it now.