PDA

View Full Version : Need An Anwser Quick!

Perry
09-26-2007, 08:35 AM
What will Ron Paul do with the funds if he doesn't win the primary?
Someones donation depends on this question.

Green Mountain Boy
09-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I presume every last penny will be spent on his election bid.

KewlRonduderules
09-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Just as he said yesterday on MSNBC, continue the grassroots' movement

rajibo
09-26-2007, 08:42 AM
I always wondered what any candidate does with the money that isn't used.

Dr. Paul would probably give it back to us.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-26-2007, 08:43 AM
No, he will use it towards is Congressional election

Johnnybags
09-26-2007, 08:44 AM
I always wondered what any candidate does with the money that isn't used.

Dr. Paul would probably give it back to us.

could probably become governer. LOL. Dad could help him out.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-26-2007, 08:46 AM
wow.. imagine a Governor Ron Paul.. he can get A LOT done at the state level

Bradley in DC
09-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Probably use some to secure his re-election to the House and the rest to support like-minded candidates to office.

Ninja Homer
09-26-2007, 08:48 AM
The proper answer is that he IS going to win the primary.

If it isn't all spent on the primary campaign, then I'm sure he'd give it back. However, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't spend every cent on getting the primary, and I would hope that he does.

Anything that is donated over the maximum ($2300/person) is reserved for campaigning after he gets the primary. So if he doesn't get the primary (but he will) then anything over $2300 will be returned.

CAKochenash
09-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Could he really use his Presidential campaign money for his congressional campaign? I thought that there was some law that stated otherwise. I may be wrong...

aksmith
09-26-2007, 09:07 AM
I agree that the correct answer is that he is going to win, so what's to worry about. But he can do a lot of things with left over money. What I'm wondering about is matching funds. I know he has said he won't take them, but I think he should take them and donate them to some worthy causes. I think that would get him some great publicity. Every other candidate will take the matching funds and probably use them for their future campaigns. By taking them and donating them to charity, he'll be showing people that he has priorities that go beyond elections.

Perry
09-26-2007, 09:11 AM
I agree that the correct answer is that he is going to win, so what's to worry about. But he can do a lot of things with left over money. What I'm wondering about is matching funds. I know he has said he won't take them, but I think he should take them and donate them to some worthy causes. I think that would get him some great publicity. Every other candidate will take the matching funds and probably use them for their future campaigns. By taking them and donating them to charity, he'll be showing people that he has priorities that go beyond elections.

Well this is probably the best answer however for this person who is considering making a donation it is not enough. He is so anti-GOP that he doesn't want to risk the donation unless he's sure the money wouldn't end up in their hands.

LibertyEagle
09-26-2007, 09:12 AM
WHAT leftover money??? You guys, c'mon. He needs to advertise in a big way all over the United States. There are still tons of people who have no idea of what his stances are and the reasoning behind them. The cash he has is a mere pittance of what he needs. If we can get him up beyond 40-50 million cash on hand, THEN, we can talk about leftover funds. Right now, we just need to be helping him get there. :)

ItsTime
09-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Well this is probably the best answer however for this person who is considering making a donation it is not enough. He is so anti-GOP that he doesn't want to risk the donation unless he's sure the money wouldn't end up in their hands.

there will be no money left over. He really needs 25 million to get his word out. So your friends donation that he makes today will be spent before Ron starts getting the real money in the 4Q

aksmith
09-26-2007, 09:21 AM

Well, if that's the problem, never fear. The GOP and Ron Paul are almost always at odds. There is no way on earth that Ron will ever hand that money over to the GOP. Remind your friend that Bush and Gingrich actually came in to Ron's district to campaign against his congressional re-election because he doesn't go for their pork and foreign adventurism. Any money left over (which there very likely won't be any of) will likely be used on future congressional campaigns for Dr. Paul so he can keep showing the Republicans what a REAL congressman looks like.

Ninja Homer
09-26-2007, 09:26 AM

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only way the GOP gets any of the money donated to Ron Paul is if somebody donates over $4600 (each person is allowed $2300 for primary, and $2300 for general election).

BillyDkid
09-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I presume every last penny will be spent on his election bid.And I very much hope that after this 3rd quarter push they start spending it. They need to start putting ads in papers and on TV and the radio. We are not donating money just so they can accumulate a big war chest - it's time to go to war. It should be fairly obvious that Ron Paul can not build the movement by personal appearances alone - especially since they go virtually uncovered by the media. Personal appearances are fine for Romney and Ghoulishani and McCain - the media hangs on their every movement. RP's only option for reaching the millions he needs to is to put himself on the air. The campaign knows that, don't they??? Don't they??? I wish, and this is common frustration, they would let us know what they are doing with the money and that they are doing something. RP himself said that the movement is always way out in front of the campaign - but they need to get in front. Perhaps my concerns are unfounded, but I am not the only one who has expressed them.

BillyDkid
09-26-2007, 09:38 AM
WHAT leftover money??? You guys, c'mon. He needs to advertise in a big way all over the United States. There are still tons of people who have no idea of what his stances are and the reasoning behind them. The cash he has is a mere pittance of what he needs. If we can get him up beyond 40-50 million cash on hand, THEN, we can talk about leftover funds. Right now, we just need to be helping him get there. :)You are absolutely right - when the campaign wraps up and RP is nominated there should not be a single nickle left. We have all been donated our money with the intention that they SPEND IT. If I didn't think they were going to spend it, I wouldn't donate it.

Ninja Homer
09-26-2007, 09:46 AM
And I very much hope that after this 3rd quarter push they start spending it. They need to start putting ads in papers and on TV and the radio. We are not donating money just so they can accumulate a big war chest - it's time to go to war. It should be fairly obvious that Ron Paul can not build the movement by personal appearances alone - especially since they go virtually uncovered by the media. Personal appearances are fine for Romney and Ghoulishani and McCain - the media hangs on their every movement. RP's only option for reaching the millions he needs to is to put himself on the air. The campaign knows that, don't they??? Don't they??? I wish, and this is common frustration, they would let us know what they are doing with the money and that they are doing something. RP himself said that the movement is always way out in front of the campaign - but they need to get in front. Perhaps my concerns are unfounded, but I am not the only one who has expressed them.

They've spent the money very wisely so far. Last quarter, because they didn't spend much, he got 10 million in free air time because he had more on-hand money than McCain. I think they're going for the same thing this quarter, and that's probably what the big push this week is about. I'm sure they'll start some big ad campaigns after this quarter.