Great Western Railway & Great Plains Express Engineering Consortium
$800 million for Land Acquisition & Lay-out

Dwight Beranek, Railroad Designer, Army Corps of Engineers,

William Herzog, Herzog Railroad Construction
Paul Copeland, Beatty-Balfour Rail Inc.
William M. Stout, Atlas Railroad Construction
Jeffrey M. Levy, Railworks Inc
Lorenzo Simonelli, GE Transportation
John Cavanaugh, Electro-Motive Diesel Inc.
Jens Soeby, Vestas Wind Systems
John Krenicki, Jr., GE Energy,
WSC Headquarters & 21 Plantations Consortium
$200 million for Land Acquisition & Lay-out
Michael Graves, Michael Graves Associates, Architect for Cheyenne, WSC
Headquarters, Great Hall Design for 21 Plantations, 31 Passenger &
Freight Train Stations
Wes Jackson, The Land Institute, Plantation Perennials
Prof. Joseph Thomasson, Ft. Hays State University, Greenhouses & Great
Plains Horticulture
Ernie Els, 18-Fairway Plantation Design
Retief Goosen, 18-Fairway Plantation Design
Proposed Honorary, Project Consultants
Mayor of Pueblo, Dave Galli
Mayor of Colorado Springs, Lionel Rivera
Mayor of Denver, John Hickenlooper
City Manager of Greeley, Roy H. Otto
City Manager of Ft. Collins, Darin Atteberry
Governor, C.L. Otter
Mayor of Idaho Falls, Jared Fuhriman
Chairman of Ft. Hall/Pocatello, Alonzo A. Coby
Mayor of Wichita, Carl Brewer
Governor, Brian Schweitzer,
Mayor of Billings, Ron Tussing
City Manager of Bozeman, Chris Kukulski
Mayor of Butte, Paul Babb
Governor, Dave Heineman,
Mayor of Lincoln, Chris Beutler
Governor, John Hoeven,
Mayor of Fargo, Dennis Walaker
Governor, Brad Henry
Mayor of Oklahoma City, Mick Cornett
Governor, Mike Rounds,
Congresswoman Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin
Mayor of Sioux Falls, Dave Munson
Governor, Rick Perry,
Congressman, Ron Paul
Mayor of McAllen, Richard F. Cortez
Mayor of Laredo, Raul G. Salinas
Mayor of Del Rio, Efrain V. Valdez
Mayor of Midland, Wes Perry
Mayor of Lubbock, Tom Martin
Mayor of Amarillo, Debra McCartt
Mayor of Logan, Randy Watts
Mayor of Ogden, Matthew R. Godfrey
Mayor of Salt Lake City, Ralph Becker
Mayor of Provo, Lewis K. Billings
Governor, Dave Freudenthal,
Mayor of Cheyenne, Jack Spiker
Mayor of Laramie, Klaus Hanson
Mayor of Casper, Paul Bertoglio
Mayor of Sheridan, Dave Kinskey

Distinguished Friends,

The following is an Op Ed piece I wrote to the local newspaper addressed to the citizens of my Boulder County...but it is something that would work in any number of counties...

Boulder County Community Plantations

Here is my plan for the Boulder County Open Spaces zoned for agriculture.

First I would divide this land into rectangles of 160 acres, or a square quarter miles... this being the size of the average 18-hole golf course. Irrigated land is fine. Dryland accompanied by a 5000 gallon tank truck would also be fine.

Each property then would be planted in a dense, perimeter hedge with the land itself divided into 18, agricultural Fairways, each lined on both sides with trees & shrubs.

Like the unpainted face of "Twelfth Night's" Olivia... but unlike the typical, fair-weather USDA farm, then, a Community Plantation would be designed to "endure wind & weather".

Of the 18 Fairways, I would have three in penned pasture, three in unpenned pasture, three in fruit trees & berry bushes, & nine in vegetables. If the three in unpenned pastures were planted in licenced cannabis, the Plantation would be called "Full Service", as it would provide the Community with winter work, indoors.

Each Plantation would have its own barns & sheds, its diner, patio, clubhouse, flower beds &...this being Boulder County...a couple of strategically-placed Cyclopean boulders.

Every grade school in the County would be assigned a Plantation...& throughout the summer, all students from entering first graders to high-school seniors would be required to put in one, four-hour shift every week.

There are those who will say that one four-hour shift a week is as good as no hours at all...but here I would beg to differ.

For a younger set that typically has never seen a pig or a chicken, two hours a week in the plants & two with the animals, I say, would make a big difference.

The animals would include horses, donkeys, a couple of llamas, dairy cattle, pigs chickens & bees.

One can imagine the young scholars gathered at their school-bus stop, resplendent in bib-overalls & straw hats, discussing the relative merits of various breeds of swine..

Every County high school would have its own Plantation.

Church groups, fraternal organizations, veterans groups, biker clubs & anyone else in the County would be cordially invited to reserve Fairways & times on a County Plantation.

Like the grade-schoolers & high-schoolers, the grown-ups would be sharecroppers...but instead of receiving school credit, their hours put in would be registered for when the time came the Plantation paid out dividends. Adult sharecroppers, then, would also be shareholders.

Dividends would come from two sources...a minor one & a major one.

The former would be as County Mason-jar canning facility that would turn out "Boulder County Organic" produce.

Here we would expect the County's older gals to teach the younger ones the nearly-lost art of Mason-jarring.

The Big Money brought in by Boulder County Community Plantations would come with the expected legalization of "God's Gift to US Agriculture", & potentially America's premier cash crop, namely, cannabis.

With our current administration in Washington now representing a third consecutive administration of "Old Stoners"...& with our continuing policy of subsidizing Mexican Drug Cartels to the tune of billions a year already pushing Mexico to the brink of civil war, it is only a matter of time before we hear of pitched battles between US Law Enforcement, armed with pistols, going up against the Mexicans with their assault rifles.

Once our President decides he has had enough...& without fanfare calls a press conference, say, on a Friday afternoon, to announce that cannabis is now legal in the USA...by Monday we want to see Boulder County rolling (so to speak).

This will be because the "Boulder County Cannabis Council", the "Cannabis Cognoscenti", has made a thorough study of this "Duct Tape of Crops", knows where the money is to be made..& has made all the preparations to do so.

By way of introduction...on the matter of recreational use of the buds, I am in a little different category than Bill Clinton. While I have inhaled, I have never actually smoked the stuff....mostly out of fear I would take on a dissipated "Paul McCartney Look"

The plot thickens...

Over the past couple of months, listening to NPR, I came across a couple of news items that seemed to echo one another.

The first is that since 1990 the amount of vitamin D that Americans carry in their bodies has dropped by 50%.

The other is that since 1990, America's obesity rate has doubled.

The other day, at the apartment pool, I struck up a conversation with a nurse who I asked if there might be some connection with the two news items.

She told me that there would have to be...as D is the "Sunshine Vitamin"...not the "Daytime TV Vitamin".

Medical students, she added, often go into pediatrics because they don't want to have to deal with such things a degenerative diseases...but now are finding they are having to do so anyway.

In the debate over the President's Heath Care Initiative many of the advantages over Single-Payer have been made...how well it has worked in this & that country, for example.

But none of these countries has ever had to deal with an epidemic of teen-age diabetes.

Flowers, then, to Arianna Huffington, who on "This Week" last Sunday, seemed to be the first I have heard to raise the subject.

The Community Plantation system I am proposing for Boulder County is one that will keep our teens off the dialysis machine.

Therefore let me urge Boulder Country High Schoolers to proudly wear the Duckshit-green Ribbon symbolizing the "Campaign Against Teenage Diabetes"...& support the County Plantation Initiative.

The recent "Beer Summit" on the White House lawn attended by the President, the Vice President, a Boston cop & a Harvard professor is said to have gone so well that I am proposing a follow up...with the guests being former Governor Jesse Ventura & MacArthur Award-winning agriculturalist, Will Allen.

The two guests, I believe, would make a great team for the purpose of setting up Community Plantations outside the most distressed municipalities in the country....Flint, Michigan, Elkhart, Indiana, East St. Louis, Illinois & Wilmington, Ohio, for example.

This is the way one addresses communities that are epicenters of unemployment.

"Greetings from Washington, DC.

Our able Vice-President, friend of the Workingman, Joe Biden...seeing the straits your community now finds itself in, is offering your town the sum of $___ from the already appropriated Stimulus Fund, to establish its own, 160 acre, 18-Fairway Community Plantation.

For the next four weeks the able Messrs Jesse Ventura & Will Allen will be hiring all able-bodied locals in all trades to put this Plantation on the map. All work will pay $7.55 an hour. We throw in lunch & pay will be in cash at the end of every week.

At the end of four weeks the Plantation will be turned over to your Municipal government, in hopes that it will provide much gainful employment for many.

Now...you may be asking "This work is only good for four or five months of the year. What about the winter months?"

What we are offering your town is a licence on the three Fairways designated as "unpenned pasture" to grow cannabis under licence.

This plant, we believe, is the future of US agriculture, & your town is invited to be a pioneer in the processing of this crop for some of its innumerable uses.

One condition of the licence is that your citizens always use the term "Cannabis" or "Hemp".. Those who have witnessed the blessed relief this plant can provide to those suffering marathon bouts of nausea, (those who are so damned sick they don't care if they do come to look like Paul McCartney), will know that the Mexican slang term "Marijuana" is entirely disrespectful & marks the user as a loser with a bad case of the "Cutes".

It is a sobering thought that the hundred dollars First Lady, Michelle has put into her backyard garden is currently outperforming the six hundred plus billion dollars Tim Geithner has spent bailing out goof-ball financial institutions...AND, of course, we don't have to pay back Michelle.

In a Jesse Ventura, Will Allen Combination I see the next " Riggs & Murtaugh" of "Lethal Weapon".

As the duo are traveling through the sticks of Ohio they pick up a hitch-hiker.

Will turns to the new passenger & inquires "Say, fella, you wouldn't know anything about golf-course design, would you?"

"Yeah, some" replies Jack Nicklaus.

Best regards,

Boulder, Neo Confederate

Davis Yuhas

p.s.

Let's get to the bottom of this. Pyramidologists...this means you.

YouTube - 9/11: Total Proof That Bombs Were Planted In The Buildings! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n-nT-luFIw&feature=related)

p.p.s.

YouTube - 9/11's a lie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAkWNxhBWjs)

p.p.p.s.

Q: What was the favorite dish of Neanderthal Man?

A: "Fillet Magnon"