PDA

View Full Version : Who's game for a Gary Johnson sign-bomb?

AbolishTheGovt
08-01-2009, 02:47 PM
One of the best tools that we used to promote Ron Paul for President in 2008 was the infamous "sign-bomb," in which we crafted tons of home-made signs and plastered our respective cities and roadsides with them.

Gov. Gary Johnson does not yet have anywhere near the level of name recognition Ron Paul now does, and since Gary already has lots of athletic and other events planned for the next year or so, we ought to make his job easier and help him get his name out there.

Johnson signs can be as simple or elaborate as you like:
"Google Gary Johnson", "Who Is Gary Johnson?", "Gary Johnson 2012", "Gary Johnson for President", etc. are some good starter ideas.

Is there enough support to make this happen? If so, how about a date for the sign-bomb? September 1st sound good?

Who's game?

free.alive
08-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I want to be. But where is Gary Johnson?

Is he going to get himself involved in the movement at all? I saw he was on Freedom watch a while back. Is he going to start writing articles, making public statements, speaking at events, etc.

I want him to be on the scene so he's a known quantity by 2011. But where is he?

AbolishTheGovt
08-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I want to be. But where is Gary Johnson?

Is he going to get himself involved in the movement at all? I saw he was on Freedom watch a while back. Is he going to start writing articles, making public statements, speaking at events, etc.

I want him to be on the scene so he's a known quantity by 2011. But where is he?

As I understand it, he's training to take part in several really big athletic competitions around the world over the course of the next year, and will jump into the political fray in 2010. I think it might be a good hiatus time, while Gary is taking part in his athletic events, to get his name out there so that he has an actual audience to speak to when he jumps in in '10.

I'm not worried about him not getting in soon enough. Remember when we were all fretting because Ron Paul waited until mid-2007 to form an exploratory committee? (GASP!) Lol. Plus, what really matters is the last month or two before the primaries begin. That's when the election is turned on its head (Huckabee and Paul shot out of nowhere, the big shots Rudy Mitt and Fred tanked, and McCain--the guy who was supposed to drop out during the summer for lack of fundraising--came out the nominee). We're still 3 years out from the presidential election. That's plenty of time. Three years out from the 2008 presidential election, Barack Obama had just been elected Senator.

PS (I like your avatar)

AbolishTheGovt
08-03-2009, 03:56 PM
blimp