PDA

View Full Version : Ready to use radio commercials?

Yooper Jo
09-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Does anyone have ready made radio commercials I can use? Or is there a talented person who can help me? I am overwhelmed at the thought of trying to make my own. lol I want to "target" gun owners/hunters during the upcoming season. ;)
Any help would be appreciated.
Jo

FluffyUnbound
09-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Does anyone have ready made radio commercials I can use? Or is there a talented person who can help me? I am overwhelmed at the thought of trying to make my own. lol I want to "target" gun owners/hunters during the upcoming season. ;)
Any help would be appreciated.
Jo

You know, there are a lot of threads about people trying to make "professional-seeming" TV commercials.

That might not be the right way to go all the time.

I think there's something to be said for a true "average voter" radio message.

With TV and radio ads, the closer you get to professional-quality, the more obvious the remaining flaws become. You get more acceptance for something that's obviously amateur because people cut you slack that they won't cut you if you get 80% of the way to professional quality but still fall short.

Yooper Jo
09-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Thank you for your opinion. I have no desire for a "professional" commercial. The station wants an MP3. I have no clue how to make an MP3. Just thought someone might be able to help me out.

M.Bellmore
09-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Thank you for your opinion. I have no desire for a "professional" commercial. The station wants an MP3. I have no clue how to make an MP3. Just thought someone might be able to help me out.

Hey are you raising $ for this effort? I'd support one across the U.P. if that is your intent. Best to use that chip-in method (take a look at the one for the UofM game)

They might be right though. What is the target audience? 2nd amendment people? College students?

Yooper Jo
09-26-2007, 10:53 AM
I was just going to pay for the hunting ones myself. The rates are VERY reasonable, and it is probably the best way to cover the U.P. And if we don't do this ourselves, there won't be any up here.
I am going to PM you the rates for some of their other stations. They are all under the same umbrella.

BillyDkid
09-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Well, you probably saw my commercial in here. It's not slanted towards shooters however. It is free for anyone to use as they see fit.

M.Bellmore
09-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Well, you probably saw my commercial in here. It's not slanted towards shooters however. It is free for anyone to use as they see fit.

You could go a bunch of ways with a commercial, especially during hunting season. I would want to point out Romney's flip-flopping gun control stance(since he is the *barf* 'favorite son' in MI). That is who we have to beat in MI.